Sensible soccer>megaman soccer

that's right

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hull playing inform Wigan with Brown at 7/2 could be good value...

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great result for Everton tonight. To turn around a 1 - 0 deficit in poor conditions in Eastern Europe is a awesome result. Seems to be a good night for U.k. Clubs.

european midweeks are so dull - the best part of the week by far from a football perspective was the headline on f365 "Everton master BATE".

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We won!!!!!!!! :party:

Wolves 0 - 1 Pompey

Dominated the first half but the second was a lot more nervy and with some help from poor refereeing & linesmanning (word? :))

But so what, it's about time we got some luck :top:

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam the man utd game was a good one,was hoping sunderland win...
and hope chelsea win tomorrow !!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Wolves 0 - 1 Pompey

Dominated the first half but the second was a lot more nervy and with some help from poor refereeing & linesmanning (word? :))

congrats Ian on Pompey's success, let's hope they get many more points (like Torquay hopefully!)

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Wolves 0 - 1 Pompey

I am happy for you to finally get 3 points. Now liet's get your players paid and it's good to go. I am really happy to get a point from Bolton ( Away ) I hate Gary Megson and that team!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had a thing for Liverpool after being a fan of their's in my teenage years, but this season's started like they're really not gonna accomplish much trophy/league-wise, I hope Im wrong.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CHELSEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!we totally owned u guys :p this season ours!!

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CHELSEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!we totally owned u guys :p this season ours!!

Someone clearly didnt watch the game, as is usually the case in this type of game the result was determined by 1 mistake, other than that the 2 sides were very equal and basically cancelled each other out.

I think, depressingly, Utd will win it again, Chelsea will struggle when they lose Essien, Drogba, Kalou and Mikel for most of January.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: we won 2-0 how is that an even game and we canceld each other out..u couldnt get 1 when we got a second so ther wasn't 1 MISTAKE,everyone agrees we better then liverpool at this stage and i doubt united will win it because the already lost C.R. and tevez:) how can u say such rubish (hopefully they'r time over now)..

and i watched last half of arsenal vs blackburn and the whole match between chelsea and liverpool:smile:

and when we loose our players thers always other players :) and we will still own:p

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stand up for Willem 2 Tilburg...
Rofl...

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: we won 2-0 how is that an even game and we canceld each other out..u couldnt get 1 when we got a second so ther wasn't 1 MISTAKE,everyone agrees we better then liverpool at this stage and i doubt united will win it because the already lost C.R. and tevez:) how can u say such rubish (hopefully they'r time over now)..

and i watched last half of arsenal vs blackburn and the whole match between chelsea and liverpool:smile:

and when we loose our players thers always other players :) and we will still own:p

The 2nd goal was a consequence of the 1st.
Were hardly going to be focused on defence when were trying to equalize within the last ten minutes.

The whole point in playing attacking football is to increase the probability of a goal both ways. We had more of our time attacking yet were obviously more vulnerable to counter attacks.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watched monday night football yesterday,was intresting at how they said NO way will liverpool win the league with CHELSEA in top form and ARSENAL too,man utd too will not win again,they lost too many key players..now u may say and try sound like some PRO annalist who played for theyr country 12(england) but i know u have no ****ing clue what u are talking about :) and is that ur excuse for every game ,ok what happend with floientina ??? again 1 mistake???

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ouch :ahhhhh:

Is that the same Twente Enschede top of the table that has Steve 'Wally with the Brolly' McLaren as coach :eek:

Pompey news - new owners, as of yesterday Ali Al Faraj (Saudi billionaire) bought 90% of Pompey off of Suliman Al Fahim (Dubai pauper)

It took just a couple of days compared to the 3 months of torture of this summer :rolleyes:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watched monday night football yesterday,was intresting at how they said NO way will liverpool win the league with CHELSEA in top form and ARSENAL too,man utd too will not win again,they lost too many key players..now u may say and try sound like some PRO annalist who played for theyr country 12(england) but i know u have no ****ing clue what u are talking about :) and is that ur excuse for every game ,ok what happend with floientina ??? again 1 mistake???
Wtf are u trying to argue about?
No one was saying liverpool would win the league or said anything about the Fiorentina game.
They where just saying that the LFC-CFC game was even the entier match and was simply decited on the fact that Chelsea where more clinical infront of goal, witch imo is a fair assesment of the match.
But obvs. if u feel the need to be a douch for no aperant reason go right ahead...

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not trying to be a douche i said what i think and some1 criticized about my point of view...im just happy chelsea(yes the team that no1 else here supports :/ and anyone else i know ,they all man utd) and chelsea been so close but yet so far im just happy they having a dream start (except the lose) we haven't won it for a loooong time now just being happy we winning while it lasts

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh well BS............. I mean Black Sun ( Black Sun-BS, same thing right?) As usual you are more hope and prayers than you are reality check.
It's too much work trying to quote you in recent times as you tend to slip up with every post. But anyway, you stated not so long ago in defence of Liverpool, and more to the point, Gerrard playing alongside Torres, that they only played 15 games together last season ( which is incorrect btw )

With 3 defeats from only 8 games so far this season in the prem, and the terrible two playing alongside each other, what would you now say about their apparent partnership?
If you include Europe, that's 4 defeats from 10 games. Can you quote to me how many times Gerrard and Torres played in the same game from those 10 games? I think you will find they are nearing last seasons total of 15 ( which is incorrect btw ) already.

You also stated that players like Ryan Giggs were well past their sell by date and almost worthless apart from the "odd" display. Adding to that you said that Wayne Rooney had little or no chance of hitting 20 plus goals this season. While I am well aware that the season is still young, I wanted to know what your thoughts were on things so far regarding your pre-season predictions?

I must say, if you knew half as much about Liverpool, as you apparently know about Man Utd, you would actually know a few things about your own team. Like many others, you fall into the trap of being more interested in the enemy than the team you follow. Anyway, do you have anything to say about your pre-season comments, compared to post season actualities?

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much as i hate posting in a thread with soccer in the title I will give a few thoughts.

Chelsea are grinding results, been lucky with late winners earlier in season but are disciplined, as long as they avoid injuries, they are favourites.

Liverpool don't seem to have any consistancy at the moment, you are never sure which team is turning up. They actually need to go back to Benitez's original tactics are playing for a draw at minimum and trying to sneak the win.

Man Utd always traditionally start slow but this season I'm not sure they can up the gears enough.

Arsenal, scoring plenty but leaking as well, very vunerable to injuries, especially in defence.

Manchester City are the dark horses, only 1 loss and 1 draw, are doing far better than I expected.

Spurs, Villa and Everton I don't feel have enough to challenge over complete season but i could be wrong.

All in all, this could be the most interesting season since 79 when top 3 were separated by 4 points.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think Florentina had the beating of us better than Chelsea did.
You can't judge whether a game is one sided or not solely by the score.
I dunno what these pro analist's your talking about are but I aint into that mate. Sounds like something which goes on in the Chelsea locker rooms if u ask me.

Uze played better than us on the day if that's what your lookin for me to say. Normally I'd just chant a few songs at u and lash a pint at u but I aint drunk and am on the fookin internets so save the banter for the pub :p

I aint an expert analyist. My knowledge aint that deep on the game but it doesnt stop me commenting on whether I think a match was close or not and I don't recall saying anything way off base.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make some valid points Ranny. A good indication as to where the "top 4" presently stand at this point in time with 8 games played lends a lot to the first 8 fixtures each team has played so far.

Arsenal by all accounts have had the roughest ride so far, with mainly tough fixtures and mostly away from home so far. They have rode the storm well imo, and are right amongst it. Leaking goals yes, but popping plenty at the other end.

If you look at Chelsea, their first 8 fixtures have been ideal for a team looking to establish a new system under a new manager. On paper mostly weak opposition for their first 6 games. Ideal for a bedding in period whilst still registering decent points.

Man Utd up until the Sunderland fixture, posted one of their best starting seasons for many a year, and this is a team/club that have lost the talents of Ronaldo - Tevez. Also what a lot of people dont realise, is that last season, Man Utd, posted their lowest "goals scored" ratio since the birth of the premiership, yet were still crowned champions.

This was a team that included Ronaldo and Tevez who are now gone from the club. The 2 names always mentioned when talking about what Utd now miss. Where are all the goals going to come from now etc. Two seasons ago Ronaldo was the absolute business scoring 40+ goals. Tevez was doing his bit, scoring goals when it mattered. Last season it was different yet Utd still prevailed.
Now they are without these two giants yet continue to do what they have always done best in recent years............... get results.

Liverpool, hmmm, ughhhh, dohhhh who knows with them anymore. I feel that last season, they punched well above their weight by a long stretch and rode their luck and almost made it. I think they will struggle for a top 4 this season. So then we have the party poopers, Spurs, Man City, Aston Villa and maybe Everton etc. I feel that any one of those clubs can take a top 4 spot at the expense of Liverpool, but I guess time will tell.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well guess we have to wait and see :p
but hope chelsea win it and keep the form good...
but man utd also usually come back late in games :)
comment again on the weekend after the games :)

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the internationals, right?

Ukraine away for England on saturday, if we had not already qualified I would have said that this could prove a difficult game, Ukraine are a decent side, well organised and hard to break down although I do believe they have regressed since WC2006. They made us work for the points at home and they will do the same again but with the pressure being taken off since qualification I feel we should win this, hopefully we can breeze through our final games scoring plenty of goals to keep the momentum going up to the world cup.

Gabby has been called up after his recent run of good form, Heskey still manages to get in the squad when he thankfully can't get into the Villa team surely bent would be a better option. Milner gets called up aswell but no Young who frankly does'nt deserve to, he hasnt made the greatest start although hes still young I would hope he would really push on this season and try and force his way into the England squad for the world cup, theres still a lot of football left for him to hit form in.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ukrain can be a suprise but i think england will win it but not by a mile,close game...nah not that im talking about russia vs germany :D im originally russian :p
so hope we beat the germans on home soil :p
and i can watch WC too i live in south africa now :)