Novak Djokovic is disqualified.

direktor_vozduha

direktor_vozduha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I should have been disqualified. It was an accident, and he immediately apologized. imho

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's the best tennis player in the world,who can hit a ball within inches at a 100mph,,,he knew exactly where he was hitting the ball,why he targeted this woman,who knows? He got what he deserved,and i hope she sues him for millions,,, What a jerk! (Jerkovic? lol)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Apparently there is a rule forbidding this, the punishment is disqualification. Why should the rule not be enforced in this instance?
Exactly, rules are rules, tennis brats deserve to be disqualified, no matter which overprivileged one it is.

:top:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He's the best tennis player in the world,who can hit a ball within inches at a 100mph,,,he knew exactly where he was hitting the ball,why he targeted this woman,who knows? He got what he deserved,and i hope she sues him for millions,,, What a jerk! (Jerkovic? lol)

I have to disagree with you on two points. I don't think Novak Djokovic is the greatest tennis player in the world. While he is currently ranked number one, I believe that Roger Federer is the GOAT. Also I don't think he "targeted" that linesperson or "knew exactly where he was hitting the ball". I don't believe that he was paying any attention to where he was hitting the ball, which is evident by the way he reacted when he did realize where the ball had gone.

Should he have whacked the ball toward the back of the court? Players often knock balls towards the ball boys and girls on the court at the end of service games, but they usually don't whack them with that amount of force. But even though he did whack that ball harder than he should have, I don't think he whacked it any where near hard enough to injure anyone.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I have to disagree with you on two points. I don't think Novak Djokovic is the greatest tennis player in the world. While he is currently ranked number one, I believe that Roger Federer is the GOAT. Also I don't think he "targeted" that linesperson or "knew exactly where he was hitting the ball". I don't believe that he was paying any attention to where he was hitting the ball, which is evident by the way he reacted when he did realize where the ball had gone.
Even more reason to disqualify him, recklessly hitting the ball, and as a consequence of that, he hit someone with the ball.

images

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, he got what he should have received according to the rules. We can only discuss his stupidity and intemperance. Let's see how he plays in Paris.:icon_rend

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've seen that episode. Nothing criminal as for me, an accident. If it's according to the rules, I agree with DQ, but rules are a bit too strict then.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Even more reason to disqualify him, recklessly hitting the ball, and as a consequence of that, he hit someone with the ball.

My point was that, even if he had no intention of hitting the linesperson, his actions were completely inappropriate Even if he didn't hit that ball all that hard, he had no business hitting it as hard as he did. I think recklessly is the perfect way to describe it. It was a clear violation of the rules. For it to have hit anyone else on the court made it a violation worthy of disqualification. But to say that he purposely targeted the linesperson is a much more serious accusation. And if it were true it would warrant a much more serious punishment. But I don't think that was the case.

Last edited:
gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen that episode. Nothing criminal as for me, an accident. If it's according to the rules, I agree with DQ, but rules are a bit too strict then.
The punishment is quite adequate, any indirect consequences are possible from hitting a person with a ball. The rules allow the federation and competition organizers to prevent such actions by players.:)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably much better since there he should last a little longer than in USA lol
Let's see, taking into account what happened at the US Open, it will be interesting to watch his behavior.:)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Let's see, taking into account what happened at the US Open, it will be interesting to watch his behavior.:)

I believe he lives in Monaco so French Open must be like home tournament for him so guess he has been practicing keeping emotions under control (or not) ...

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe he lives in Monaco so French Open must be like home tournament for him so guess he has been practicing keeping emotions under control (or not) ...
But for a very long time, none of the French won Roland Garos.
attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0166.JPG
    CIMG0166.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
were they live matchs and the people who put money on winning after the disqualification of Novak Djokovic lost them?.Was it a match-fixing game?
I haven't watched this sporting event but I'm interested in learning more about it

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
were they live matchs and the people who put money on winning after the disqualification of Novak Djokovic lost them?.Was it a match-fixing game?
I haven't watched this sporting event but I'm interested in learning more about it

A negotiated game? I do not think so. A very confusing option to get the desired result.
As for the rates and how everything was decided there, I don't know.:)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sh** like this can happen unfortunatelly . I cannot swear this was unintentional as much as I cannot swear she was not overreacting after the hit , not saying she wasn't in pain or not hurting at all , strange situation ... let's forget it and move on ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure he didnt mean to hurt anyone, but he is reckless way too often. He needs to understand he is responsible for where he hits the ball.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think such emotional breakdowns can be associated with the absence of spectators on the courts?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure he didnt mean to hurt anyone, but he is reckless way too often. He needs to understand he is responsible for where he hits the ball.

I'm sure he does now. The U.S. Open without Federer or Nadal to compete with. He had to be the overwhelming favorite and he basically ends up knocking himself out. Oh yeah! I think he probably learned his lesson.

Last edited:
gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure he does now. The U.S. Open without Federer or Nadal to compete with. He had to be the overwhelming favorite and he basically ends up knocking himself out. Oh yeah! I think he probably learned his lesson.
The R:)G will show what conclusions he made and how this incident will affect him.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a acident. But there are rules and he was correctly disqualified

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Regardless of the force of the blow and the actions of the referee, the player is punished by disqualification. This is written in the rules and there is nothing about the force of the blow. There are two points, unintentional and intentional action. The second punishment is much stricter, up to a year's disqualification.

a year's disqualification. ?????? omg.... His career might had been destroyed , probably , Then fine by me , it's all good , the fine is good , the disqialification from the tournament , I mean , the penalty could be far worse , a lot far worse than this ..couldn be ??? Right????:stoned: