Ongoing Soccer Thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope John Henry et all saw the games v Wigan and Stoke, because we need about 6 new players - the ones we have are nowhere near good enough. No heart and no fight, to say nothing of too little talent. From the highs v Chelsea when we played good football with lots of passion and a decent amount of skill, to the last 2 games, with insufficient skill and too little heart.

Players to keep:

Reina
Kuyt
Gerrard
Torres

Carra is all heart but not top class and is now getting on
Skrtel/Kyriagos - average at best
Konchesky - give me a break
Lucas - will never realise his potential
Babel - same as Lucas x 1000
Ngog - tries but nowhere near good enough
Meireles - jury is still out
Maxi - about the same but running out of patience
Jovanovic - no
Poulsen - no
Shelvey - Hell, no

Young Kelly looked ok in his first game last week - we will see. Might be time to give the kids a chance....

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope John Henry et all saw the games v Wigan and Stoke, because we need about 6 new players - the ones we have are nowhere near good enough. No heart and no fight, to say nothing of too little talent. From the highs v Chelsea when we played good football with lots of passion and a decent amount of skill, to the last 2 games, with insufficient skill and too little heart.

Players to keep:

Reina
Kuyt
Gerrard
Torres

Carra is all heart but not top class and is now getting on
Skrtel/Kyriagos - average at best
Konchesky - give me a break
Lucas - will never realise his potential
Babel - same as Lucas x 1000
Ngog - tries but nowhere near good enough
Meireles - jury is still out
Maxi - about the same but running out of patience
Jovanovic - no
Poulsen - no
Shelvey - Hell, no

Young Kelly looked ok in his first game last week - we will see. Might be time to give the kids a chance....
I agree the team needs rebuilding but disagree with some assessments of players.

These 3 are world beaters.
Reina
Torres
Gerrard

Keepers.
Agger
Kuyt
Aqualiani (Has been amazing for Juventus this season,mistake to loan him)
Meireles.
Johnson

Future players
Pacheco
Kelly
Shelvey (still only 18 so I dont get why u put hell no on him)
Insua(Has been doing great out on loan and was ok last season, loaning him out and replacing him with a medicore 29 year old for 5M+two reserve players has to be one of the worst transfer in years. Insua has a future at Liverpool assuming he is willing to sign a new contract)
Ngog(Still only 20 and is the top scorer this season, changed the game big time against Bolton and I think he deserves a break)
Wilson

Squad players(some of these will have to be sold others given a smaller role)
Lucas (Gets alot of unfair criticism but still isnt good enough to start,yet.
Aurelio (best leftback at Liverpool, to bad he is maked of glass, his set pieces would have really helped so far this season. There is a reason Rafa offered him a pay as you play deal, guess Roy didnt figure that out).
Jovanovic(has provent him self yet but its not like he has been given a lot of chances).
Maxi(Been poor but shown signs of improvements lately, needs to step it up).
Cole (has been poor but is probably still settling, still hope he can do what he did at Chelsea a few season ago).
Carragher(Age,says it all really. Is getting slow and should be given a smaller role).
Skrtl(Can be great, can look like Titus Bramble, a enigma)
Kyrgiakos(Reminds me of Hyypia only not as good, atleast he is always a danger in the air. One of the few players that hasnt been poor this season)

Need to be sold:
Poulsen-Seriously? He did a the dirty work for Schalke at the start of the century but apart from one good season at Sevila(his first there) he has been crap, Momo Sissoko kept him out of the Juventus team and he is the man to replace the Argentinan captain? Seriously?
Babel-So much potential, so little results. Im sure he will do great for another club but it wont be Liverpool and it wont be under Roy.
Konchesky- Oh dear...

Need to sign some wingers and strikers.
Im really scared that if Hodgson will be given money to spend he will bring in crap like Carlton Cole,SWP,David Bentley or Bobby Zamora.

Afellay,Toivonen and Turan would be a dream though..

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need to sign some wingers and strikers.
Wingers, yes. Strikers... well, someone to fill in when Torres is on the shelf. Hard to get a top striker willing to sit on the bench most of the time, though.

But they do need someone (or two) to get the ball to Torres. Will be interesting to see what Hodgson does in January...

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wingers, yes. Strikers... well, someone to fill in when Torres is on the shelf. Hard to get a top striker willing to sit on the bench most of the time, though.

But they do need someone (or two) to get the ball to Torres. Will be interesting to see what Hodgson does in January...

Haha you'll probably get Danny Murphy back

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put a Hell no on Shelvey cos I saw Robbie Fowler play at 18 and Michael Owen play at 17 - Shelvey is average at best. We don't need average. Macheda scored the goal to beat Villa at 17. He scored another cracker today. He is a fringe player at Man U. That is our standard - that is what our standard has always been - it is what our standard needs to be now. Look at Chelsea's fringe players. Look at City's fringe players. We have 4 players you could call world class - that is all. We need 6-7, plus another 10 really good players at least. Some of the ones mentioned could be those really good players - maybe.

How many of our players would get into Chelsea, ManU, City or Arsenal's first teams tomorrow? 3-4. THAT is what our measure has to be.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone playing FM2011? I dunno whether to buy it now or wait for a while seeing as FM is usually a bug-ridden sack of poo until the Christmas-time patch.

Also lol at Man City. Sack Mark Hughes for drawing too many games, get in Mancini for probably 5 times his wage, spend £200m, continue to draw every game and bore the nation to tears in the process. They should have just stayed in the Championship/League One, at least they were interesting then.

I'd laugh at Liverpool too but it's getting a bit old and repetitive now. Konchesky is the worst player I think I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

e: oh yeah jay bothroyd in england squad ahaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone playing FM2011? I dunno whether to buy it now or wait for a while seeing as FM is usually a bug-ridden sack of poo until the Christmas-time patch.

Nah sticking with '10 for a while yet, '11 has nothing that makes it an 'omg need to have right now' purchase. Although I am enjoying my '10 saves so maybe I'm a bit biased

Also lol at Man City. Sack Mark Hughes for drawing too many games, get in Mancini for probably 5 times his wage, spend £200m, continue to draw every game and bore the nation to tears in the process. They should have just stayed in the Championship/League One, at least they were interesting then.

Yeah Tevez off for Barry was one of the most ridiculous managerial decisions I've ever seen. Was only half watching MOTD but I think Platt was saying Tevez was carrying a knock? Still, bringing on a CM for a striker when you're 0-0 at home to Brum is hilarious

I'd laugh at Liverpool too but it's getting a bit old and repetitive now. Konchesky is the worst player I think I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

e: oh yeah jay bothroyd in england squad ahaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

Konchesky is on another planet compared to Maxi

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can't, if I try it out I'll get so hooked my poker time, or anything else I do with my free time, would suffer. Why does this game have to be so good and addictive?

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunderland making Chelsea look VERY ordinary as HT approaches!!

And as I type that Sunderland go 1-0 up....deservedly so.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Konchesky is on another planet compared to Maxi
yeah Maxi has been poor since arriving but he has the edge over Konchesky since he has actually played top class football in his carrier, where as Konchesky has spend his carrier as a mid table journey man...

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone tell me how Carroll does not start against france? If Capello starts Crouch over him in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 I will lol

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunderland making Chelsea look VERY ordinary as HT approaches!!

And as I type that Sunderland go 1-0 up....deservedly so.

Ashley Coles pass for the third goal was perfection lol :rofl:

FM 2011 is playing pretty well so far, i don't think there are too many changes to the previous one, more of little additions....private chats with players and dealing with agents etc.

Still the best imo though :)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carroll to start v France, booya

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Carroll to start v France, booya

Would love to see him bully their defenders and knock a couple of goals in.

In reality he'll probably get no service, go off at half time and be injured for 3 months.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would love to see him bully their defenders and knock a couple of goals in.

In reality he'll probably get no service, go off at half time and be injured for 3 months.

Yeah not gonna lie, when it was looking like he'd have to be pulled out of the squad I was quite please. Would like him to be wrapped in cotton wool lol

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if hattrick is essentially about the management of a football team yeah i assume they're relatively similar

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's plenty of International Friendly games to bet on today.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
portugal just humiliated the world and european champions:

Portugal 4-0 Spain

Good to see we're back! :D

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a crazy season. Liverpool for all they have been and are so very poor - are 9 points off the top of the table - and 5 points clear of the relegation zone!

Chelsea 3 losses in 4 games with ONE goal scored in those games - they were scoring goals for fun in the first few games - what was it, 17 in 4 games? Spurs 2-0 down at Arsenal and win 3-2 playing great 2nd half.

Bolton! In 4th place, stuffing Newcastle 5-1! Stoke - 3 straight wins....it goes on and on. I hope it stays this way all season.