NBA basketball thread 2021/2022

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was 1/2 yesterday because Tatum put up a crazy 50+ handle so took a tiny loss.

Today I'll go with

76ers -7 @ -110

Blazers +8.5 at the half @ -110

Mavs -2.5 @ -110 A little upset with myself because the line was -1 @ -110 earlier and I didn't take it.

Den -8 @ -110

So going to see how tonight's bets blows up but will still enjoy the games. Was really thinking about betting Atlanta but had second thoughts about it.

The Hawks need this win and Detroit is not a consistent back to back winner. Hawks are a mediocre team on the road and just beat two talented teams in the Bulls and Was and might want a break, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks mail this one in and don't show up.

Atl -8 @ -110 seems too much for a team that cuts these games too close. If this was ATl at home I would take the spread but going to pass on this one.

Going to try to watch some NHL tonight as I watch my NBA bets lose money, lol but I'll get over it.

Tough split but you saved money on the no bet of Atlanta. Well done!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough split but you saved money on the no bet of Atlanta. Well done!

I should not have bet the Trail Blazer game because I knew they're really bad but I thought they would at least hang in there til the half then fall apart but they were so awful in every aspect of the game and the guy that tried to defend Towns shouldn't be on the roster. Townes is an awesome player but to allow that many rebounds so early in a game is silly. That Williams fella on the Trail Blazers seemed like the only one worth keeping. The others were eh, at best.

That Golden State rookie set a rookie team scoring record against Denver so I lost that bet by a bucket or two and that cost me money but it happens. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

The Knicks game was a surprise because they were down huge then I saw they came from like 25 -30 points behind lolol then took the lead in the 4th quarter and I just went with the momentum. I was lucky to get in at -2.5 @-105. But the Knicks are known for losing games this year in the worst ways late and I wasn't going to pay anymore than -2.5 on that game. If they didn't have that reputation this year of folding late then I would have paid up a little more. So I was really lucky to get in at that price and they pulled my betting day out of the fire.

So I went 3/5 with my set standard full sized bets on NBA games yesterday but I lost one full bet and a quarter sized bet on NHL Had Col winning by +1.5 on the road against the Islanders and they won by only 1, lol. Islanders were so lucky in the 1st period, it was crazy with all the opportunities. So with NHL I went 0/1.25

Anyway, today I'm going with:

Grizzlies at home -5.5 @ -110

Cavs on the road -4 @-110
This was a tough one to convince myself to take but I'll try this one but I feel a lot better with this game than the Trail Blazer game because these two teams have played one another this year. If it doesn't work out then I'll only be down one full bet and I can handle that so no big deal. Its going to be interesting to see if they can overcome missing Allen who put up double double games against the Pacers recently. So not my favorite game today but I think they might be able to make it work. We'll see, maybe not.

And I'm going with the Suns -7.5 on the road @ -110. This has been reduced to -5.5 @ -110 and I usually wait til the starting lineups are announced but Booker and Paul sat out the Buck game so the Suns should be ready to play at full strength and they just lost to the Bucs so should be interesting to see if they're ready for a big win so I didn't wait.

Can't wait to see how these bets blow up, lolol at least I'll be entertained though.

Last edited:

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Philly has been playing well since Harden arrived. Good clubhouse at the moment.

lol Yeah, things have been better since they got rid of Simmons. The Nets could really use Simmons. Was thinking about taking the Nets today but they haven't been consistent enough for me. That Boston game was the best game I think they've played all year but I want to see them get going before I put anymore money on them. Throw in a healthy Simmons with Durant and "the world is flat" guy together and I'll start betting them more. If you could find someone to shut down an opposing big scorer then I'd really like them.

Last edited:
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Sunday March 6th (1-2) -$120 NBA Overall (49-42-4) +$390

Tuesday March 8th, 2022 -

Memphis -6.5 @ Home vs New Orleans - Grizzlies 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up loss

Los Angeles Clippers +5.5 @ Golden State - Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Golden State

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Sunday March 6th (1-2) -$120 NBA Overall (49-42-4) +$390

Tuesday March 8th, 2022 -

Memphis -6.5 @ Home vs New Orleans - Grizzlies 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up loss

Los Angeles Clippers +5.5 @ Golden State - Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Golden State

I couldn't take this game because I looked at the Clippers and they lost by over 20 to the Knicks at home. And the Knicks are a step down from a Golden State team even without Green. So I don't have a lot of faith in a Clippers team without George and Leonard. GS sat out Curry and Thompson last game so they're ready to go and GS played their heart out against a good Nuggets team so the secondary players might be a little tired but the starters are fresh.

Golden state has just been too inconsistent for me lately to take them either. If a healthy Green was in the line up then I would take the GS side of the bet. Clippers are a worse team away than home and GS is way better team at home than on the road and explains the Clippers the last game against GS. GS also recently lost games to good Mavericks and Timberwolves teams, and a motivated LeBron James scored 56 on them so GS is still playing good ball.

GS is also due for a win. I just talked myself into taking GS -6 @ -110 lol

I think GS is going to want some payback against the Clippers for their last game together and I'm interested to see if that rookie that scored big time last night plays. Really don't know about this one but we'll see. If GS doesn't take this game seriously because George and Paul aren't in the lineup and mails this game in then they certainly won't cover and might lose it. If they see it as needing a win to break a losing streak and show up then they might cover the -6 against the Clippers. At worst it'll only be 1 full bet lost on a team that wins in their building and has a track record of winning. Hopefully Curry can get everyone involved and they have fun!! I know I'll enjoy it either way.

GL with the Clippers though!!

Last edited:
D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played in the past. I can help you with line ups or questions.

I mainly play daily fantasy.

I'm not into any leagues or anything like that but my question is at what position do you try to find the best value for players to get you the most FPPG ?

To me basketball seem so hard to be consistent with how the game can flow a certain way or who will start in a lineup due to a ton of players missing games from covid restrictions and also game management.

I just cant seem to get over the hump of falling 40-60 pts from 1st Place.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly play daily fantasy.

I'm not into any leagues or anything like that but my question is at what position do you try to find the best value for players to get you the most FPPG ?

To me basketball seem so hard to be consistent with how the game can flow a certain way or who will start in a lineup due to a ton of players missing games from covid restrictions and also game management.

I just cant seem to get over the hump of falling 40-60 pts from 1st Place.

Balanced attack of solid performers. Here is your top 25 performers -

vTSMjLy.png

Basically, they give you $200 to spend on a line up. 8 to 10 players must be selected. So, if you have 10 slots then an average of $20 per player = $200

Look at the games each day. Find one with players who score, rebound and have assists on a consistent basis. Get to know the players better on all the teams.

I will make a example of one - Daily Fantasy All NBA Games included - $200 Total

Damian Lillard - PG $35
K Irving - SG $22
J Tatum -Flex $30
Gorbert - C $25
Covington - SF $15
D Green - PF $23
A Wiggins - F $12
J Holiday - G $24
Reserve - c - $12

totaling $200

Decent players you know will have points and maybe have a huge night to put you in the money.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Tuesday March 8th (1-1) -$10 NBA Overall (50-43-4) +$380

Wednesday March 9th, 2022 -

Boston/Charlotte OVER 227 - Celtics OVER 6-1-1 in last 8 overall

Miami -7.5 @ Home vs Phoenix - Suns 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall

Milwaukee -5 @ Home vs Atlanta - Hawks 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games

Minnesota -14.5 @ Home vs Oklahoma City - Timberwolves 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall

Dallas -8 @ Home vs NY Knicks - Mavericks 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall

San Antonio +1.5 @ Home vs Toronto - Raptors 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings in San Antonio

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Anyone expressed thoughts on the NBA top 75 list or is that on a separate thread?

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Balanced attack of solid performers. Here is your top 25 performers -

Decent players you know will have points and maybe have a huge night to put you in the money.

That is the problem.

I do follow a lot of teams and players but with the balanced attack of these top performers I am falling short each time.

I try and get value at the C position and look for guys who have potential to get me like 10pts maybe 7-8rebs 1-2a.

I just dont know what position I should be spending my salary at the most and trying to find value.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the problem.

I do follow a lot of teams and players but with the balanced attack of these top performers I am falling short each time.

I try and get value at the C position and look for guys who have potential to get me like 10pts maybe 7-8rebs 1-2a.

I just dont know what position I should be spending my salary at the most and trying to find value.

That is the hardest part. The position is not as important but the production. Be consistent on following games day to day. Players in these ranges will start sticking out. Maybe, try the lower buy in daily games until you get more comfortable with line ups. Keep trying in my opinion. You have the right idea.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying and yeah its tough. NFL fantasy seemed a bit easier. I think once it gets closer to the playoffs and teams having their full rotations in maybe I will see a better turnout.

Any lock bets on NBA today? I just started playing around with the SGP bets.

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should not have bet the Trail Blazer game because I knew they're really bad but I thought they would at least hang in there til the half then fall apart but they were so awful in every aspect of the game and the guy that tried to defend Towns shouldn't be on the roster. Townes is an awesome player but to allow that many rebounds so early in a game is silly. That Williams fella on the Trail Blazers seemed like the only one worth keeping. The others were eh, at best.

That Golden State rookie set a rookie team scoring record against Denver so I lost that bet by a bucket or two and that cost me money but it happens. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

The Knicks game was a surprise because they were down huge then I saw they came from like 25 -30 points behind lolol then took the lead in the 4th quarter and I just went with the momentum. I was lucky to get in at -2.5 @-105. But the Knicks are known for losing games this year in the worst ways late and I wasn't going to pay anymore than -2.5 on that game. If they didn't have that reputation this year of folding late then I would have paid up a little more. So I was really lucky to get in at that price and they pulled my betting day out of the fire.

So I went 3/5 with my set standard full sized bets on NBA games yesterday but I lost one full bet and a quarter sized bet on NHL Had Col winning by +1.5 on the road against the Islanders and they won by only 1, lol. Islanders were so lucky in the 1st period, it was crazy with all the opportunities. So with NHL I went 0/1.25

Anyway, today I'm going with:

Grizzlies at home -5.5 @ -110

Cavs on the road -4 @-110
This was a tough one to convince myself to take but I'll try this one but I feel a lot better with this game than the Trail Blazer game because these two teams have played one another this year. If it doesn't work out then I'll only be down one full bet and I can handle that so no big deal. Its going to be interesting to see if they can overcome missing Allen who put up double double games against the Pacers recently. So not my favorite game today but I think they might be able to make it work. We'll see, maybe not.

And I'm going with the Suns -7.5 on the road @ -110. This has been reduced to -5.5 @ -110 and I usually wait til the starting lineups are announced but Booker and Paul sat out the Buck game so the Suns should be ready to play at full strength and they just lost to the Bucs so should be interesting to see if they're ready for a big win so I didn't wait.

Can't wait to see how these bets blow up, lolol at least I'll be entertained though.

Results:
Cavs on the road -4 @ -110 LOSS final score was 127-124 Cavs lol they had the game covered but Indy came back at the end.

Suns -7.5 @ -110 no Paul or Booker so lost this one. LOSS

Grizzlies at -5.5 @-110 WIN, 111/132 @ Grizzlies over Pelicans

GS -6 @ -110 was a WIN, 97/112 over Clippers @ GS

NHL
I lost a quarter bet betting the Penguins could beat one of the best NHL teams at home with rest taking the moneyline and the Penguins were down 2 in the 1st period lol. They came back but Fla was too good for them.

Last edited:

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Tuesday March 8th (1-1) -$10 NBA Overall (50-43-4) +$380

Wednesday March 9th, 2022 -

Boston/Charlotte OVER 227 - Celtics OVER 6-1-1 in last 8 overall

Miami -7.5 @ Home vs Phoenix - Suns 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall

Milwaukee -5 @ Home vs Atlanta - Hawks 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games

Minnesota -14.5 @ Home vs Oklahoma City - Timberwolves 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall

Dallas -8 @ Home vs NY Knicks - Mavericks 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall

San Antonio +1.5 @ Home vs Toronto - Raptors 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings in San Antonio

I'm also going with the Bucks -5 @ -110 but its a questionable pick because ATL has handled them but they haven't played with the Bucs big three available and Ibaka. Bucs have been doing a lot of traveling so don't know how this will go.

Going with Cade Cunningham O 19.5 @ -108 AT A HALF SIZED BET because he's been on fire and a main reason why Detroit has been winning recently so that one looks better than average If you can find it.

Going with the Heat -4.5 @-110 but this isn't going to be easy because I don't know how Lowry is going to play and Butler is probably out. Heat beat them by 20+ back in Jan @ the Suns without Butler so we'll see but not confident on this one. Butler is out and Lowry hasn't played a lot recently so this one doesn't look good at all.

I'm on the fence with this one because a lot of the Twolves roster is GTD except for Townes. But Twolves beat them a few days ago @ OKC by 30+ and Min is a much better team at home so taking Twolves -14.5 @ -110

I might glance at the Mavs game because Luka is awesome but I don't like the -8 with the Mavs because although the Knicks are mediocre, they have played the Mavs well this year and last. I looked at the last 2 games one played in NY where they handled Dal and one last year @ Dal and still won so I'm not that confident in the Mavs. I'll take a quarter sized bet on the Knicks +5 @ -110 for the 1st Half . I think they'll be close and not dreadfully behind like the other night. Mavs have won a lot of games in a row as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks are at least competitive in this.

Last edited:
W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luka triple double and dallas win ,also luka double /double and mavs win,
rj barrett over 3.5 assists

jcmunoz33

jcmunoz33

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nba

I like the Mavs vs Knicks tonight. Hbu?

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm also going with the Bucks -5 @ -110 but its a questionable pick because ATL has handled them but they haven't played with the Bucs big three available and Ibaka. Bucs have been doing a lot of traveling so don't know how this will go.

Going with Cade Cunningham O 19.5 @ -108 AT A HALF SIZED BET because he's been on fire and a main reason why Detroit has been winning recently so that one looks better than average If you can find it.

Going with the Heat -4.5 @-110 but this isn't going to be easy because I don't know how Lowry is going to play and Butler is probably out. Heat beat them by 20+ back in Jan @ the Suns without Butler so we'll see but not confident on this one. Butler is out and Lowry hasn't played a lot recently so this one doesn't look good at all.

I'm on the fence with this one because a lot of the Twolves roster is GTD except for Townes. But Twolves beat them a few days ago @ OKC by 30+ and Min is a much better team at home so taking Twolves -14.5 @ -110

I might glance at the Mavs game because Luka is awesome but I don't like the -8 with the Mavs because although the Knicks are mediocre, they have played the Mavs well this year and last. I looked at the last 2 games one played in NY where they handled Dal and one last year @ Dal and still won so I'm not that confident in the Mavs. I'll take a quarter sized bet on the Knicks +5 @ -110 for the 1st Half . I think they'll be close and not dreadfully behind like the other night. Mavs have won a lot of games in a row as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks are at least competitive in this.

Added half bet of under 199.5 Total @-110 Knicks @Dallas.

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Added Blazers/Jazz under 199.5 Total @-115 for a 1/2 Bet. Might not work out.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In late on this thread, but due to all the free promos on the sportsbetting Apps I have been betting/following the NBA for the first time ever.

Suns NBA Champions is my bet. ;)

I also like the over in the highest over of the night 70% of the time. ;)

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Results for Tuesday:

Bucks -5 @ -110, WON 1 Full bet, 142-115

Heat -4.5 @-110, LOST 1 Full bet, 111-90

Twolves -14.5 @ -110, WON 1 Full bet, 102 -132

Cade Cunningham O 19.5 @ -108, WON 1/2 Bet, 22pts.

(In Game) Knicks/Mavs under 199.5 @-110, WON 1/2 Bet

(In Game) Blazers/Jazz under 199.5 @-115 for 1/2 Bet. LOSS, Every time I go near this awful team I lose money. They scored 15, 20 14 and decide to score over 30 in the 4th lolol I won't go near the Blazers for the rest of the season, lol. So inconsistent its silly because they're so bad.

Knicks +5 @ -110 for the 1st half, a Quarter Sized Bet, knicks WON, 61-34

Days like this makes me think I should bet full bets all the time but the full, half and quarter bets work for me, especially when betting teams like the dreadful Trailblazers, lol.

Last edited:
ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Thursday:
Philadelphia v Brooklyn (Philadelphia (Match Winner) 1.48)
Philadelphia - Brooklyn (Over 115.5 (Home Team - Score 115.5) 1.65)

I hope Harden plays and then it will be a spicy match. :)

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going with Jokic over 27.5 at -105 half bet sized bet. Was tempted to bet him getting another triple double but this is the safer bet and I'm not getting the greatest odds for the triple double.

Last edited:

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going with Jokic over 27.5 at -105 half bet sized bet. Was tempted to bet him getting another triple double but this is the safer bet and I'm not getting the greatest odds for the triple double.

0-1 with the NBA picks but went 4/5 with the baby NCAA basketball picks so it wasn't the worst day.

Jokic over 27.5 at -105, half bet: LOST.

He only scored 23. Sat out most of the 3rd quarter in foul trouble and just looked tired in the 4th quarter. Golden State as a team defended the Nuggets very well. He had lots of opportunities to score 5 points in the 4th quarter to get over 28 but he couldn't score or had the ball poked away and was against good defense.

Ooh well, try again tomorrow.

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA Thursday:
Philadelphia v Brooklyn (Philadelphia (Match Winner) 1.48)
Philadelphia - Brooklyn (Over 115.5 (Home Team - Score 115.5) 1.65)

I hope Harden plays and then it will be a spicy match. :)

I didn't want to go near that game because "the World is Flat Guy" scored 50 points last game and I didn't know if he would still have the magic touch. The same with Harden because these shooters can go cold in a heartbeat and you could lose a lot of money on them if their shot is off and they keep trying to throw the ball in instead of driving to the rim or they don't pass the ball.

Could have gotten +4.5 @+160 Nets and still wanted no part of it, Nets are playing well on the road starting with that Boston game but I still said I'll put my money somewhere else. Hopefully the Nets can continue playing well and I can be a lot more confident putting my money on them.