WE THE NORTH

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great win against knicks and a solid season getting to 50 wins with all the young guys this season on the roster

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:icon_bounlets hope the Raptors get hot in the playoffs.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should be an interesting first round matchup. Raps should be able to take this in 6.

Raps have had the Bucks number the last few years.

Will be interesting to see how they handle Giannis... I'm sure some combo of Carroll, Tucker and maybe even Pat will be able to handle him.

I think our X-factor will be JV... the Bucks have very little rim protection and interior defense, so we need to pound them inside.

We need to watch out for Middleton on their side... he has looked good after returning from injury.

Celtics need to be on upset watch as do the Clips

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even throw serge at the greek freak too ,make him work hard to get each basket ,bang him around ...i dont think overall they can score with us ,hopefully its a quick series raps in 5 ,i like this matchup for us especially without jabari parker there for them .

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Raptors when healthy are a better team this year compared to last one with the addition of Serge Ibaka and demar derozan averaging eight more points from previous year . Raptors win in 5 games versus Milwaukee.

Last edited:
99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Raptors when healthy are a better team this year compared to last one with the addition of Serge Ibaka and demar derozan averaging eight more points from previous year . Raptors win in 5 games versus Milwaukee.

If this team really gels in the playoffs they have more weapons then ever before to beat teams ,we can go various styles ..i personally agree the bucs are goi g to get outclassed here raps in 5 even with giaonnis possibly having big games

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well the raps need to stay focused and not let the ref's take there focus away. they were dead yesterday and the buck did what they needed to beat the raps. at times it seemed like they got under the raptors skin and took them off there game. but when you hit 4 of 30 from 3 point land I doubt your going to win many games ! there shooting was terrible thats the real reason why they lost so big. just flat on the floor IMO

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowry acknowledged that the team had a gameplan for Giannis to prevent them scoring in transition and absolute did not stick to it even after it was called out by the coaches...

Hopefully they stick to the plan tomorrow and bring it home.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowry acknowledged that the team had a gameplan for Giannis to prevent them scoring in transition and absolute did not stick to it even after it was called out by the coaches...

Hopefully they stick to the plan tomorrow and bring it home.
lets hope so! I know these guys play way better than they showed the other night

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that was way more like the raptors ...actually running the floor and sharing the ball ..they did so much better against Giannis too ,nice win ,now getting game 3 there and gaining control back is a must

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gameplan was definitely better. We forced Giannis to settle for jumpers, but he made quite a few of them...

I don't think the Bucks will shoot as well as they did this game, and we should have it easier next game.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your right iveyfan! they are playing above there normal. but it is the playoffs so any thing can happen! big game three tonight!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow devasted the way they didnt play even alittle lastnight ..i bet on them and to say im shocked they got destroyed like that is putting it mildly wow ...they might actually take us out ,i dont want to believe it so im still all in but it wont be except if it happens in 7 games i think ...bucs have really stepped up we have to this point played disaapointing basketball even in game 2 ,never seen a high seed get destroyed like that before :/ on to the next one must get a split !

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope raptors will loose this playoff series. Raptors management must to see how derozan and lowry drowing team at playoffs. Hate those selfish players. 0 teamplay when playoff start's.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boy. That was embarrassing... you know you are shooting bricks when Demarre Carroll is your best shooter. I'm not even lying, he is the only Raps player shooting above 50%, hes 6/11 from the field.

The starting lineup NEEDS to change and there's two options imo.

Option 1: Play our strongest lineup throughout the series to start the game

Lowry, Derozan, Tucker, Pat, Ibaka.
Pros: Pat can guard Giannis leaving Tucker to lock down Middleton. Also our most defensively flexible lineup. All 5 guys can shoot the 3 ball. Carroll provides spacing for the bench lineup.

Cons: It means JV will come off the bench against Monroe who's been eating his lunch this series, instead of JV starting against Maker.

Option 2: Lowry, Derozan, Carroll, Tucker, JV

Pros: JV can (hopefully) abuse Maker in the post (hasn't happened so far), Tucker can guard Giannis, leaving Carroll to lock down Middleton. Bench lineup is solid, with one of KLOE and DD plus Cory, Pat, Ibaka.

Cons: JV has been poop this series and getting bullied by Maker. This lineup lacks some size. Spacing in this lineup is dicey at best with JV and DD not shooting threes and Carroll and Tucker being spot-up shooters.

Option 3 (aka Hail Mary): Start Bruno and put him on Giannis. He's long enough to disrupt his game and offense he can just stand in the corner and hit 3s.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must win today thats all ii know ...go raptors

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JV 22 mins ,12 points(5/5 fg. 2/2 free throws). Guy shooting 100%, but no better give ball to selfish derozan and lowry to shoot bricks. Maybe Casey in love with those two.. Im JV fan and I think he must leave this "team" for next season.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope raptors will loose this playoff series. Raptors management must to see how derozan and lowry drowing team at playoffs. Hate those selfish players. 0 teamplay when playoff start's.
I am not sure if you watched the games or even understand the game ! lol but I can tell you these are humans and over the long haul just like in poker the better players ( hands ) come out on top!
Go raptors Go
they played a strong game Saturday. down to a 3 game series with home court!

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure if you watched the games or even understand the game ! lol but I can tell you these are humans and over the long haul just like in poker the better players ( hands ) come out on top!
Go raptors Go
they played a strong game Saturday. down to a 3 game series with home court!
I bet I understand more about basketball if you are typical nba fan who likes to watch how stars running and shooting. In europe here playing teamplay games with strategy and team perception. Our country's with 3million people have national team which was 3rd in the world ranking. This is the result of teamplay,strategy,combinations, smart play(like in poker). Same thing in Euroleague. Real Madrid ,CSKA, Ulker those teams can beat most of nba teams without having atlethic individual stars. Raptors play is based on individual play without smart play, especially in playoffs. So if raptors stars will miss shots raptors will loose and I dont know if you think its good strategy including poker playing all hands without smart play and try to win, and this is not long haul its 7 game series.. Sry im so sceptic about raptors and whole nba game..

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I do know more basketball than a typical NBA fan. I coach 12-13 yr olds and have won 3 pennants in the last 4 years (the team had no pennants between 2000 and 2013, when I started.)

While the Raps offense looks very isolation heavy, the coaching staff implements fairly creative ways to get DeRozan and Lowry good looks with the use of re-screening, setting double screens and using some flex offense to get good looks.

It may not be as pretty as the offense of the Spurs and the teams in Europe but it certainly is as effective. The Raptors had the top offense in the league heading into the all-star break before everybody got injured and that wasn't a fluke.

There is a YouTube channel called "Raptors Playbook" that shows some of the little things the Raps do on offense. You should check it out

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet I understand more about basketball if you are typical nba fan who likes to watch how stars running and shooting. In europe here playing teamplay games with strategy and team perception. Our country's with 3million people have national team which was 3rd in the world ranking. This is the result of teamplay,strategy,combinations, smart play(like in poker). Same thing in Euroleague. Real Madrid ,CSKA, Ulker those teams can beat most of nba teams without having atlethic individual stars. Raptors play is based on individual play without smart play, especially in playoffs. So if raptors stars will miss shots raptors will loose and I dont know if you think its good strategy including poker playing all hands without smart play and try to win, and this is not long haul its 7 game series.. Sry im so sceptic about raptors and whole nba game..
what ever you think man it's all about team work is very true ! But if you think the raptors are only playing two players are those two players are not using the other TEAM mates then yes I would think I would know more than you! this is a team sport haha the raptor use more than just 5 players and have a deep bench. if they have a bad game or the referee's don't call the fouls then the game can go any way. haha the last few games have been tough and it don't make it any easier when you are not making shots! just remeber they are humans just like you and I. And as humans we are not perfect although a lot think they are haha!!! good luck to you...... and Go Raptors Go !!!!!!:cool:

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice win when they share the ball and keep the pace up this team is amuch different team even if its a lower scoring game ...get that game 5 guys!! Ps stop starting carroll he might do very well off the bench

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice win when they share the ball and keep the pace up this team is amuch different team even if its a lower scoring game ...get that game 5 guys!! Ps stop starting carroll he might do very well off the bench

I made a post about this on the Raptors FB page.

Patterson needs to start for Carroll. He brings more size and better shooting and rebounding to the starting lineup.

Might need to stagger JV's and Carroll's minutes because the defense suffers when both of them are one... the bench will still be fine with Delon and PJ bringing the defense.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all I know its very exciting when these guys are making shots and running the court and passing well! finding the open guy is key for the good look.
Game five the raptors played like we all know they can! this is what we come to expect from them ! Powell was a force....

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! Everybody came to play yesterday... Ball was moving, defense was great... this is the way we have to play if we advance and face Cleveland.

The Bucks are an infinitely better defensive team than the Cavs, so if we can score like this against them, it should be a cakewalk offensively next round.