Chips
taking the 49ers tonight against the rams easy money

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, the Colts can play defense... this is a scary world we live in.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was worried going in that the Colts didn't match up well against Cinci... wrong about that I guess :p

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was worried going in that the Colts didn't match up well against Cinci... wrong about that I guess :p
I picked the Bengals as well. Cinci covers well, and is weak against the run. Who knew the Bengals would start the game with EIGHT 3-and-outs. They shut out the Bengals without creating a single turnover! The Bengals didn't really even have many penalties. This was not a shutout by luck, they just man-handled the Bengals holding them to 2.5 yards per pass, 2.7 yards per rush, and 1-13 on 3rd down conversions. Really sick, they will go way up the M-P power rankings this week.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im trying to place a sportsbet on BCP and i keep getting an error message saying that my bet balance has been exceeded. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there a way to trnasfer sportsbet funds back to the poker side?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Im trying to place a sportsbet on BCP and i keep getting an error message saying that my bet balance has been exceeded. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there a way to trnasfer sportsbet funds back to the poker side?

Flip your bet to "to risk" instead of the other 2 things I can't think of what they are..

Yes you can transfer it back to poker the same way you got it on to sports book.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just got on and looked to refresh my memory

On step 3 you will see "Wager amount" click on that arrow and change it to "to risk amount"

It simplifies it.

If that doesn't work it's because the minimum you can "win" has to be $1USD

In other words if you bet $1 at -110 it won't accept the bet because you are only winning 90c on the bet.. So you need to at minimum be betting $1.10 on a -110

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Massey Peabody is huge on Baltimore to win this weekend... I won't pretend for a second to be smarter than those guys but I've just gotta wonder, is that a huge overreaction to Cinci's performance last week? They dropped a huge amount in the power rankings on the back of one game.

Bets so far for this week:

Den SU 2 units @ 1.24
Mia -5.5 1 unit @ 1.91

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Massey Peabody is huge on Baltimore to win this weekend... I won't pretend for a second to be smarter than those guys but I've just gotta wonder, is that a huge overreaction to Cinci's performance last week? They dropped a huge amount in the power rankings on the back of one game.
It's a crazy big drop because it wasn't an event that was precipitated by luck. There weren't weird turnovers, huge backbreaking penalties. The Bengals ran 54 plays, and didn't move the ball at all. Without AJ Green, their offense has been terrible.

I agree with you, it has the potential to be an over-reaction. But it's probably the best case scenario to over-react to. Also, Baltimore has been blowing out teams, and lost a one score game to the Colts. I get where M-P is coming from, and I wouldn't bet the Bengals this week.

Here's my picks that I wrote for the betting pool I'm in.

Chi +6 - It's probably bad to bet against Belichick coming off his mini-bye, but they just lost Chandler Jones, their best pass rusher. Pass rushers are the 2nd most important position to QB, and the Pats still don't convert third downs well. I think the Bears WR's match up well with the Pat's secondary (can't cover height), and the Patriots have benefitted from a lot of fumble luck.

Mia -5.5 - People got all warm & fuzzy because the Jags beat the Browns. But Bortles has been a turnover machine, and they got 3 turnovers from the Browns. This is still the worst team in the NFL. Miami has been pretty good with things the betting public doesn't take into account enough: Defense, and running the football.

Bal +1.5 - This pick has the potential to be a bit of an over-reaction to the past couple of games. But Baltimore has looked dominant, and has the largest point differential in the NFL. AJ Green is still out, and the Bengals have been terrible on offense ever since. When you go 1-13 on third down, and get only 135 yards of offense on a 54 plays, that isn't a small sample size ruining you, you just suck. And I'm putting more of the blame on Cincy's offense than the Colt's D.

Buf +3 - The Jets just came off a mini-bye, but why else should they be considered equal to the Bills? The Bills lost their two RB's, but that's one of the most replaceable positions in the NFL. Bryce Brown is also a legit talent when he's not fumbling. People are over-valuing the Jets close loss to the Patriots as well.

GB +2 - At some point people will have to jump off the New Orleans bandwagon. Their defense is just truly terrible, and is the worst in the league according to DVOA. Drew Brees is playing fine, all his numbers are within his career averages, he's not the issue. But at some point people will have to realize that these aren't the old Saints that had a passable D.

Ten +3 - MMmmm home dog in a divisional game. Mettenberger was great in the preseason (albeit against the 3rd stringers). He's probably not that much worse than Whitehurst. And Houston & Tennessee are roughly the same team in terms of DVOA. JJ Watt gets all the press, but this is still a game of quarterbacks, and if you just call it Fitzpatrick vs. Mettenberger, do you really think the Fitzpatricks should be spotting 3 on the road?

I also kinda like Denver, but the whole public team thing keeps me away. No one's talking about their defense, which is top 3 in the league. Von Miller is looking more like his old self. Somehow the superbowl and losing the rematch to Seattle has knocked the luster off the Broncos, but they're better than last year.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got on and looked to refresh my memory

On step 3 you will see "Wager amount" click on that arrow and change it to "to risk amount"

It simplifies it.

If that doesn't work it's because the minimum you can "win" has to be $1USD

In other words if you bet $1 at -110 it won't accept the bet because you are only winning 90c on the bet.. So you need to at minimum be betting $1.10 on a -110

Ah ok I see now.
Feel so dumb right now.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda like Pitt now that they're getting 3.5.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Kinda like Pitt now that they're getting 3.5.

I think its a little ridiculous Pitt is only getting 3.5... I haven't seen anything out of them except 3 minutes of luck and even after scoring 24 points within 3 minutes they still almost blew it at the end...

That being said Pitt is going to win tomorrow sooooo yeah....

At least they better

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a little ridiculous Pitt is only getting 3.5... I haven't seen anything out of them except 3 minutes of luck and even after scoring 24 points within 3 minutes they still almost blew it at the end...
Sure, they've lost some clunkers to the Browns & Bucs. But Massey-Peabody has the line at -3.8 for the Colts, and their system tends to over-rate blowouts a little too much. They assume teams try equally hard in the 4th quarter of a blowout as they do in the 4th quarter of a close game.

Given that, the Colts have been involved in a bunch of blowouts against not so great teams (Jac, Ten), and then obviously Cincinnati. So M-P might be over-valuing them a bit. Conversely, Pit got shocked by the Browns and Ravens on the road. So M-P might be under-rating them a bit.

Also, having the Colts be 6.5 points better than Pittsburgh is a LOT in the NFL. I don't think I'd make it 4 units or anything, but I don't think I'd back the Colts either.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a Steelers fan and it depends what Steelers team shows up

So far they've been win loss win loss win loss..

Thinking back they took a TD off the board for the Steelers that Brown caught.

If the Steelers Defense plays like they did after the 1st quarter and the offense can find the end zone in the redzone I think the Steelers win by +10

If they play like they did in the first quarter and the beginning of the second quarter they may lose by 10 or more

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like new england today -5.5

I too like the Pats @ home today, they do wonders while in their own back yard.

The Sharps are on CHI apparently, based on emotion. We shall see how it plays out today.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Sharps are on CHI apparently, based on emotion.
Must be your emotions. The sharp money is on Chicago because their best pass rusher is out, and New England's turnover luck is likely to change.

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be your emotions. The sharp money is on Chicago because their best pass rusher is out, and New England's turnover luck is likely to change.

No, not my emotions. I'm sure the Bears organization doesn't care about me.

I was referencing all of the drama that was going on this past week within that group and Marshall speaking his mind to the public. They actually compared it to when everyone was counting out the Pats a couple of weeks back and then they blew out Cincy as a response.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bleh. Thanks Gronk. Getting crushed this week.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers money line

I'm happy =p

Though they sure made me nervous

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Surely you must be joking...

When you fumble twice making a 22 point lead an 8 point lead giving the colts the ball... Yeah was getting a little nervous... Safety Safety Safety I yelled with joy! lol

So far tonight in games I am 12-1 I have packers for otnights game and Cowboys on Monday. losing only the Cinci, Ravens game (so Far) I had the Ravens.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Saints continue to confound me - how is it they barely get by teams like Min and TB, then carry a bunch of injuries into tonight's game and knock off GB like that?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then carry a bunch of injuries into tonight's game and knock off GB like that?
They weren't really hurt. RB injuries don't move the spread, they're easily replaceable. Pass rushers, QB's, left tackles, and elite WR's move the spread. RB's, linebackers, safety, who cares? Next man up.

But yeah, it's the NFL man. That's why most of the sharp bets are ones on the "lesser" team. There's so much parity and the sample sizes are so small, that anytime you think a team is good, inevitably things regress back to all the teams being about the same.

With baseball, you'll see players go 0-30 at the plate when they bat .250. Really strange shit can happen in small sample sizes. And a sample size of 7 or 8 games is nothing. You really don't know much about a team.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I figured the Saints would show up eventually just didn't think it be against the packers thought it would be next week.

Saints are a sleeper playoff team in the NFC.

Steelers are going to win the super bowl though... You heard it here first.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars