P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks! I'm going to be watching this thread closely. Learning a lot from you already. Bad luck today but that's just how it goes. Damn Bucks.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the bucks totally imploded. They have done that twice now in only 4 games. Hope they fix that.

I bet Utah second half. Clippers caught up, 1 point Utah lead, line was only Utah -4 second half. You would have to think they pull away at some point.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big 3rd quarter from the jazz. That 1 point lead is a 19 point lead now.

Look at the Hornets go, they are up 15 now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ended up 1-2 after buy outs. I planned to buy out of the Clippers since I made the play when the line came out, so that's unfortunate that kawhi didn't play but luckily got a sure buy out early in that game. Bucks bombed, nets bombed. Bought out of golden state early. Won the Utah second half easily. All in all, considering the day it was, I'm happy to only drop a unit and change. I think like 8 of the underdogs covered or straight up won today. Kind of wild.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Hornets game really helped me out. I am up 9 units even after the Bucks underperformed and Houston&Washington decided to play with defense turned off. Also, Golden State seems to have lost Curry to a wrist injury on top of the amazing blowout to the Suns. Left me wishing I bet more than what I had, but that's the degenerate gambler in me.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How bout them Sixerrrrrrrrssssssssssssss..........

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How bout them Sixerrrrrrrrssssssssssssss..........
They're doing pretty well but have yet to be tested against major teams. It looks like it will be a very competitive season but the sixers will likely make a decent playoff run at least.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clippers are +6 now??? Is someone not playing?

Edit... Kawhi isn't playing tonight. Damn.. hate when that happens after you've already made a bet.

Yes - this load management stuff really pisses me off sometimes - can really sway a game :motz:lol

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man, I just started looking over the college lines to see if any movement has happened I may like. I'm on 5dimes and I notice I have 2 unit more than I should have. Had no idea where it came from. So I look through my history and I don't see any win from yesterday that I would have somehow forgot about. I usually check my history every night when everything is over, I've never had any funny business except for on intertops, where they marked 2 parlays as losers when the first leg had actually won. It's a habit and I suggest everyone to watch their history to make sure. Anyway, so I look at bovada, which I already knew I didn't bet on there yesterday, I check the lines on there, then I check acr. Looked in the history and I found the issue. I never bet the clippers! And technically I never bet the bucks either. I bet them both, in a parlay! That's why it was on acr (I do most of my parlays and teases on acr). So I did lose that, but those weren't a lose and a buy out, they were just 1 loss. The Utah buyout was actually just actually bet. Haha, that's nice to wake up to, so yesterday I was actually 2-2. That's a nice surprise.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on clippers and Denver tonight, both at -4.

The clippers bet is strongly based on Kwahi being rested, and playing against a team he left on not the best terms. Even though that's a year removed, you'd have to think he has a big game against them. I am worried about the offensive rebounding for the spurs, but otherwise I like the clips at home here at just -4.

Denver bet is just based on the match up. Pels are winless this year, but they are a solid team so the record is deceiving. I like Denver -4 against anyone in the league except 4 or 5 teams at most. Yeah Denver imploded on me last game in the 4th, but I feel they win at this line a solid 70-80 percent of the time.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm on clippers and Denver tonight, both at -4.

The clippers bet is strongly based on Kwahi being rested, and playing against a team he left on not the best terms. Even though that's a year removed, you'd have to think he has a big game against them. I am worried about the offensive rebounding for the spurs, but otherwise I like the clips at home here at just -4.

Denver bet is just based on the match up. Pels are winless this year, but they are a solid team so the record is deceiving. I like Denver -4 against anyone in the league except 4 or 5 teams at most. Yeah Denver imploded on me last game in the 4th, but I feel they win at this line a solid 70-80 percent of the time.
I'm going to go against the Clippers and over 225 for a unit each. I think Spurs are doing very well this season whereas the Clippers haven't always been consistent even with Kawhi playing. I am counting on the Spurs knowing how to contain Kawhi based on their history with him.

With you on Denver, will put 1 unit on just a win and another unit on Denver -5. Hopefully Denver remembers how to score this game, because New Orleans certainly does and has been fairly consistent with their offense.

I see Hawks vs Heat is questionable since Heat's lineup may be short Winslow. I don't know enough about Winslow's role so I am going to sit that one out.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's valid reasoning to bet spurs, I just give the clips the edge at home with a rested kawhi. Even if they contain him, he will draw a lot of attention, given his team mates better options. I don't think they contain him though.

Denver biggest issue to me is those needless shooting fouls. They Eola have won that last game without that crazy section where they gave up like 5 and 1's in a row. They also get in runs where they shoot too far also way too often. You have milsap, plumtree, and joking you have no reason to shoot 3 after 3, especially when you and rent hitting them.

Winslow is good, think like a unrefined lower version of kawhi/lbj. He played terrible last game, but he is a solid starter. Seems he was hampered a little with a slight injury last game, probably why he is out tonight. Had 20/8/6 along with a steal the game prior to that. He averages 15/8+/5+ a game. Very solid. If that line gets to 7, I may splash on it myself. A tease with the over looks very solid also.
I'm going to go against the Clippers and over 225 for a unit each. I think Spurs are doing very well this season whereas the Clippers haven't always been consistent even with Kawhi playing. I am counting on the Spurs knowing how to contain Kawhi based on their history with him.

With you on Denver, will put 1 unit on just a win and another unit on Denver -5. Hopefully Denver remembers how to score this game, because New Orleans certainly does and has been fairly consistent with their offense.

I see Hawks vs Heat is questionable since Heat's lineup may be short Winslow. I don't know enough about Winslow's role so I am going to sit that one out.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That's valid reasoning to bet spurs, I just give the clips the edge at home with a rested kawhi. Even if they contain him, he will draw a lot of attention, given his team mates better options. I don't think they contain him though.

Denver biggest issue to me is those needless shooting fouls. They Eola have won that last game without that crazy section where they gave up like 5 and 1's in a row. They also get in runs where they shoot too far also way too often. You have milsap, plumtree, and joking you have no reason to shoot 3 after 3, especially when you and rent hitting them.

Winslow is good, think like a unrefined lower version of kawhi/lbj. He played terrible last game, but he is a solid starter. Seems he was hampered a little with a slight injury last game, probably why he is out tonight. Had 20/8/6 along with a steal the game prior to that. He averages 15/8+/5+ a game. Very solid. If that line gets to 7, I may splash on it myself. A tease with the over looks very solid also.
I used to think of Kawhi that way too, but I wonder if he is just not getting quite the same quality of support from the Clippers as he did from the Raptors. Even with Kawhi playing, Clippers lost against the Suns and if we go back further against the Mavericks and Nuggets in the pre-season (although he played few minutes vs the Nuggets). No doubt he is a strong player but I don't think he can carry the Clippers without George. We will see though, as I am definitely not risking much of my bank roll to find this out so early in the season. Good luck on your picks tonight!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver starts by missing some 3'a and shooting fouls. Picture that.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah so more of the usual. They seem to be rusty at the start before settling into their game. I can't imagine them losing to New Orleans though..

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am out of the Denver game. Something different is going on since the previous game with how Jokic is playing within the team.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can't stop shooting 3s, making shooting fouls, and second half turnovers. 3 games now they have been like that. And yeah jokic seems off. I'm hoping they cut the lead down so I can buy out safely.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clippers -2 second half

This makes it the same as the game line I got, so I'm betting this to counter Denvers loss (they pulled within 6, then gave up 8 points in 40 seconds, so I'm assuming they don't get close enough for me to get a buy out) I also like this bet a lot though, so I put 2 units on it. I'll be watching it the rest of the way.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking to tomorrow I see some value in houston, utah, lakers, and the bucks.

I'm going to parlay thrm, buying points on each. It comes out to this. Jazz -4, Houston -2, Lakers +2, Bucks -3 @+712
I'll play them all straight too. I'd say on average these all would win. So I expect at least 3 of them to. I think it's good value on each of them.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clippers came through. 2-1 tonight but that second half line I went double on made up for the loss. I'm not complaining at all, but why didn't the spurs foul with 21 seconds left in a 6 point game??? Weird.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will put a few units on tonight's games.

Rockets -4, Rockets over 122.5, and Harden over 34.5 for a unit each.

Bucks -4.5 for a unit

I want to bet on the Spurs and Warriors as well, but not quite sure on an angle yet this morning.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wednesday (1-2) -120/ -1.20 Units Overall (12-10) +$100/ +1.00 Units

Recap - Bucks flat, Wizards scored 158 and lost and load management (1-2)

Friday -

LA Lakers (-1.5) @ Dallas - Exciting game with LeBron dunks

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That spurs warriors line is really strange. Warriors have been garbage every game except 1. Curry out and I expected that line to be north of 10, but it's only 6.5? Maybe they expect the Warriors to be better without him? I did notice in the little I've seen of them this year that the tend to just sit back, basically waiting for curry to take over, which he hadnt, so maybe that's a decent theory? Even if they do play better without him, that line seems suspect against a good team, that's very well coached.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bucks first half is only -1.5. I'm on it. I'm also going to double dip on them and bet the full line a second time. Orlando are short at guard tonight, and I don't see how this doesn't end up being a blowout. To be honest, I'm not sure why this line is only -4.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I added 2 units each to Bucks for their first half and first to 50.

For the Warriors game I am putting 3 units on the Spurs AND Under 222.5. I can't see Warriors scoring much without Curry and am counting on that for the Under. If this falls through I am going to have to get much more conservative with my betting.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars