D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He never wanted to play the game, he tried to play a different game and lost. He thought he was above the law, this issue has been building for well over a month with him flaunting some kind of exemption that he wouldn't reveal, just because some dickhead in Tennis Aust probably said to him, "No worries mate, we'll sort this for you" doesn't mean that C&BP officers won't be doing their jobs.

Not fair that you're bringing facts into the discussion.

:top:

And as others have pointed out, let's note how all pros, including Djokovic, meekly comply with the rule regarding wearing all white at Wimbledon.

Can you imagine how pathetic anyone would look if they decided to make a political point and to wear what they wanted? Under Wimbledon rules that would merit disqualification.

So comply with wearing white but take a stand on your 'right' to endanger other's lives.

Yeah, that makes sense.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
What health reasons? Why is he an exception?
I don't know, those exceptions were made so it was not known which player was in question. In the end, Novak may have been vaccinated, he never said his status but kept it a secret.
Accusing me of hatred and spitting on people is melodramatic (would that be a Serbian tone issue like his stupid father?)
Does it matter where we are from?I don't divide people by skin color and where they were born

Pls re-read what I wrote and you will see that you are misinterpreting. GN

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
From what I understand, on Monday the judges will give the final sentence in his case

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Novak may have been vaccinated, he never said his status but kept it a secret.

If he would be that then last thing on earth he could do is keep this a secret ...
I doubt anyone knows even one person who is actually vaccinated but too afraid to admit it lol

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't know, those exceptions were made so it was not known which player was in question. In the end, Novak may have been vaccinated, he never said his status but kept it a secret.
Does it matter where we are from?I don't divide people by skin color and where they were born

Pls re-read what I wrote and you will see that you are misinterpreting. GN

Exceptions to the vaccination mandate were for people with a specific health problems such as weak immune systems I believe. They were not, as far as I am aware, awarded to sportsmen or women to attend professional tournaments

Who here has divided Djokovic on the basis of skin color? No one. He was judged for his actions.

As for me misinterpreting you, I think you have that backwards. I understand English is likely a second language for you but I am quoting your words. You accused me of 'spitting on Djokovic'. That type of statement might be a Serbian thing (Djokovic's father and all the other nationalists) but it does not play well in English where it is needlessly hyperbolic.

The immigration hearing will be tomorrow, so we will all have a better idea of whether Djokovic has any valid argument.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I don't use much English, I don't really need it. That's why you don't understand me. What I want to say is the following. I am not defending him, but it is wrong to grant him an exemption and then detain him. Aside from whether he was vaccinated or not, he received that paper. If he hadn't received it, he probably wouldn't have set off for Australia. Whether the reason is in conflict with the ATP or something else, I don’t want to get into that. Disqualification on the US now AO we will see further
Exceptions to the vaccination mandate were for people with a specific health problems such as weak immune systems I believe. They were not, as far as I am aware, awarded to sportsmen or women to attend professional tournaments

Who here has divided Djokovic on the basis of skin color? No one. He was judged for his actions.

As for me misinterpreting you, I think you have that backwards. I understand English is likely a second language for you but I am quoting your words. You accused me of 'spitting on Djokovic'. That type of statement might be a Serbian thing (Djokovic's father and all the other nationalists) but it does not play well in English where it is needlessly hyperbolic.

The immigration hearing will be tomorrow, so we will all have a better idea of whether Djokovic has any valid argument.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I don't use much English, I don't really need it. That's why you don't understand me. What I want to say is the following. I am not defending him, but it is wrong to grant him an exemption and then detain him. Aside from whether he was vaccinated or not, he received that paper. If he hadn't received it, he probably wouldn't have set off for Australia. Whether the reason is in conflict with the ATP or something else, I don’t want to get into that. Disqualification on the US now AO we will see further
What you are not understanding is that the Australian authorities did not grant him an exception, it was Tennis Australia that for some "unknown" reason (money) that granted him an exception to play in the Aust Open, he was never granted an exception to enter Australia.

NoVax Djokeovic was given plenty of warning that he would be turned back if he didn't have his vaccination affairs in order. He is also looking at a 3 year exclusion from entering Australia.

giphy.gif

He tests positive for covid19, then days later he goes mask less and with no social distancing to a tennis tournament, he is a danger to the communities that he visits around the world.

https://www.insider.com/novak-djokovic-timeline-of-serbian-tennis-star-covid-19-troubles-2022-1

:deal:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What you are not understanding is that the Australian authorities did not grant him an exception, it was Tennis Australia that for some "unknown" reason (money) that granted him an exception to play in the Aust Open, he was never granted an exception to enter Australia.

NoVax Djokeovic was given plenty of warning that he would be turned back if he didn't have his vaccination affairs in order. He is also looking at a 3 year exclusion from entering Australia....

https://www.insider.com/novak-djokovic-timeline-of-serbian-tennis-star-covid-19-troubles-2022-1

:deal:

Well the first part of the hearing ended up a shambles (I had a feeling things were going to go awry) with the live feed crashing which meant the for the first hour plus it was essentially a closed hearing.

Astonishingly, his lawyers argued Djokovic only needed to declare whether he was or was not vaccinated against Covid 19 and if not whether he had a medical exemption. They then argued that he can provide evidence, not that he must...and then implied Djokovoc had been willing to get vaccinated (???) but oddly one presumes had not.

... then reportedly the judge is irritated with the way officials handled Djokovic (WTH?). not a good sign when a judge starts expressing a personal opinion.

Immigration lawyers said Djokovic was using outdated protocols regarding his 'exemption' and noted that he had contracted Covid for a second time mid-December, yet his social media showed he had not isolated himself (yet again) but was sociliazing whilst knowingly infected. He's a clown.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
how hard is it to get a Vax?

Novak and Kyrie Irving (NBA Superstar) are on the same level

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don’t feel bad for the clown at all disregards the rules and procedures because he thinks he’s above them.

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
But today we can see that their judge has differently opinion. You can love or not Djoković but you must admit that Australian authorities have made a circus out of this case. You can see the newspaper headline today: The Djoke is on Fortress Australia. And I agree with that. These is debacle for Australia that is for sure. Medical expert from Sydney Morning Herald wrote that the visa should not have been revoked. We will see what tomorrow brings.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the government's position, it is a matter of public health so this type of measure is valid in my opinion, it would be invalid to try to force it to be vaccinated. (If you want to participate in the tournament there, these are the conditions, or wait for the next one)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is unfortunately ambiguity here in that a player can be admitted to the country if they have not been vaccinated but recently had Covid. It would have been much clearer to just have the law in place that you can't enter Australia if you have not been double vaccinated. If this had been the case then he probably would not even have tried to enter the country.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I agree with the government's position, it is a matter of public health so this type of measure is valid in my opinion, it would be invalid to try to force it to be vaccinated. (If you want to participate in the tournament there, these are the conditions, or wait for the next one)
Do you agree that Nadali plays infected in the tournament? How is a person who is negative for the virus more dangerous to his health than a positive one?
As for the visa:
It doesn't matter if he is vaccinated or not. His visa was revoked even though it was issued to him on the basis of the paper he submitted. What you saw in court.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that politics should not influence sports and somehow interfere in the processes, but unfortunately in our time this is impossible and I, as a citizen of Russia, know this because of the policy of our country, many of our athletes have been sold, you probably remember the Rodchenkov case, many people suffered unjustly. I know that you consider our athletes to be scammers, but I assure you this is not so fabricated, American and European athletes use dope ostensibly from illnesses, in particular fictitious asthma, the Ananimus hacker group has declassified documents, our athletes are oppressed and spread rot everywhere, unfairly. became a hindrance to someone, someone wants to remove him from the tournament, even if he takes part, he will not be in the best psychological shape.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, Rules are rules... Novak should know about it...Australia has very strict regulations.

have a nice day :)

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Australian authorities are behaving badly with him, I wanted him to play in the tournament

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
An information on my city today. Unvaccinated are 22% of the population. But 94% of the hospitalized with covid. The vaccinated ones that are in a hospital are elderly or people with serious illnesses. And this is not an opinion. This is a fact.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
There is unfortunately ambiguity here in that a player can be admitted to the country if they have not been vaccinated but recently had Covid. It would have been much clearer to just have the law in place that you can't enter Australia if you have not been double vaccinated. If this had been the case then he probably would not even have tried to enter the country.
That already is an entry requirement afaik, NoVax Jokeovic knew all of the details, he has been playing games by keeping secret his vaccination status for the last few months.

His issues started when he said he was infected on Dec 16th iirc, but days later he was at a tennis tournament with no mask or any hint of social distancing, aka, he dosen't give a shit about anyone but himself.

:)
Do you agree that Nadali plays infected in the tournament? How is a person who is negative for the virus more dangerous to his health than a positive one?
As for the visa:
It doesn't matter if he is vaccinated or not. His visa was revoked even though it was issued to him on the basis of the paper he submitted. What you saw in court.
I don't understand the first part.

As for the visa your correct, he didn't have the proof of vaccination, but he got out of that on a technicality.

The Australian authorities are behaving badly with him, I wanted him to play in the tournament
It has nothing to do with sport, the authorities are just doing their job, and as an Australian, I am glad they are doing their jobs correctly.

NoVax Jokeovic is the one who has been playing games, he doesn't give a shit who he infects with covid19.

An information on my city today. Unvaccinated are 22% of the population. But 94% of the hospitalized with covid. The vaccinated ones that are in a hospital are elderly or people with serious illnesses. And this is not an opinion. This is a fact.
It's not just in your city, it's the same everywhere.

:top:
DS3 said:
Well the first part of the hearing ended up a shambles (I had a feeling things were going to go awry) with the live feed crashing which meant the for the first hour plus it was essentially a closed hearing.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Astonishingly, his lawyers argued Djokovic only needed to declare whether he was or was not vaccinated against Covid 19 and if not whether he had a medical exemption. They then argued that he can provide evidence, not that he must...and then implied Djokovoc had been willing to get vaccinated (???) but oddly one presumes had not.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Lawyers being lawyers, my understanding is that proof of vaccination is required to enter the country, I may be wrong. :dontknow:

... then reportedly the judge is irritated with the way officials handled Djokovic (WTH?). not a good sign when a judge starts expressing a personal opinion.

Immigration lawyers said Djokovic was using outdated protocols regarding his 'exemption' and noted that he had contracted Covid for a second time mid-December, yet his social media showed he had not isolated himself (yet again) but was sociliazing whilst knowingly infected. He's a clown.

I was watching some of it on the live feed on youtube, the judge kinda had his hands tied with the stuff up of the immigration officers, you probably saw it where the judge said NoVax was given till 8.30 to respond as to why his visa shouldn't be cancelled, they cancelled his visa 48 mins too early, they need to dot the I's and cross the T's.

I hope the minister uses his power to cancel his visa again, NoVax will be banned from returning to Australia for 3 years, we don't need any more antivaxxers/hero's in there own mind to spread covid19, we have enough home grown morons already.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I believe that was an earlier protocol but that changed before Djokovic's application, when contracting Covid no longer gave an automatic pass/exemption.

Otherwise I completely agree regarding the double vaccination.

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That already is an entry requirement afaik, NoVax Jokeovic knew all of the details, he has been playing games by keeping secret his vaccination status for the last few months.

His issues started when he said he was infected on Dec 16th iirc, but days later he was at a tennis tournament with no mask or any hint of social distancing, aka, he dosen't give a shit about anyone but himself....

NoVax Jokeovic is the one who has been playing games, he doesn't give a shit who he infects....

I am quite chilled at this point because Djokovic has exposed himself for being precisely what he is - and with that he also looks to have damaged Tennis Australia for naively supporting his application.

First - Djokovic had to admit he contracted Covid for a second time, which meant he was not practicing protective measures for himself.

Then after testing positive he attended various social engagements over the next several days with no Covid protocols in place, glad handing numerous parties and holding close conversations. The fool posted it all on his social media pages. Note that under Serbian guidelines he was supposed to isolate for fourteen days yet was then posting shots of himself on the streets etc.

Djokovic has now admitted he socialized after testing positive.

Meanwhile he has now laid the blame for the false application (in terms of certain information) on an agent and Tennis Australia who he claims filled in the documents on his behalf (?).

Which means one of two things.

At the time of the application Djokovic had admitted contracting Covid again and Tennis Australia blithely accepted Djocovic was self isolating etc. Or, they just decided not to bother checking Djokovic's behavior by simply checking his Facebook page etc. Tennis Australia provided what they thought was a work around (reach around?) whilst Djokovic was making complete fools of them back in Serbia.

The fact that Djokovic deliberately behaved in a manner which could endanger the heath of others marks him as a sociopath.

And for what it is worth, the Serbian Prime Minister reversed support for Djokovic and slammed him in public for his December behavior when he ignored all protocols whilst infected

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...to-all/video/97ddb881180a7b4f16b28f3880761cb4

I'd say it's fifty/fifty as to whether he will be allowed to play but at least everyone knows what a POS he actually is.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been arguing with a mate for years about Djokovic. I was kind of giving him the benefit of the doubt for his various outbursts, unsporting behavior etc.

Now however its clear that my mate was right, and I was naively giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's an irresponsible idiot, and this is why he is not so liked around the world as Nadal and Federer. They are outstanding ambassadors for sport in general while he is self centred ego maniac. I don't use that phrase lightly.

Isolation means stay in your massive mansion. As someone who, like many, had to survive lockdowns and isolation periods in a 1 bed flat I'm basically disgusted with him at this point.

This whole visa mess is a technicality.

Djokovic is a self serving :)D) idiot. This is now a fact!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand an elite athlete willing to get sick - with anything.

Especially with COVID because of the long-haul symptoms some experience.

What athlete is willing to compromise lung capacity??

Oh it's just the flu - I'm strong - I'll be fine.

Health is a multi-million euro decision for athletes.

I just don't get it.

I'm ok with my career being over tomorrow - as long as I am free to refuse vaccination.

Related Australian Guides: Online Casinos - AU Mobile Casinos - AU Gambling - Online Pokies - Sports Betting - Mobile Poker