:icon_boun:icon_boun:icon_boungo raptors go:icon_boun:icon_boun:icon_boun

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost wasted that 25 point lead being down even 2 at onepoi t in 4th way to regain form and take the series on to the cavs

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! Everybody came to play yesterday... Ball was moving, defense was great... this is the way we have to play if we advance and face Cleveland.

The Bucks are an infinitely better defensive team than the Cavs, so if we can score like this against them, it should be a cakewalk offensively next round.

If we want any chance to win against the cavs we surely will need to score the ball consistantly and play good d especially at the 3 point line

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to raptors. Now their waiting cavaliers the different caliber team. I think cavs will win 4-2..

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rational side of me wants to say Cavs in 6 maybe 7, but I'm the fan side of me can see the Raps taking this in 7.

Cleveland is much worse defensively than the Bucks and lack true rim protection, so I think our offense should be more efficient.

The obvious downside is that Cleveland's offense is miles better than the Bucks, so our defense has to be on point (which it has been so far this series).

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah this series will be a super tough one ,we will surely have tobe much better on offence and execute really well on defence not giving them wide open shots especially from 3

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notsure what to expect in game one from the raptors ...hope they come out scoring amd running the floor ,give the cavs something to think about ,cmon bench players if we take them out its because our bench played amazing as we will get fairly solid production from whom ever is starting ...go raptors !

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the Raptors can score with the cav's and I know we have better D. this becomes a bench series and of course what the f-ing ref's call and don't call
I am just happy to keep watching:icon_boun:congrats:

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same old first game of a series deal with them couldnt bet them except the over ...they surely need to get more from the bench to win games

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like to see DeRozan brick shooter 2/11 loosing games, but anyway he is the reptors star. Its so sad..

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been in germany, chaperoning my school. So I've watched bits and pieces until I inevitably fall asleep.

I think the starting lineup changes were smart. Norm handled LeBron very well. Ibaka could stay in the paint and be a rim protector instead of guarding Love on the perimeter.

JV abused Frye offensively but Frye repaid the favour on the other end. There's still hope if we can solve LeBron. We did a better job for the most part.

Everybody needs to step up though if we need to win. Lowry has been amazing this series. Ibaka and DD need to shoot at a higher clip if we need to win.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no doubt about it the guys need to step up

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After Game 3, I don't see much hope for the Raps. They just can't seem to get their act together for 4 quarters. I think a comeback now really would be the hand of God taking personal interest.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again watched the first half of game 3 and then fell asleep (that's like 2:30 am in Germany).

I thought they did a great job, up 3 at the half w/o Lowry. Didn't watch the 2ND half so couldn't see what went wrong... but now it's almost impossible. Taking 4 in a row against he Cavs would be more impressive than the Cavs comeback last year.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... now the fun begins.

Lowry, Ibaka, Pat and Tucker are all FAs.

Casey is most likely going to keep his job but there is a question mark there...

JV and Carroll have looked expendable.

Should be an interesting off-season.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Piss poor effort getting swept ,no excuses that is not good in any way shape or form ,patterson was mia carroll number one needs to be moved and off our books ...kyle at a max deal nah love em but no injured his whole career and goes invisable in the playoffs ,serge could be a nice piece getting carrolls mo ey if he wants to stay but i wouldnt break the bank for him either .I surely wouldnt trade jv just use damn man properly ,tucker on a one year deal to keep him hungry max 2 nothing more

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a super ideal world, this is what I would do...

Apparently, the Nets are willing to take on bad contracts if they get a pick back, so the Raps could trade Carroll and their first round pick to the Nets for the Nets second round pick just to shed themselves of 15 mil.

I would try and re-sign all 4 FA's and if we do sign Ibaka, then JV is probably gone, because Ibaka plays much better at C. Trade JV for a starting power forward or small forward.

We could sign a free agent using the mid-level exception (which is what we used to get Sullinger last year)... Sign whatever position that was not filled in the JV trade.

That leaves us with a roster that would look like this
PG: Lowry, Joseph, Wright, VanVleet
SG: Derozan, Powell
SF: Tucker, Free Agent, Caboclo
PF: Return in JV trade, Patterson, Siakam
C: Ibaka, Poeltl, Nogeuira

Of course, this is my utopian world.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please take carroll anyone ...as for jv i wouldnt move him not a chance unless for a nice package just use the man properly ...sege would bebetter playing pf anyways doesnt post up much ...if kyle goes so be it ,he is surely not a max deal player for playoff numbers and gsmes missed per season being st 31 too ,will be missed but lots of options ,like a george hill for way cheaper and seeing then what delon and corey can really do. I do hope this sege deal is done ,that would be good.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see Lowry staying. Hes moving to a West team, so i heard.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were so many rumors about DeRozan last year too though and those didn't pan out. The only team out West I could see Lowry going to would be the Spurs and he would have to take a pay cut to go there.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as for jv i wouldnt move him not a chance unless for a nice package just use the man properly ...sege would bebetter playing pf anyways doesnt post up much ...if kyle goes so be it ,he is surely not a max deal player for playoff numbers and gsmes missed per season being st 31 too.

The numbers don't lie... Ibaka and JV don't work well together. I agree that we can use JV more efficiently but Ibaka's numbers at the 5 are impressive. Impresosive enough that I think we should move JV and get a starting 3 or 4 in return.

This is mainly because Ibaka is at his best defensively when he is in the paint. When he plays PF, he has to guard on the perimeter, whereas he can be an elite rim protector when he plays at C.

The big reason I don't want Lowry to leave is his floor spacing ability. He shot well over 40% from three. If he leaves (and we don't resign Serge), we ate looking at a team whose best three point shooter is Powell. CoJo, Wright, DD, PJ, and all the other bigs can't shoot from outside.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Rumor has it Lowry is considering going home to Philly.

Do you guys think Toronto will offer him the max 5yr/200M if they do he is likely to stay.

Carrol has to be moved, I think Rudy Gay will be on the market might be an option.

Once they lock up Ibaka probably trade JV for a 4 or a wing.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rumor has it Lowry is considering going home to Philly.

Do you guys think Toronto will offer him the max 5yr/200M if they do he is likely to stay.

Carrol has to be moved, I think Rudy Gay will be on the market might be an option.

Once they lock up Ibaka probably trade JV for a 4 or a wing.

I think that if the Raps feel like they need to offer him a max contract to stay, then they will.

Rudy Gay is a bit ball-hoggy for me... I'm not really buying into Lowry to Philly. It sounds like Derozan to the Lakers last year.

Lowry said he wants a ring, the only two teams that even remotely have a shot at a ring in Free Agency are the Spurs and the Raps.

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope JV will be traded to better organization. He cant play with this coach Casey who can play just with Lowry and DeRozan.