Ongoing Soccer Thread

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i was sitting next to whoever the idiot with the bells is at fratton park i would have killed him by now.

Pompey fans know who he is and you're either with his gang or not ;)

*he has the trumpet as well

** the bell ringing actually is similar to the sounds you hear when the tide is out around the harbours here, so its not too bad :)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we gave him some shit when we went down to pompey and he stopped :)!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah ****ing brilliant villa up and man city win but ****ing shit everton 1-0 down after the hour!! fml 8/10 it looks like two weeks in a row!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on cue ****ing ship it 1-1 cmon please 1x you toffee pricks!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL! Internet cut out for like 15 mins, didn't see that Everton had a penno lol 2-1 and villa 2-0 up 65mins gone!

1x for 9/10 for footy pools please!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ship 9/10 for footy pools lucky 9 and 10 pays!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know it depends on how many get 9 or 10 aswell looking through past results it could be between £40 - 1.3k lol plus this week was a 45k jackpot rollover I will be happy with 200+ tbh but £40 would be fine.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bayern pay 24 M € to buy Robben last week - first game he scores twice.

Bayern wins agains champion Wolfsburg 3:0.

Very nice - I thought B. Munich had problems in the defense - but if they score more than the oppenents it's ok with me.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Newcastle fans about Bellamy:
Do not give cell info, drunken texter.

West Ham fans about Bellamy:
MIA.

City fans:
Lousy bench warmer.

Anything else?

I don't like him much either :p

Thought we [Pompey] maybe deserved at least a point today, considering we are "the team everyone wants to play against" and Man City are buying everyone in sight.

How many shots did City have? for all their strikers they looked pretty goal shy.

If only Nugent would realise the big netted area is where he should try and kick the ball not 10 miles over (as last week) or volley it into the turf (as today).

Need a creative midfielder and a decent striker, a defender or two would be nice too lol.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With all the players you have sold since 'Arry left you should be able to afford a few new faces?

It's a real shame - Pompey have had a great team for a few years but look to be in trouble.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought they were going to scoop new players since being taken over?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
transfer deadline is like today so they'll have to be quick about it. :eek:

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah martin oneill said that he would have some news for us today so waiting to see what that is!

Also Distin played a stormer today IMO!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With all the players you have sold since 'Arry left you should be able to afford a few new faces?

It's a real shame - Pompey have had a great team for a few years but look to be in trouble.

All the money he spent in wages and contract bonuses have left the club crippled in debt - hence the sales.

A new owner in place now though, a few journeymen buys in on Friday, maybe buy a few prayers as well lol :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow.
Fifa really showing who the boss is.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5535793,00.html

I guess Chelsea should be fine this season so losing the Jan window prolly wont hurt there title bid to much(barring injurys) but next season could be horrible for them.

In the Jan 2011 window all the best players will have moved during the previous summer window and the players they can sign will all be cup/europe tied.

And if Real/City make some massive offers for the likes of Terry,Drogba,Lampard,Essien ect next Jan and any of them has a min fee release clause in there contract they would be screwed with out a replacement!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chelski = lol

They can re sign players though, terry signed a 5 year new deal like the other week anyway. I dont think it will hurt them that bad because they have a sick squad.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they do have a sick squad but they also have a old squad.
Deco,Ballack,Anelka,Belletti,Drogba,Lampard are all 30+.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Add to that Ferreira, Hilario and Carvalho too. All over 30 now
By the time that ban comes up Terry, A.Cole and Malouda will all be 30, I think Chelsea need to win the league this year else this squad could be done.
The likes of Essien may well feel a new challenge for the likes of Madrid maybe too tempting when his current team gets too old and Abramovich seems to have decided to stop playing fantasy football.
With the higher tax level coming in next year it will be harder for English sides to convince top European players to come here and just as hard to persuade the current ones to stay.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a good chance the sanction will be reduced to one transfer window on appeal. If that's the case, it's not a big problem for them. Saying that, the African nations cup kicks off in January and Chelsea might of wanted to do some business by way of loans etc during that time to cover for those overseas. At the end of the day though, they breached rules, and so did the player contractually. No club/player should be allowed to do that without recourse so I guess it's a fair punishment really.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the African nations cup kicks off in January

this is pretty much the only thing right now that's stopping me from throwing lots of money on chelsea to win the league (well, this and potential injuries). they lose two key players (Drogba, Essien) and a couple of fringe players (Kalou, Mikel although i dunno if he even plays for nigeria lole) for a while. A badly-timed injury or two at that time coupled with a good run in the cup for the relevant countries and they could be playing with a horribly depleted squad for the best part of a month.

nobody else in the 'big 4' really loses anyone key that i can think of to the african nations.

agree that the two-window thingy will be cut to one on appeal. also if fifa think chelsea are the only ones guilty of this sort of thing then they're idiots (hi man u and real madrid among many others).