Ongoing Soccer Thread

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He says he left [after 1 game & 29 days] because he wants to play for a club that would help him get into the England World Cup squad :rofl:

1 - he didnt get picked for England even when we (Pompey) we're winning the FA Cup with him.
2 - How long did he take to realise what division Notts Co are in :confused:

3 - premiership teams are obviously going to be amazingly excited at the prospect of signing an old guy who can't even hack it in league one and still wants 50k a week.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like this thread is more about UK soccer than soccer. :(
I for myself try to don't miss a game from Barcelona. No other football team give me such thrills.
Yesterday's game, vs Xeres i think, was 5-2 with 2 goals from the Messiah Messi, plus 1 from Ibra (whom scored every games it seems in Liga). I feel like this year again, it's gonna be tuff for every team facing F.C.B and that makes me happy. For once, attractive football is also the winning one. ;)

Barça, Barça, Barça

:party:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like this thread is more about UK soccer than soccer. :( (snip)

I don't mind talking about the Premiership from time to time - my focus is more on the Bundesliga though (well I'm german I guess).

Once the Champions League really gets interesting (group phase 2) you'll see more talking about barca and bayern, too.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about my Spurs Winning tonight in the League Cup 5 - 1! It's not much but it's something for me to cheer about. Crouchinho with the back heeled hat-trick! What a good day for me. Not I just have to wait and get to play again with you guys.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(well I'm german I guess).

Don't you have a label that you can check? You know, Size L/Nationality German - that kind of thing?

How about my Spurs Winning tonight in the League Cup 5 - 1! It's not much but it's something for me to cheer about. Crouchinho with the back heeled hat-trick! What a good day for me. Not I just have to wait and get to play again with you guys.

Welcome! A Spurs fan from San Antonio - it's like double vision??? (for the unaware, the BIG team in San Antonio is the San Antonio SPURS - one of basketball's biggest teams.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There fixed that for you.

Drop Carra? Blasphemy - HE IS LIVERPOOL

+1

So, there is a friend I have made here who is English and a ManU fan - but still a nice bloke, if you can believe that apparent contradiction.:D

No I can't tbh, I reckon he's a huge twat!

Meanwhile - try getting this going next time you're at a game>>>>

YouTube - Human LCD : Close Up Video

Only the chinese are that disciplined to pull that off :eek:

As for the bit about Gerrard and Torres being out and us being screwed, we played 15 times in the PL last year with those 2 in the team at the same time, funny we still managed to run Utd close, imagine what would have happened had we had them fit all season.

+5555

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you have a label that you can check? You know, Size L/Nationality German - that kind of thing?

(snip)

It's confusing....
...just checked the label of my underpants: XL / made in germany.

But I know I was made in South-Africa and am dragging one "XXL"
:D:joyman::D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pompey rejects lol :D

Barcelona are by far the best team around at the moment imo and im always glad to see them play, as for Real Madrid, pah, nothing but a bunch of kicking robots ;) :D

mistuhandy

mistuhandy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in the US but I like Manchester United "The Red Devils"

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pompey must have had 70% plus possesion 3 great chances and lose to a single counter attack first half goal - siiiiiiiigh :(

Outplayed, outpassed, out-tackled & out fought them - they just outscored us.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for my thoughts on blues today, see my post i made after the villa game, specifically the stuff about being overly negative against crap opposition.

pompey, hull and blues will go down, probably in that order.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pompey have to be the unluckiest side in the PRM atm.
They so deserved a win or atleast a draw had some great chances but Howard(or the crossbar) just keeped frustrating them.
I honestly dont think Pompey are the the weakest team in the league, with a litle luck they would have 6-7 points imo.

Torres is sick, Hull suck.
/thread

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't see any games today but saw the results. Shocker for Chelsea, sad for Pompey...rest was pretty much as expected. Birmingham, Burnley & Wolves can survive, but they have to pick up every point possible all season. Birmingham losing back-to-back home games to late goals is not good, but think they are good enough to do better.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pompey must have had 70% plus possesion 3 great chances and lose to a single counter attack first half goal - siiiiiiiigh :(

Outplayed, outpassed, out-tackled & out fought them - they just outscored us.

It doesn't look good for you.. Bottom of the League with 7 games played is a bad place. I hope things get better for you but man .. I watched some of the game before going to school and .. Tim Howard was immense in between the sticks. Good Luck.

But MY SPURS scored 5 with Robbie Keane scoring 4! YAY!

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool are 2-0 down away to Fiorentina at the moment, shocked with this one, I watch a lot of serie A and as good a side Fio are they have'nt got he overall quality of Liverpool, Jovetic scores both the goals for them not really much of name over here but he has looked impressive everytime i've seen him in Serie A, defiently a player with big potential, to think he's the same age as me lol. Another poor European result for Inter aswell they never seem to be able to perform on the european stage regardless of manager, I think hector cuper took them the furthest theyve been in a long time but he proved to be fairly unpopular there due to his negative tactics.

** well its over now 2-0 Forza Viola!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, lousy first half display. Second half was better but too little too late. Looks like we'll have to fight for this qualification as well - just as in most years!

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, lousy first half display. Second half was better but too little too late. Looks like we'll have to fight for this qualification as well - just as in most years!

Typical Liverpool in the Champions League. I just watched the highlight show and watched the match. I think Torres is playing WAY TOO MUCH. I know they ( Liverpool ) have more than one striker. Babel, N'gog and Vorion I think.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool will still qualify 1st, I'd be very suprised if they failed to proceed to the knockout phase. I think the race between Fiorentina and Lyon will be interesting and the game at the Artemio Franchi will be very crucial as tbh I'm ruiling out Lyon beating Liverpool, they may gain a point at home so it will really come down to the game in Florence. There is a couple of good games in prospect tonight, Atletico-Porto and Man United-Wolfsburg are worth keeping and eye but I think the standout game has to be Juventus-Bayern, I don't know why this isn't on Sky Sports I think its quite an appealing game tbh.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a poor performance by us (Liverpool) but it should also be noted Fiorentina arent as poor in Europe as some would have U believe. Utd, Everton and Arse have all failed to score at their place and 2 of them lost 2-0 there too so they have a good record against English teams.
I still think Liverpool will get thru but as usual we are making hard work of it.
As for Torres playing too much, well he usually gets taken off after 60-70 mins so rarely does a full 90 mins and was rested last week against Leeds so I don't think thats an issue, Carra on the other hand needs a rest IMO he's been poor so far this season and is making many more mistakes than usual and at 31 is now the old man of the team.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man im pretty disappointed with last nights games, well I decided to watch Bayern Juve on a stream it wasnt a bad game just lacked a goal, was hoping Del Piero would start this one. I'm in awe of Ribery though, if he had scored his chip after dribbling between two defenders it would have went down as one of the best champions league goals ever. Might watch Valencia Genoa tonight, genoa usually entertain havent seen valencia this season either.

Aud300

Aud300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great result for Everton tonight. To turn around a 1 - 0 deficit in poor conditions in Eastern Europe is a awesome result. Seems to be a good night for U.k. Clubs.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<3 arshavin's goal <3 <3 <3 :heart: :heart: :spade:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there something going on in the world of footy & dodgy transfer dealing???

One rumour is that his signing of Amdy Faye (years ago) is to blame (shame :rofl:)

Attachments

• Harry 2 go.jpg
    Harry 2 go.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15