Building from a baby bankroll

R

RhoadesHoyle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Post! Thank you. Poker is like life, dream big but play within your means. Take an occasional risk but not one that you can't afford...

I love this reply, qoute of 2017

purple714

purple714

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Rhoades! My personal poker quote that I came up with is: Poker, the game we love to hate.

C

Clinth2002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great article. If i could go back in time, i would have started strict BRM and prioritized it ahead of even studying the game.

B

Brian11580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this post, as we all do play different, but I recommend playing micro lvl..

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is i let to bet on sports with my winning but i will be trying this out thanks

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thank you very much for the interesting message we will try to follow him

RVlad17

RVlad17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full of bad beats at low stakes..and so many players too.It s really hard to build a balance from a baby bankroll

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
full of bad beats at low stakes..and so many players too.It s really hard to build a balance from a baby bankroll

I'd argue that there's no more bad beats at low stakes than there are at any other stakes - bad beats are just a part of playing poker, whatever form of the game you play and whatever level you play it at.

That said, it's precisely because of things like bad beats that you're right, it is really hard to build from a baby bankroll. And that's why we need to have a good plan and stick to it in order to be successful.

what´s about Sit & Go Tournaments?

Single-table or small field SnGs are probably fine. Large field SnGs are just MTTs without a fixed start time, so I'd treat them the same as MTTs and avoid them until you're properly rolled, because of the variance.

H

Hardhit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You´re right and most of us now this, but it is hard to accept when you loose a big part of the small Bankroll

W

Wabanoguy22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off awesome information on top, my bankroll is at $0 cause I'm only playing free rolls & I'm still learning on how to play.. but I'm sure I'll master it in no time.. good luck everyone

S

Samir123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im studing a lot but is too hard to win a freeroll
Yes, but there is a lot of players and that make more variance, also you can see the pros in streaming with problems in tournaments, cash games may be easier for you

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker a long time & I'm still learning. I don't think you'll ever know everything about it

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good post . I am going to save this to go back and read during my frustrating days at the tables.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You covered it all, it's really helpful and great post, i will definetly follow this post and the notes u've write in it. Great rules to follow! Thanks for your effort buddy. Good luck to everybody, and good luck to u aswell!
Cheers!!!

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Unfortunately I have a lot of time that I can give to poker, advise me to start from now on please)))

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost passed a day but there is no answer:eek:. There are admins in this topic?

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Inproving

I've been doing a lot better this weekend, but I'm still having trouble learning when to quit. I've placed in a couple tournament & won a little cash but I can't seem to call it quits till I lose it back & then some. I mean I know what the problem is but for some reason I just ignore the answer. Why would I do that

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did really good last week but this week I'm getting murder, and always the worst hand beat me

G

GotNutzs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting Out

<div>Although I don't consider myself a beginner, I do concede that I lack lot of skills and your introductory post is very insightful and helpful. I played for years for fun at a break-even rate intuitively Without Really Trying to build my skill-set. I'm at the point where I feel it's time to get serious.

For starters, a lot of the abbreviations you use in your post I can guess, and even some I know. For the ones that I not familiar with in order to better understand your advice, what is a good source for poker abbreviations and jargon?

:rolleyes:</div>

G

GotNutzs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never Mind

Sorry, this was the first thread I read after joining. The next thread that I read actually had the answer to my question above. so I have my information thank you. LOL LOL LOL
;)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the key to building that bankroll from nothing. When you win your first freeroll if it is more than $10/$20 you'll probably think it's a lot and play more sizable tables but resist the urge to put big chunks of your bankroll into one game because it may be awhile before you cash again and you have to have stake money. Usually freeroll first wins are somewhere around the $3 and below range and if this is the case then you'll have to be more patient but it's doable. :joyman:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting from zero again because it's been awhile since I've cashed. I've been playing tournaments lately and getting really close to cashing but no cigar. I think that this time around cashing for me is more difficult because now I'm anticipating the cash and thinking more about it the closer I get to it and this messes up my game and I end up getting knocked out before the money. Gotta watch that.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good advice, I now have my bankroll started slowly, but costs keep this money, you recommend me to increase my bankroll, I really like playing Mtt, thanks and greetings.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great post for sure, worth a read

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management