Who is the best player in basketball history

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's lebron. jordan's best argument is team accomplishments which says it all.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think the answer is obvious. M. Jordan.
He is the best. No one has achieved such success.
Good luck.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I think the answer is obvious. M. Jordan.
He is the best. No one has achieved such success.
Good luck.

Umm... Bill Russel? People that say jordan don't really actually give any valid reasons, seems driven more off nostalgia.

Y

yuroktexas84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LeBron is the most versatile in the game

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron is the best because humans evolve and Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster and is playing against tougher competition. There werent any 7 foot SG like KD or absolute freaks like Giannis when MJ played.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm... Bill Russel? People that say jordan don't really actually give any valid reasons, seems driven more off nostalgia.

Bill Russell got 40 and 20 dropped on him everytime he played Wilt so nuff said haha

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To many great players to pick just one. Every season has a break through star on the court.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta admit one thing in the Jordan/Lebron debate. Lebron OWNS Jordan in game 7 points scored in the NBA Finals.

Oh wait...that's right, in Jordan's 6 titles there never was a game 7
1f609.png
;-)
By the way at least 3 of those 6 championships were when the Bulls scored with under 5 seconds to break a tie or come from behind.

Attachments

• Jordan.jpg
    Jordan.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 26
Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without discussion Michael Jordan))

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each generation has its own heroes. In the 90-ies of the Jordan, in 00, Kobe Bryant, and now Lebron James.

HusKeY

HusKeY

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started watching basketball cuz of Kobe, never watched MJ full match just some of highlights and i guess its all about in which generation u raised up. For me Kobe is the best but i think we all can admit that LeBron is on fire! Steph Curry is probably the next top player.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think michael jordan is legend and the best player

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm.....A few things as a Bulls fan who lived in Chicago from 89-98 and maybe missed a handful of games.

Michael has 51- 30 point games. He was defensive player of the year and a 9 time all defensive team so who ever said there were players more versatile is incorrect.

He made players better. If you didn't watch him play every night you may not have seen that. He was the NBA Finals MVP 6 times and was 6 for 6 in Championships. He never played a game 7. He had a will to win that is still unparalleled.

Now some have said he played with 4 other hall of famers. Where are you getting that from? There was him and Scottie Pippen.

Rodman played 2 1/2 years in Chicago near the end of his career and was a piece but not the HOF he was as a younger player.

No others guys. Not Steve Kerr and not Bill Cartwright or Horace Grant.

MJ literally had role players that he, again, made better. His wasn't a team of all stars like Lebron's had at every team since he went to Miami

Now...Bill Russell may be a better argument vs MJ

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate to say it lebron james might be the best ever

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow

Wow, that is a tough question. I'll get back to you.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems a tad biased.

Rodman was a rebound vacuum man, not to mention getting people off their game, something there isn't a stat line for.

Toni will be in the hof, you didn't even mention him or bj Armstrong , which seems strange. Grant and Kerr were role players sure... but excelled at what they did. Jackson is the goat coach, that's 5 hof. Pippin is in everyone's top players of all time, and as stated somewhere in this thread, the year jordan left the first time, the bulls barely fell off...

He didn't make players better, he was a kobe player...

The last bit says all there is to say about the biased... lbj has been on garbage teams since miami. It's not even a debate about the teams compared to one another.

I will say that you at least attempted to give reasoning unlike everyone else saying mj.
Hmmmm.....A few things as a Bulls fan who lived in Chicago from 89-98 and maybe missed a handful of games.

Michael has 51- 30 point games. He was defensive player of the year and a 9 time all defensive team so who ever said there were players more versatile is incorrect.

He made players better. If you didn't watch him play every night you may not have seen that. He was the NBA Finals MVP 6 times and was 6 for 6 in Championships. He never played a game 7. He had a will to win that is still unparalleled.

Now some have said he played with 4 other hall of famers. Where are you getting that from? There was him and Scottie Pippen.

Rodman played 2 1/2 years in Chicago near the end of his career and was a piece but not the HOF he was as a younger player.

No others guys. Not Steve Kerr and not Bill Cartwright or Horace Grant.

MJ literally had role players that he, again, made better. His wasn't a team of all stars like Lebron's had at every team since he went to Miami

Now...Bill Russell may be a better argument vs MJ

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems a tad biased.

Rodman was a rebound vacuum man, not to mention getting people off their game, something there isn't a stat line for.

Toni will be in the hof, you didn't even mention him or bj Armstrong , which seems strange. Grant and Kerr were role players sure... but excelled at what they did. Jackson is the goat coach, that's 5 hof. Pippin is in everyone's top players of all time, and as stated somewhere in this thread, the year jordan left the first time, the bulls barely fell off...

He didn't make players better, he was a kobe player...

The last bit says all there is to say about the biased... lbj has been on garbage teams since miami. It's not even a debate about the teams compared to one another.

I will say that you at least attempted to give reasoning unlike everyone else saying mj.

Obviously as you point out I am biased lol.

Uhm....BJ will never be a HOF player....he didn't even play on the 1st 3 teams. I love a good debate but you need facts as of now its been your opinion. Google Basketball Reference HOF possibilities

231.B.J. Armstrong0.0201

So he is listed as less than 3% chance

Kukoc isn't even listed. He only averaged 11 pts a game, 4 rebounds, 3 Assists....cmon man...really? Now you see why he isn't on the list

There is also no way you watched these guys and no offense is clearly evidenced by your suggesting ROLE players are HOF candidates?

Pippen is not the most under rated player but rather Bulls fans universally considered him an outstanding defensive player with lots of intangibles....never was gonna be "the guy" and he never was with or after the Bulls. He missed game 6 in the series you reference going 7 games vs NY Knicks with a "migraine" meanwhile MJ scored the winning bucket in the last of their 6 championships...with a 103 temperature.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts and most of the time they are very good...again no offense...but to a real Bulls fan it sounds like ya really don't know how that team functioned

BJ? Tony? Really....never

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion it was M jordan 23 was the best of all time and still not surpassed at my discretion at least:D:captain:

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan always made sure that everybody understand that He was the best player on the floor since day 1, every time media suggest that someone was better than him probably because of a bad game or media trying to push another hero, Jordan would come the very next game and destroys him, He builds this monk aura around him.