NBA basketball thread 2021/2022

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although i support boston, i also think gloden state wins at home and that total score of 212+ could happen now.

The score was a bit low, but GSW won and Thompson should I have been betting towards 20+ points now.
Continuation is coming up in Boston and I would be very surprised if there was no seventh match.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a small bet on GS to win the series and decided to watch the 3rd quarter of yesterday's game and was not disappointed. That was classic GS.

Behind in the game but not that far behind then they came back to tie and then the 2 teams went back and forth scoring until GS broke away in the 4th quarter. The second half was fun to watch.

Tatum hitting 3 pointer after 3 was great to watch late in the game.

It seemed like the refs didn't call too many fouls and Boston was crying about it but in the Finals I really want the games to be decided on who hits the most shots and not on really minor contact.

And I really don't want to see flops in the Finals. I saw a few just in the 3rd quarter and it was disturbing. Some of the performances were silly and if I'm a ref at that game then I wouldn't give you the call for all the other times you kept doing that stuff.

Just focus on getting good looks and putting the rock down rather than flopping on the floor.

Great series so far.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was thinking yesterday if the Warriors flopping so much is part of their strategy to counter the Celtics physical play.

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Bet on GSW for next game even if it's away.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Andrew Wiggins can become a hall of famer if he continues such great performances! 'Maple Jordan' phrase doesn't sound so funny anymore.
A bit sad that Curry interrupted his series of 3-pointers that started in November 2018, also he scored at least 1 3-pointer in every playoff game of his career until the last one.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
GSW changed tactics. This allowed them to win the last two games. Let's see how Boston responds.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I want GSW to win on their court in game 7, but don't want an additional risk, so I'll accept the title tonight. And next year again.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sixth game in the final series between Boston and GSV put everything in place. Golden State becomes well-deserved NBA champions, and Stephen Curry adds to his collection of awards with the trophy he has chased his entire career - taking the Finals MVP.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GSW won deservedly, unfortunately Boston ran out and Tatum didn't bring what he could ...
Then this thread is over, but the next season is coming soon. ;)

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Won my little finals bet with GS winning.

It was a roller coaster then smooth sailing.

Had the bet at -180 or -160 then that same bet was giving +360 after Boston went ahead in the series , lol

I was not a happy camper but it still worked out.

It was a great series with both top tier teams. We saw the emergence of a lot of good players take the next step on both teams and it was fun to watch and bet on those teams throughout the season.

Can't wait for next year and doing this again with the folks on the board.

Cheers.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on a well deserved win GS
. Nice finale

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Lakers fan I just didn't want the Celtics to win. But it's tough not to be a little happy for Steph and Klay.

After Klay's knee and then achilles injuries the likelihood of them getting another title seemed slim with the core getting older, the loss of Durant, and the retirement of key role players. Good on em.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm happy for Steph, well deserved appreciation finally.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Boston fan, I'm sorry for Jason Tatum, one of the leaders of the team, but he didn't play well since the first game of the series. I checked the statistics he made 100 losses in the 2022 playoffs. This is the first time in the history of the NBA Previously, the leader in losses was LeBron James. In the 2017/18 season, playing for Cleveland, he made 94 losses during the playoffs.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a Boston fan, I'm sorry for Jason Tatum, one of the leaders of the team, but he didn't play well since the first game of the series. I checked the statistics he made 100 losses in the 2022 playoffs. This is the first time in the history of the NBA Previously, the leader in losses was LeBron James. In the 2017/18 season, playing for Cleveland, he made 94 losses during the playoffs.

Andrew Wiggins happened to Jason Tatum. He just needed a good defender to put him in his place. Hopefully Tatum will realize that he has a lot more to improve and takes the steps to find his next gear.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that in the new season, if Tatum continues to give himself to the game, he will only grow and develop. He failed the final, but this is not the end of the world. Curry played above his head, and Jason was a cut below his abilities. Maybe he's just tired, or maybe he broke under pressure. He and Boston still have things ahead of him.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Raptors are confident that they will win the fight for Kevin Durant. According to Sportsnet journalist Michael Grange, the club is confident that it will be able to collect the best offer for the Nets in the entire market. The Raptors also believe that Durant will seriously consider playing for the Canadian team. I don't even know what's going on with Kevin right now, or what the real situation is with the Nets.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some anonymous better bet $10,000 on the Kings to win the 2023 NBA season. If a miracle happens and his bet goes, the payout will be $7.5 million. 😳 😂

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Raptors are confident that they will win the fight for Kevin Durant. According to Sportsnet journalist Michael Grange, the club is confident that it will be able to collect the best offer for the Nets in the entire market. The Raptors also believe that Durant will seriously consider playing for the Canadian team. I don't even know what's going on with Kevin right now, or what the real situation is with the Nets.

I can't see Durant going to the Raptors after their fans cheered for his Achilles injury in 2019. Maybe he will seriously consider playing like Kawhi seriously considered staying with the Raptors before going with the Clippers to eventually sit in street clothes with Paul George.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As experts say, the price for Kevin Durant is so high that no one can afford to pay it... Right now, everyone is waiting for the price to fall.