NBA betting thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to be greedy, but I wouldn't mind 14 more points in this last 4 and a half minutes. As long as the Lakers win by double digits then I'm fine with it.

Edit, wow, Lakers just scored 10 points in a minute, only need 3 points now. Lakers are handing out the gifts tonight!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you lakers. 3-0 on that game, and a pretty penny on the -6 line, I bet that at 2.5 units. Anthony Davis absolutely destroyed in the 3rd quarter.

4-2 on the night for a little over 3 units.

Killer night for you ribby. Nice bets.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you lakers. 3-0 on that game, and a pretty penny on the -6 line, I bet that at 2.5 units. Anthony Davis absolutely destroyed in the 3rd quarter.

4-2 on the night for a little over 3 units.

Killer night for you ribby. Nice bets.

Thanks! Won on Nationals to +176 - sweet 4-0 day -

just to let you know - i put down some thoughts on NFL games this week in the thread :) I appreciate your input in the thread and hate to lose your opinions - Chicken Arise has had some good info in past as well

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice! That's a killer day. Always feels good to win on a underdog moneyline.

Yeah I saw the nfl post, right before I looked in here actually. Kind of a long reply. Mostly on a Miami rant :D
Thanks! Won on Nationals to +176 - sweet 4-0 day -

just to let you know - i put down some thoughts on NFL games this week in the thread :) I appreciate your input in the thread and hate to lose your opinions - Chicken Arise has had some good info in past as well

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I believe yesterday in one NHL game there was rare over line at 5 goals probably for the first time this season (so it's quite shame i missed it ...) therefore i wonder how long it actually takes until we see NBA match this season with a ridiciously low over line (under 200 points) ...

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would have to be something like Utah vs Orlando, or Memphis, or the kings. Just because Utahs play style is slow and defensive, and those 3 other teams really suck on offence. Even then it would probably be a little over 200.

The Knicks and orlando play tomorrow and it's at 208.5. Lowest I think I've seen so far this season.

Is that your hook? You just play the overs on the lowest totals for various sports? I noticed you do it on NFL and handball and such.
I believe yesterday in one NHL game there was rare over line at 5 goals probably for the first time this season (so it's quite shame i missed it ...) therefore i wonder how long it actually takes until we see NBA match this season with a ridiciously low over line (under 200 points) ...

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Is that your hook? You just play the overs on the lowest totals for various sports? I noticed you do it on NFL and handball and such.

Not all the time though ... in handball for example most games in greek league have low over lines but i basically stay away from that league cause i know that some other leagues/competions have much higher % of nailing low over lines so i just stick to them instead ...

In american sports like NBA/NHL/NFL low over lines usually suggest that either team (or both) are dealing with injuries and so on but still this shouldn't affect too much i assume ...

I doubt i've ever made under bets on volleyball and i don't make them in tennis either although in latter i usually make some over bets time to time or just bet against estonians (like in any/most sport lol)

In football i basically never pick low over lines cause there "under 4" don't qualify for that ... However i do remember that last autumn when our NT team played 2 consecitive homegames in october i picked over 2 goals in first and under 2 in second match. Obv in reality these ideas were correct but games weren't as we lost first match 0:1 and drew second 3:3 ...

So yeah i know that these (ridiciously) low over lines (in any sport) don't work all the time but most cases i still try them :)

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tuesday (3-0) +$300/ +3.0 Units Overall (11-8) +$220/ +2.20 Units

Recap - Miami, Dallas and Lakers all play well (3-0)
:)

Wednesday -

Milwaukee (-3) @ Boston - Bucks Avg. 124 a game - Celtics Avg. 107 a game

Washington (+8) @ Home vs Houston - Rockets (0-3 ATS so far in 3 games)

Clippers (+2.5) @ Utah - Early test for Rivers and crew

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clippers are +6 now??? Is someone not playing?

Edit... Kawhi isn't playing tonight. Damn.. hate when that happens after you've already made a bet.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brooklyn at -3 tonight looks good to me. Indiana is 0-3, with 2 losses to detroit, who didn't even have blake, and a 11 point loss to cleveland. The Nets haven't exactly been great either, but I think they are the better team, and are playing at home. They are only 1-2, but both of their losses were by 1 point. Could easily be a 3-0 team and this line would be upwards of 8 then. I'll take a shot on them.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm in for 2 units on the Bucks. Would love to bet on the Nets but I just haven't had good luck with them.. will bet against the Clippers without Kawhi and under 221.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Any interest in betting against Golden State tonight?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to the bucks??? They were up 15 and I went to feed my dogs. I come back and they are down 4??? I was maybe 5 minutes.

Golden state does seem intriguing. The suns may be on the way down while golden state may be going up. I was surprised by the suns when they won the game after the suspension.

Edit.. and as I was writing this, the pacers go from just up to to up 11. One of those nights maybe.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just had to look twice at Rockets and Wizards... 228 and at end of 3rd????

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll try golden state tonight. But I'll buy out of that immediately if they are behind by even 2 at half time.

Crappy night. So far from what I've seen. Only 2 favorites won their games. Weird night.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Going to put 2.5 units on the Hornets. They've lost against more competent teams than the Kings have (IMHO) and they have scored pretty consistently in those games, whereas the Kings have not had a great track record in that regard. Kings have also lost 4 of 5 of their last games against the Hornets.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watch it so you can buy out if you need. I also did a multiple bet on gs. Not chasing exactly, just risking losing a little juice vs recouping. I won't ride it out until 4th though if they either start losing or aren't pulling away.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Rockets and Wizards game was going to set records if they went into OT but I will take the W from the Rockets at the last second... Lost on my under 240 by quite a bit... But won with over 217 and on the Rockets taking it down. What a crazy game.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Clippers look to be choking without their king.
Suns*** is doing alright against Warriors.
Hornets have me worried. I may be buying out shortly if I can.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought out of the Clippers as soon as they were up 4, so I'm not worried on that game. If Utah wins, I'll break even, if clippers win I'll lose .1 of a unit. I'm fine with that.

Golden state look OK right now. I'm not concerned unless they get down 7 or so before halftime.

Charlotte just stopped playing from what I saw. They were playing games well sad winning get in the first, then kind of just did what the bucks did earlier.

Edit... as I write that, golden state goes down 7... haha.

Edit 2.. down 15 now, just a minute later. Turnovers, and the sun shooting 3s lights out. Over 60 percent.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I bought out of the Clippers as soon as they were up 4, so I'm not worried on that game. If Utah wins, I'll break even, if clippers win I'll lose .1 of a unit. I'm fine with that.

Golden state look OK right now. I'm not concerned unless they get down 7 or so before halftime.

Charlotte just stopped playing from what I saw. They were playing games well sad winning get in the first, then kind of just did what the bucks did earlier.

Edit... as I write that, golden state goes down 7... haha.
I think the Charlotte vs Sacramento game may get closer in the 3rd and 4th. Sacramento has tended to play well in the first half and then fall apart later in the second. Right now it is still a decent competition between two losing teams.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are the suns only -5.5 right now live??? Up 19 points. That's wild.

Edit.. up 22 now, and that line exploded.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are on a 24 to 1 run, wow. Watch me still lose that buy out.

34 to 4 run now... wow. They were losing 9 to 10, and it's 43 to 14 now. And I'll still lose that buy out haha.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Almost even on Hornets vs Kings at half. I am going to be irresponsible and go to sleep and see where it went in the morning. Golden State is going to pay out any potential losses on their in-progress blowout and I am not a pro sports better so my bankroll isn't a huge deal to me at this point. Sleep is more important. Although it would be nice to have a programmable stop loss on a betting site.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that would never happen. They would lose so much money byou having automated buy outs at whatever point you list.

Good luck, hopefully you wake up and the Hornets covered.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars