Ongoing Soccer Thread

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv you guys haven't seen the tweet from the boy before the game. He tweeted that he had been called up for time wasting. They were given orders to time waste.

Terrible sportsmanship and Swansea should be punished. The ball boy just got what he deserved.
Every single club does this. Is just like Stoke and there towels.
Teams get fined all the time for slow ball boys but they do it any way for an edge, no excuse for Hazard to kick him though.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BBU3fn3CUAEbmZb.jpg

There seems very little sympathy for him on the web - but then also Hazard was a complete idiot for even going near him.

The keeper would have used up some time, the ref would have added some on and Chelsea would have still lost. :rolleyes:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv you guys haven't seen the tweet from the boy before the game. He tweeted that he had been called up for time wasting. They were given orders to time waste.

Terrible sportsmanship and Swansea should be punished. The ball boy just got what he deserved.

no he got called up because some other ball boy couldnt make it because of the snow if you actually read all his relevant tweets instead of reading just what suits your ridiculous conspiracy maybe you'd have noticed.

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had worse injuries at the poker table.
Oh, leave him alone. The kid's just practicing for his future pro career. It doesn't come natural to fake an injury when the gust of wind from a passing opponent hits you square in the face, you know.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
advert for Specsavers made me lol today >

Attachments

• specsavers.jpg
    specsavers.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 66
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
African Cup of Nations streaker gets a little caught up in the net >>

1359143190771.gif

And we can always rely on Thailands news to cover the stories that matters>>

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Little bugger deserved it, we are to soft, when I was 17 you got out of line the cops kicked your arse nobody complained.
If that had been the NFL the ball boy would have scored the extra point wrapped around the ball

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I think it'd be an even bigger media frenzy over here!

I think what the ball boy did is terrible, but what Hazard did was stupid. If he'd done that to a player on the pitch he'd be taking a chance of getting a red.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This FA Cup 4th round shows why this is still the best competition in the world. QPR and Norwich might not agree this morning, but their losses - one to a non-league team, and the struggles of Atsenal and Chelsea - arguably 2 of the top 4 teams in England - against lower league opposition is great! Any 11 players against 11 "superstars" and the games are so tight, fought to the death.

Now Leeds lead Spurs....love it!

Until we have to suffer at the hands of Oldham Athletic in about 2 hours, that is.... :)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This FA Cup 4th round shows why this is still the best competition in the world. QPR and Norwich might not agree this morning, but their losses - one to a non-league team, and the struggles of Atsenal and Chelsea - arguably 2 of the top 4 teams in England - against lower league opposition is great! Any 11 players against 11 "superstars" and the games are so tight, fought to the death.

Now Leeds lead Spurs....love it!

Until we have to suffer at the hands of Oldham Athletic in about 2 hours, that is.... :)

We all like an upset, but loving Leeds leading? Just no

Last edited:
Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Well, yeah - you do have a point! Let me correct myself - I do NOT want Leeds to win, ever, against anyone.

Unfortunately, as I type, they just scored their 2nd goal - and a good one at that....

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, Leeds won and now it's Oldham 1-0 up on Liverpool!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, Leeds won and now it's Oldham 1-0 up on Liverpool!

as well as Luton beat Norwich, MK Dons beat QPR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:, and Brentford almost done for Chelsea.

Been a funny old weekend :icon_scra

*eek Oldham 3-1 up now :eek:

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have just realised why my Portsmouth side cant win any games - MK Dons (beat Premiership QPR), Brentford (almost beat Premiership Chelsea), Oldham (winning against Premiership Liverpool)

How are we supposed to win games against teams who beat Premiership sides? :confused: :D :rolleyes:

#any excuse will do now ;)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rodgers needs his arse kicking. Robinson? Coates? Really? Going to be that easy is it? Bye bye the last chance of silverware this season. Idiot.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rodgers rapidly ordering more envelopes

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leeds where always a scummy club but with Warnock as manager and Diouf as the star striker you just want to set them on fire.

Rodgers needs his arse kicking. Robinson? Coates? Really? Going to be that easy is it? Bye bye the last chance of silverware this season. Idiot.
Robinson and Coates where both poor but not the reason for the lose imo.
The game was lost in midfield, I just dont understand why the hell you would play 4213 with Suarez in the hole and Henderson and Allen holding.
Makes no sense against a team that just blasts a high ball forward, sure Liverpool managed to press there backline but as soon as Oldham send a long ball forward it didnt matter if Skrtle or Coates won it because Oldham would take every single second ball of Allen/Henderson. Henderson is good at pressing but he isnt good at moping up, Allen is good at distributing the ball but sucks at moping up.
Put Lucas in there for one of them or drop Sterling for any CM and go a straight 433 and it would have been an easy win imo.

Watching the game my first thought was "oh god that midfield will get overrun by a league 2 side", unfortunately proven right...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football, isn't it, hmm.....

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors, or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It's a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father's hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Bobby Robson

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors, or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It's a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father's hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Bobby Robson

That is golden :)

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Bobby Robson

Fantastic. And so 100% true.

Bobby

Yeah, I thought Bobby Robson was awesome too, and about the best manager England has produced bar none in the last 40 years. I remember seeing his Ipswich Town at Liverpool in the 70's - one of many great, attractive football playing teams he produced over the years. With an ounce of luck he wins the World Cup in 1990. Should have been Newcastle manager for 20 years - that is where his heart always was.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the greatest shame that he wasn't. 20 years would have been difficult when he eventually did join us haha, but still should have a few more years with us. He was building a young, exciting team. Unfortunate that some of those players were also exceptionally immature and a large proportion of Newcastle's more vocal supporters are utter morons... Just thinking about the way he was treated (sacked after finishing 5th) still makes me incredibly angry

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry Ian couldn't help but take my top off :eek: