Ongoing Soccer Thread

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Genuinely one of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen in Pirlo. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pirlol.gif

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh well, no-one can say Italy didnt deserve it and it just about summed up Ashley Youngs tournement, pathetic.
I thought England played really well for the first 30 mins but after that there was only one team in it.
We were very lucky to beat Ukraine and our luck ran out tonight, oh well. Apart from the Spain france game this has been the best European Championship I can remember, probably since 1996, most games have been excellent, but there is only one team going to win it now, germany.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fancy the Germans purely because Spain winning three tournaments on the bounce would be obscene and confirm their status as the GOAT

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to admit it but Italy were better team and should of advanced.England can't seem to play as a team:eek:

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fancy the Germans purely because Spain winning three tournaments on the bounce would be obscene and confirm their status as the GOAT

Surely as a poker player you realise winning the last few tournaments doesn't affect the chances of winning this one.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it just about summed up Ashley Young, pathetic

FYP :D

Thought it might go to penalties - should have bet on it :rolleyes:

Oh well they can all come home now and start the transfer merry-go-round :D

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely as a poker player you realise winning the last few tournaments doesn't affect the chances of winning this one.

Well yes, and surely you realise there is considerable variance in knockout football tournaments.

Anyway I was more referring to how incredible an achievement it would be to win three international tournaments on the spin. Doing the World Cup/Euro double doesn't happen very often (as far as I can tell only France and Spain have done it), throwing in another European Championship would be phenomenal

Just reading one of the papers today, and in its player ratings Pirlo gets a 7, the same as Glen Johnson and less than their man of the match John Terry who scored an 8. Trollololol

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh well they can all come home now and start the transfer merry-go-round :D

Using my one time on Cabaye persuading Debuchy to come to Newcastle. Already had one - frankly pathetic - offer of £4m rejected.

S

shaazy712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great game england gave italy a good fight. i was backin them to win because of the so calll commentators give them no chance to win...
great defence by england. but thay throw the game away in the end...

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great game england gave italy a good fight. i was backin them to win because of the so calll commentators give them no chance to win...
great defence by england. but thay throw the game away in the end...

lol, I take it you don't watch football often?

xUnrated

xUnrated

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Decent game going between Spain and portugal right now, rather see spain win today. But a penalty shootout would be fun to watch

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Celebrated far too hard considering I'm not Spanish. Ronaldo's ego just cost them big time, he just so wanted to take the decider and be the hero

pique_cesc_airplane.jpg

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Itay done well to come second last night - Spain were so all over them they could have had both places :D

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spain are reigning senior, u21 and u19 European Champions. Yeah.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was men against boys last night, so one sided it wasnt true. I fancied Italy as well, shows you how much I know about football.
Balotelli's agent was on the radio today saying he is worth £200, well if he is worth that what are Xavi, Iniesta, Silva etc worth????

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was men against boys last night, so one sided it wasnt true. I fancied Italy as well, shows you how much I know about football.
Balotelli's agent was on the radio today saying he is worth £200, well if he is worth that what are Xavi, Iniesta, Silva etc worth????

That much? :eek: :D

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think Balotelli is worth £20m to be honest. Too inconsistent and unpredictable. 1 great game doesn't make a player.