Who is the best player in basketball history

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's gonna be settled soon, definitively and for all

Lebron will begin shooting Space Jam 2 next summer lol (I actually think Lebron is a much better actor and MJ only had great facial expressions)

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't mention bj as a hall of famer. I just mentioned him as someone you left out. Toni had an amazing run even before the nba. He will get into the hof. He was also a freak, size to skill set ratio, way before it was more normal like today with kd type of frames. He was way better than a average role player.

The team barely fell off without him, Pippin was a mvp contender, he did indeed make those around him better and that year showed it, look at it collectively. MJ was just kobe before kobe.

Answer this... would you take wade and bosh over Pippin and rodman? I'm still stuck on you saying mj had the lesser teams compared to lbj. I'm not a fan of mj, or lbj for the record. Or kobe either... haha.
Obviously as you point out I am biased lol.

Uhm....BJ will never be a HOF player....he didn't even play on the 1st 3 teams. I love a good debate but you need facts as of now its been your opinion. Google Basketball Reference HOF possibilities

231.B.J. Armstrong0.0201

So he is listed as less than 3% chance

Kukoc isn't even listed. He only averaged 11 pts a game, 4 rebounds, 3 Assists....cmon man...really? Now you see why he isn't on the list

There is also no way you watched these guys and no offense is clearly evidenced by your suggesting ROLE players are HOF candidates?

Pippen is not the most under rated player but rather Bulls fans universally considered him an outstanding defensive player with lots of intangibles....never was gonna be "the guy" and he never was with or after the Bulls. He missed game 6 in the series you reference going 7 games vs NY Knicks with a "migraine" meanwhile MJ scored the winning bucket in the last of their 6 championships...with a 103 temperature.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts and most of the time they are very good...again no offense...but to a real Bulls fan it sounds like ya really don't know how that team functioned

BJ? Tony? Really....never

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't mention bj as a hall of famer. I just mentioned him as someone you left out. Toni had an amazing run even before the nba. He will get into the hof. He was also a freak, size to skill set ratio, way before it was more normal like today with kd type of frames. He was way better than a average role player.

The team barely fell off without him, Pippin was a mvp contender, he did indeed make those around him better and that year showed it, look at it collectively. MJ was just kobe before kobe.

Answer this... would you take wade and bosh over Pippin and rodman? I'm still stuck on you saying mj had the lesser teams compared to lbj. I'm not a fan of mj, or lbj for the record. Or kobe either... haha.

Kukoc won't make the HOF, they don't take into account anything but the NBA and I has said he had very average stats so I'm not sure what you are basing that on.He's tanked 134th on next year's list. That doesn't even take into account new names that will join each year...your stock only drops each year.

Rodman played 2 1/2 years of that run and was nearer to the end than the beginning. He struggled with suspensions and knee issues. He did play big in the play offs so I'll give ya him. Kukoc is way too much of a stretch. Averaging 11 points a game isn't going to do it.

As far as who would I take? Bosh and Wade over Rodman and Pippen? Just based on the ages of the players when they played together it would be the younger Wade/Bosh.

But the real answer I would give is as I stated and many others as well....Jordan elevated players games like no one else so I would take either and he would win.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also not sure about the Kobe/MJ thing

A little enjoyment for the MJ fan's though

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You undervalue kukoc, and over valuing the elevating others games. If he elevated them so much, why did they barely miss a step without him?

As for kukoc, dude was a freak. He came to a team with 2 of the best of all time already in their prime, and you talk stats? Think of harden in okc behind durant and Westbrook. Toni is on the fiba top 5 of all time for a reason, people his size couldn't play how he did back then. It's become more common now, but back then he was a freak. A big man who could shoot. Was a great passer also and saw the floor like a pg.

You seem to be undervalue just about every player on the bulls to be honest. Rodman came there for a specific reason, and he played that role better than anyone in the leauge. Pippen, clearly one of the best all around players ever, grant, bj, luc, all played their roles above average. Paxton, kerr. Look at their line ups on those teams, when they lost a player, they got one who had the same type of game to replace them. You undervalue Jackson also, as he set that all up. You can't lose the best player of all time, and barely fall off man... look at teams after lebron leaves them....
Kukoc won't make the HOF, they don't take into account anything but the NBA and I has said he had very average stats so I'm not sure what you are basing that on.He's tanked 134th on next year's list. That doesn't even take into account new names that will join each year...your stock only drops each year.

Rodman played 2 1/2 years of that run and was nearer to the end than the beginning. He struggled with suspensions and knee issues. He did play big in the play offs so I'll give ya him. Kukoc is way too much of a stretch. Averaging 11 points a game isn't going to do it.

As far as who would I take? Bosh and Wade over Rodman and Pippen? Just based on the ages of the players when they played together it would be the younger Wade/Bosh.

But the real answer I would give is as I stated and many others as well....Jordan elevated players games like no one else so I would take either and he would win.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Larry Bird was the greatest player ever. Made every player on his team twice as good just by his leadership and instincts, Bill Russel was the greatest winning basketball player!!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Michael"air" Jordan ,of .I remember him very well and I liked him very much!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without doubt is Michael Jordan, of all time

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jordan. ....and I'm a long time Celtics fan. But easily, Jordan.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
John Stokton ;)

Kidding :D MJ is the best from the best!

61t%2BNvmBhUL._SX425_.jpg

HaKaPu

HaKaPu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I come from Croatia and for me the best player in basketball history is Dražen Petrović !!!

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely this is Jordan but Curry is somewhere near:)

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally MJ will be the best ever and dont even try to say that Lebron because I can not even listen to that.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Latvian unicorn - Kristaps Porzingis[emoji102]

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in the 50s of the 20th century in the "Riga SKA" invited Janis KRUMINS (in the center), many twisted his finger at the temple: "What the hell does the team need a Forester?". Two years later, the entire Olympic Melbourne applauded the Forester.
jan_kruminsh03.jpg

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michael Jordan without a shadow of a doubt! His mind has always been on a very high level!

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
manu ginobili he is the best player without doubtsshown at the Olympic games

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard for me to be objective because my country has given many big players but I have to be honest.Michael Jordan it's far away above all.He certainly belongs to the category of the best athletes of all time.

I would point to Michael Jordan also.