Ongoing Soccer Thread

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
possibly a load of Sunderland fans having a punt? ;)

I seem to remember Redknapp being evens to be sacked last season - he wasn't (shame lol ;) )

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you see the 2nd ManU goal v Spurs today? Gomes assumed it was a free kick so put the ball down in his own area....but the ref had not given a free kick....and Nani just ran up and tapped it into the empty goal! Ensuing mayhem didn't change the fact that the goal was given.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you see the 2nd ManU goal v Spurs today? Gomes assumed it was a free kick so put the ball down in his own area....but the ref had not given a free kick....and Nani just ran up and tapped it into the empty goal! Ensuing mayhem didn't change the fact that the goal was given.

Yeah, I mean the cliffnotes of that entire situation is essentially 'play to the whistle'

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's exactly what I was thinking all the time - isn't that we are ALL told time after time after time in every level of amateur football - play to the whistle!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clattenburg is an idiot.

Gomes is an idiot.

I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clattenburg2.gif

Is it just me, or is Clattenburg's reaction to the goal phenomenally unprofessional?

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The reffing in this country has freefalled down hill ever since they became full time, seems they think the game is more about them these days and building up some kind of profile so they can make money when they are retired.

The main thought I had about the goal apart from play to the whistle was what the linesman was doing, surely he must've seen the handball. bloody Man U get everything their way

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-1, EVEN SHOLA SCORED, 5-1, EVEN SHOLA SCORED, 5-1, EVEN SHOLA SCORED!!! LOL SUNLUN LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to back wins for Liverpool, most be a full moon :D.

Am I the only one that feels like he is watching Liverpool from 10 years ago when watching Aston Villa?
Gerard Houllier and Garry Mac managing, Heskey upfront and Warnock and Friedel in there aswell.
Now Houllier just has to sign Owen and Murphy in January and he can exactly repeat the 2001 season triple :D

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Back to back wins for Liverpool, most be a full moon :D.

Am I the only one that feels like he is watching Liverpool from 10 years ago when watching Aston Villa?
Gerard Houllier and Garry Mac managing, Heskey upfront and Warnock and Friedel in there aswell.
Now Houllier just has to sign Owen and Murphy in January and he can exactly repeat the 2001 season triple :D

Didn't realise they were playing today till I saw Harold arriving at half time :confused:

S

sammyh27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, im shocked at how many soccer fans there are on this site, im a big fan of Olympic Lyon but dont really have any ties to any teams considering i live in america.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Another fine win today, Hughton got his tactics spot on & the whole team did everything expected of them

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any win at Arsenal is a great one. I am very impressed with Newcastle so far.

Watched the Liverpool-Chelsea game in full - Chelsea were unlucky 2nd half but first half is as well as I have seen Liverpool play in a long, long time, all over the park. Great to see Kuyt back, great to see Torres back to his best, and great to hear the crowd getting into the game at last.

Long way to go but 3 straight league wins is huge right now.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as nice as 5th in the league and winning at arsenal is, it's just another 3 points toward the 40, i'm quite confident we'll stay up, but until we get to 40 there'll be more than an element of worry

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen the Glens play before - went with my mate from Belfast a few years ago. That was some goal!

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen the Glens play before - went with my mate from Belfast a few years ago. That was some goal!

It was mentioned on a match i was watching on Sky last night Newry City v Portadown - i was waiting for Sevilla v Valencia and should have stuck with the Irish game ;)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching Villa Reserves play ManU - they are doing OK considering....but I think once ManU score it will be game over....Villa's only striker is a less than fit Agbonlahor.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what do I know? 1-0 Villa, deservedly so - they have been all over ManU last 15 minutes or so.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kapow! 2-0 Villa - great 2nd goal. It is now official - I know NOTHING about football!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great game - 2-2 - Villa deserved the win....but hard to take it away from ManU, how often they come back from the dead late on.

Now it's time for a quick shower before ManC - Birmingham (live), then Stoke - Liverpool (live).....gonna be a rough day!