WE THE NORTH

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's a tough loss I hate watching the games when that happens .
but they have an exciting team, good bench too.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Derozan blatantly fouled on that last possession. You can't pull a jersey of the attacking player.

Ibaka just got traded to the Raps for T-Ross and the worst 1st round pick of the Raptors this year.

Good move that solidifies the front court and Powell can replace Ross' minutes

New depth chart when healthy
PG: Lowry, Joseph, Vanvleet, Wright
SG: Derozan, (Lowry)
SF: Carroll, Powell, Caboclo
PF: Ibaka, Patterson, Sullinger, Siakam
C: JV, Nogueira, Poeltl

I would not be surprised if Masai makes another trade involving a Raptors PF and a PG for a wing.

I would not mind sending Joseph and Poeltl fin a deal for someone like Gallinari.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow did the kings ever give up cousins for cheap ,he might be abit all over the place but no denying hes right up there and maybe best at his position ,anothny davis and him will be hard to stop fpr teams night to night down low ,if they get decent guard play pelicans will be a team on the rise for sure .Interesting move seems like raptors and lakers and afew others had a shot at him too ,still cant believe how cheap they got him .

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pj tucker is now here too ,tonight is a big game vs the celtics they need to win this one

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like what the Raptors did with their trades. They could be a tough team in the east. I still don't think they can beat the Cavs. They might be better than the Celtics though.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Serge has fit in nicely and both games are wins

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like what the Raptors did with their trades. They could be a tough team in the east. I still don't think they can beat the Cavs. They might be better than the Celtics though.

No offense to the Celtics but the Raptors were better than them before this trade with both teams healthy. The Raptors started to go south when Derozan and Patterson went out.

Patterson actually ranked 3Rd in minutes played this year for the Raps and was the only big that could space the floor.

Without him on the floor, opposing teams could clog the paint to cut off Lowry's drives knowing that no big can shoot.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No offense to the Celtics but the Raptors were better than them before this trade with both teams healthy. The Raptors started to go south when Derozan and Patterson went out.

Patterson actually ranked 3Rd in minutes played this year for the Raps and was the only big that could space the floor.

Without him on the floor, opposing teams could clog the paint to cut off Lowry's drives knowing that no big can shoot.
Lets just hope kyle isnt out to long ,i like them tonight to get it done against the knicks lots of turmoil there even on a back to back and yes patterson was a big problem being put ,nice to have another big now that can shoot and rebound and play defence with serge being here .

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Good pick ups for Raps not only for this season but if they can keep them going forward they should stay relevant in East for a while.

If healthy they are second best team in East no question.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these new guys are paying dividends already
lets hope they meld for the playoffs

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost let that win slip away in new york glad serge was awesome in second half amd demar was a killer all game he willed that victory ,what a game winning shot over d rose

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was beginning to play better before the trade but Carroll has stepped it up big time on D.

He is starting to look like the player we paid for.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He has a long way to go night to night to redeem himself ,he has one good game and then you dont notice him for 4 ,for being called jyd clone i dont see it ,junk yard dog you noticed every night ,just keep winning teams around us are and signing players to get even deeper

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think we have a lot of depth now and have a great chance of going deep in the post season!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure hope so and that guys like patterson and carroll step up cause on noghts like last night they totally blew their role missing open shots it cant be just dd and serge ,add jv into that mix they all need to start p,aying better

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great team win today by the Raps.

Carroll and Patterson looked great in the first half. Pat looked good until he fell awkwardly on his knee, and then he started to move slower laterally on defense. I hope it isn't anything serious.

And Norm was the opposite. Looked awful in the first half and came alive in the second.

Also shoutout to Delon Wright... did a good job containing Wall and exposing Jennings on defense. Also he had 4 blocks!!!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great team win today by the Raps.

Carroll and Patterson looked great in the first half. Pat looked good until he fell awkwardly on his knee, and then he started to move slower laterally on defense. I hope it isn't anything serious.

And Norm was the opposite. Looked awful in the first half and came alive in the second.

Also shoutout to Delon Wright... did a good job containing Wall and exposing Jennings on defense. Also he had 4 blocks!!!
Yeah that was a solid team to bad its right back to a toal stinker the next night against a team they had beat 13 of last 14 times :/ dd only 11 points casey was beyond stupid bringing him back with only 3:45 to go in the game

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, without Lowry, a team like Milwaukee becomes dangerous. Derozan can be guarded well by Snell, Middleton or Giannis. All of those 3 have the athleticism and length to contain him. Milwaukee did a good job switching up defensive schemes and keeping the ball out of Derozan's hands.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They better get more consistent and fast one player out even your pg shouldnt make you a hot mess to this degree ,you never kniw what you are going to get with this team and they really need to start using jv properly if he can score in forst wuarter he can score in other quarters use the guy !

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They better get more consistent and fast one player out even your pg shouldnt make you a hot mess to this degree ,you never kniw what you are going to get with this team and they really need to start using jv properly if he can score in forst wuarter he can score in other quarters use the guy !
thats right if he can score then let him score ! but mostly he should be able to to draw defense to him and that leaves others open!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The conundrum is that Ibaka is wayyyy more useful at the 5 than at the 4.

When Ibaka is playing PF, we are being outscored by 9 points every 100 possessions. However, when he is playing C, we are outscoring teams by over 22 points every 100 possessions.

It turns out that a lineup including Ibaka, Tucker, one of Carroll/Pat, Derozan and any PG is dynamite.

JV was a scoring machine against Milwaukee, but he got a lot of touches in that first quarter (Derozan didn't even take a shot in the first) and he got torched by Spencer Hawes on the other end of the floor who went 5-5 with a few threes.

I can honestly see JV being shipped this summer if we can keep Ibaka and then play him at the 5 full time.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully the practice time the last few days can get afew things sorted out ,those numbers are pretty telling in a small sample size ,but we do need both and difference in styles to be effective long term serge at center all the time wouldnt be a good thing i dont think when a lowry is back running the show .We better get rolling is my hope

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big game against the Pels today. Need to control Boogie and AD down low.

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great come back, and JV with the 4th Quarter minutes :) double double

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level