Ongoing Soccer Thread

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spurs for top 4 imo.

their form after redknapp took over would have put them in the top 4 if they'd not been so crap at the start of last season iirc.

A bad day for the East Side of London if that happens. Still you talk to any Spurs fan and they always talk a good game and believe they are a top four team even if their results disprove it. I guess we'll have to wait for Harry's dodgy transfers to come to light for some entertainment there - they invariably do.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Man U, they definately won't miss Ronaldo

Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool top 4 at end of season ldo

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
awful game (blues/pompey), but 3 pts is 3 pts \o/

Congrats on the first win Chris! As you say, a win is a win - and every point will count.

spurs for top 4 imo.

their form after redknapp took over would have put them in the top 4 if they'd not been so crap at the start of last season iirc.

Yep - I think I was the only one to predict Spurs in the top 4 when we made our predictions - so far so good!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re: david james whining about it not being a penalty.

here's a thought - if you hadn't come careering off your line like a hyperactive little baby to challenge for a ball that wasn't even remotely threatening then there would be no need for any discussion lole.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
re: david james whining about it not being a penalty.

here's a thought - if you hadn't come careering off your line like a hyperactive little baby to challenge for a ball that wasn't even remotely threatening then there would be no need for any discussion lole.

Penalty my arse! :bootyshak

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lescott dropped and Everton win 4-0. Is there any chance Lescott will stay at Everton?

Loss for Villa but they should be able to turn it around.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with jurn his career at Everton is over, Moyes will have to bite the bullet take city's 20+ million and find another bargain or 2 like hes done so well in the past.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's the problem they cant let go of him. Let go and spend the $$$ bills!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Galles with the new goal of the season. The perfected 'kick it into your own face' routine

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he has a habit of scoring comedy goals.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I normally watch football on Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) - they show a live game Saturday at 10 a.m. (3 p.m. UK), and another at 12.30 p.m. (5.30 UK). They then show another full game - but not live. They show another live game at 11 on Sunday (the 4 p.m. game). In addition they show highlights etc.

Now, after Setanta's troubles, ESPN2 is also showing games. So, this weekend, there will be the following full games on TV.

10.00 a.m. Saturday ManU v Wigan (live) ESPN2
10.00 a.m. Saturday ManC v Wolves (live) FSC
5.00 p.m. Saturday Hull v Bolton (delayed) FSC
11.00 a.m. Sunday Fulham v Chelsea (live) FSC
6.00 p.m. Sunday Burnley v Everton (delayed) FSC
3.00 p.m. Monday Liverpool v Villa (live) ESPN2

That makes me happy!

Anyway, watching the games earlier - Man City looked dodgy against Wolves who plyed very well 2nd half and deserved a goal at least. City looked like a team of good players who didn't know each other yet, and looked iffy at the back when Wolves attacked them. City have Arsenal and ManU in the next 3 weeks - those will be tough games for them I think.

ManU missed chances against Wigan who then made chances of their own - but collapsed 2nd half after ManU went ahead. ManU played well and deserved the win - but 5-0 was a bit flattering!

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I normally watch football on Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) - they show a live game Saturday at 10 a.m. (3 p.m. UK), and another at 12.30 p.m. (5.30 UK). They then show another full game - but not live. They show another live game at 11 on Sunday (the 4 p.m. game). In addition they show highlights etc.

Now, after Setanta's troubles, ESPN2 is also showing games. So, this weekend, there will be the following full games on TV.

That makes me happy
kudos to espn2:cool::cool::cool:

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The joke is Geesh U get better coverage there than we do here and its our league, I noticed that when I was over in Feb/March

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at defence-splitting pass from carlton cole for defoe to score.

Az__Avfc

Az__Avfc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bad day for the East Side of London if that happens. Still you talk to any Spurs fan and they always talk a good game and believe they are a top four team even if their results disprove it. I guess we'll have to wait for Harry's dodgy transfers to come to light for some entertainment there - they invariably do.

Tbf most spurs fans ive spoke to are realistic about there teams chances, its more of a media thing I feel. They arent good enough for the top four. A few wins and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Fair play to Burnley another win against another top side today. And finally Mr. O'neill buy some f***** centre backs already!!!!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spurs have a solid team IMO. They were great after 'Arry joined them last year (when they were last). So far this year, wins against Liverpool at home and Hull and West Ham away are good wins. Arsenal are stronger than I thought they'd be, but Mean City aren't yet a team. I'd bet on
Spurs in the top 5, and they have a decent chance at top 4.

Everton deserved a draw at Burnley, but now both ManU and Everton have missed pens against Burnley!

Chelsea strong again. Interesting so far.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Burnley for the Premiership win!
That is all.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crowd trouble at west ham v millwall, in other news a mysterious bear reveals his habit of pooping in the woods.