Not open for further replies.
Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I know CG players whose use it by purpose, make note about what they 'feed' to their opponents and later on they use it up, so it is a 2 way street, too. And the decision would be still yours. I play mostly tourneys, never show cards, even in any other room, where I could, so it is a small thing for me, but I know those CG guys, never would come in this room without that.

I agree with this 100%, in fact I was going to add an identical statement to my own post, but I got lazy and didn't do it. But I'm very glad you said it.

I absolutely DO use the 'show cards' feature as a part of my strategy, it is extremely helpful towards building a (false) image of yourself at the tables... I'll bluff and then show my outrageous bluff that got thru... and of course, now everybody thinks I'm a manic and will call me down lighter the next time.

As I said earlier... truly a head-scratching decision by ACR. I have my own theory why they did it, one theory is conventional (showing cards slows down the game and decreases the site's rake-per-table-per-hour metric), and one theory isn't conventional (they don't want us to show hands because it exposes a non-random RNG). I'd say its a 99% chance of being the conventional reason, and a 1% chance that its the unconventional one... and I pray I'm wrong about it even being a 1%. chance. :D

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
hi, I have a ticket, but there are no tournaments suitable for it. only one in the lobby and no one plays it. the expiration date is about to expire.
what should I do, what is the way out?
maybe there will be such tournaments?
if not, can I cash out the ticket?
thanks.
2edbf0eec0a9f7fb37f1ce6c861cc7f3.png

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just entered a tournament on ACR, and before I could even play a single hand, I got a popup that says:

"This tournament is currently suspended by the host. Thank you for your patience."

Yeah, great... you're welcome. sigh

I just logged onto ACR and checked my account balance and financial history. I see no refund given for this tournament.

Tournament ID: 22926025
Name: Mega Sat - x8 $16.50 Value Tickets GTD
Session Date: 13:53:45 11/18/2020

I highly advise everyone to check their account history as well, if they did it to me, they probably did it to a lot of players.

I find this sort of thing to be inexcusible for a poker site, since they deducted the tournament fees from my account, and since they KNOW the tournament was cancelled, how come there is no refund?

Now mind you, the tournament only cost me 55 cents. LOL It's not the end of the world for me, but gee whiz, the money isn't the point here. It's something called integrity.

Edit to add: I just realized something... it is entirely possible that the tournament DID run after the site issues were fixed... but if that's the case, then it's a low blow because I sat at my computer staring at a poker table for TWO HOURS!!! waiting for the tournament to run, and finally I shut the ACR client down and went to eat dinner instead. Can you tell us, ACR REP, if all of yesterday's tournaments were all cancelled after the site had their problems?

Last edited:
UnknownJebrone

UnknownJebrone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, I have a ticket, but there are no tournaments suitable for it. only one in the lobby and no one plays it. the expiration date is about to expire.
thanks.
[/QUOTE I'm pretty sure you can't cash in tickets, you should play a tournament before it expires

UnknownJebrone

UnknownJebrone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks.
That on demand is the only $44 tournament I see too. I would contact support, maybe they can give you 2 $22 tickets instead. This is why they should use Tournament Dollars instead of a specific ticket

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just logged onto ACR and checked my account balance and financial history. I see no refund given for this tournament.

Tournament ID: 22926025
Name: Mega Sat - x8 $16.50 Value Tickets GTD
Session Date: 13:53:45 11/18/2020

I highly advise everyone to check their account history as well, if they did it to me, they probably did it to a lot of players.

I find this sort of thing to be inexcusible for a poker site, since they deducted the tournament fees from my account, and since they KNOW the tournament was cancelled, how come there is no refund?

Now mind you, the tournament only cost me 55 cents. LOL It's not the end of the world for me, but gee whiz, the money isn't the point here. It's something called integrity.

Edit to add: I just realized something... it is entirely possible that the tournament DID run after the site issues were fixed... but if that's the case, then it's a low blow because I sat at my computer staring at a poker table for TWO HOURS!!! waiting for the tournament to run, and finally I shut the ACR client down and went to eat dinner instead. Can you tell us, ACR REP, if all of yesterday's tournaments were all cancelled after the site had their problems?

Please be so kind and check our tweet regarding this matter:

https://twitter.com/ACR_POKER/status/1329158573021126657

ACR Rep

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks.
[/QUOTE I'm pretty sure you can't cash in tickets, you should play a tournament before it expires

Hi, please be so kind and contact the department in charge by email to support@winningpokernetwork.com and they will gladly provide you the best solution.

ACR Rep

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please be so kind and check our tweet regarding this matter:

https://twitter.com/ACR_POKER/status/1329158573021126657

ACR Rep

Thank you ACR Rep.

Please realize that not everyone uses Twitter, I don't even have a cell phone.

So that's why this message isn't seen by all players such as myself.

I wish ACR would send important messages thru their poker site directly, instead of using an external site like Twitter. But I'm sure its easier for you guys to just use Twitter, I understand that... but I'd prefer another way, such as a pop-up message telling all the players what happened to cause the issues, and how they will be remedied. I know I'm a dreamer. :D

I'll make a link to the ACR Twitter page in my web browser so I can check it in the future.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi . I want to know why I keep on receiving emails that I am logging on from a different device but I am only using my laptop. And I receive it when I am logging on. Now my account tab is blocked or something. Contact to server has been interrupted.

UnknownJebrone

UnknownJebrone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi . I want to know why I keep on receiving emails that I am logging on from a different device but I am only using my laptop. And I receive it when I am logging on. Now my account tab is blocked or something. Contact to server has been interrupted.
Are you using a VPN or is there any other reason why you're IP address might keep changing?

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

[Edit to add: If by "Account Tab" you mean the ability to check your bankroll balance by clicking on the "MY ACCOUNT" button... then yes, I have also been having trouble with that page for the past few days, it is working right now but earlier today it wasn't working and gave me some kind of error message.]

This happens to me a lot too... and my IP address NEVER EVER EVER changes, its been the same 4 numbers since about 2015.

So whenever I try to log into ACR and get this message, it means that there was a problem on ACR's end (not on your end).

Here is my routine for logging into ACR and I believe it is important to follow...
1. Open the ACR software and I should not get prompted for my username and password. If it does put the login box asking for my username and password on the screen, then I know something has gone wrong and I shut ACR down and then re-start it.
2. If I didn't get the log-in popup box, then I still have to check the ACR application itself to see if I logged in successfully or not. In the extreme upper left of the window, it should say "AmericasCardRoom Lobby Logged in as Alizona" Obviously Alizona is my username, you will see your own username there. If I see that, then I know I'm fully logged in properly and now I can go play poker.
3. If I don't see the words "Logged in as Alizona", then something went wrong and I shut down the ACR software and re-start it.

I estimate I have to do this once or twice per week, and sometimes I'll get that popup as well about "You have logged in from a new IP address" (which is NOT true), and ACR sends me an email about it. I simply delete the email, it is meaningless.

ACR has always had these issues, but it has gotten better since they installed version two of their software... but it still does happen infrequently and so you have to follow a similar method to mine.

If you are currrently locked out completely, that is rather odd and it is not something I have experienced before on ACR, so the Rep will have to speak about that aspect. Best wishes.

jokerjim65

jokerjim65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who thought of this disaster??

WPN is my favorite site, but man are the structures really getting bad. This is micro stakes, are you trying to chase micro players away? There is no such crap like pay bumps every two players high stakes down to low. Wtf is this garbage?

Also, where is the 2 hr Sunday morning 100K GTD for $100+9 buyin? That always covered and then some.

What happened to the MTTs?

KiToMan

KiToMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to the Sunday Brawl?

Can the ACR rep comment on that? I was happy to have qualified earlier this week to this coming Sunday's Sunday Brawl, but now, I don't see it in the tournament lobby! was it cancelled? and if yes, will the players who made it to day 2 get a refund?

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are few cryptocurrency sites you can buy and exchange. Coinbase (www.coinbase.com). they will need to verify your account (picture of driver license, check, a recent bill with your name and address). These verifications are very common to ensure you are not a "ghost". Once you do that, you can purchase bitcoin directly and then transfer it to the ACR. I recommend reading (or watching) videos from ACR about bitcoin transactions. You start with the ACR deposit, they ask you how much (plus-minus), and they will give you a one-time bitcoin address. Copy and paste, and put it in the Coinbase "Send" address.
ACR has a decent video explaining the entire process
FYI you shouldn't send from coinbase directly to ACR because it's against coinbase TOS and they will block your account if they find out

better to send it to a wallet like Electrum and then to ACR ;)

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FYI you shouldn't send from coinbase directly to ACR because it's against coinbase TOS and they will block your account if they find out

better to send it to a wallet like Electrum and then to ACR ;)
What is TOS?
Arent they charging a fee every time you move money?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can the ACR rep comment on that? I was happy to have qualified earlier this week to this coming Sunday's Sunday Brawl, but now, I don't see it in the tournament lobby! was it cancelled? and if yes, will the players who made it to day 2 get a refund?

The Sunday Brawls were taken out for the week. People already qualified to Day 2 were refunded according to TOS.

We will have them back next week, apologies and thanks for the comprehension.

ACR Rep

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who thought of this disaster??

WPN is my favorite site, but man are the structures really getting bad. This is micro stakes, are you trying to chase micro players away? There is no such crap like pay bumps every two players high stakes down to low. Wtf is this garbage?

Also, where is the 2 hr Sunday morning 100K GTD for $100+9 buyin? That always covered and then some.

What happened to the MTTs?

Hi, first of all, we will be more than glad to consider your valuable feedback if you avoid from using foul language when express your comments and toughs.

Please note that Sunday schedule is under review and some tournaments may come back or in a similar version. Regarding the rest of the tournaments and MTT's, we are constantly doing changes based on business decisions, however, we are open to hear all our players suggestions.

ACR Rep.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terms of service

They're not allowed to do gambling stuff

Costs a small amount to move but better than losing your coinbase account D:

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of it. Do you know if the Cash App offers the service? I would use coinbase to buy bitcoin, move it to cash ap, move it to ACR. Or is there a "less painful" way to deposit/withdraw from ACR?

jokerjim65

jokerjim65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, first of all, we will be more than glad to consider your valuable feedback if you avoid from using foul language when express your comments and toughs.

Please note that Sunday schedule is under review and some tournaments may come back or in a similar version. Regarding the rest of the tournaments and MTT's, we are constantly doing changes based on business decisions, however, we are open to hear all our players suggestions.

ACR Rep.
??

Lol, not said in malice or anger. Trying to make a point.

Many of the recent schedule changes the last month or so make no sense. What is the point of having mini pay jumps every 2 places? The structures invite all the last minute entries and then they just time down, disconnect, and its whole tables of them. They just make no sense.

As I said, WPN is my favorite site and I generate a lot of volume. These changes male no sense. Freezeouts are greatvpr you change the crazy pay jumps. The 4K for $8 has thirty players join the last minute because if it. Now, it takes us an hour to get ITM. To go from 54 paid to 90 is just ridiculous when you take into account that there are 90-95 players at that point. The games and structures were great. The 9 level satellites all day, awesome. Two hours of 6 minute levels? Terrible.

I've played ten years on the site. I assist with handing in botfarms well before making anything public. Have talked with and like Phil, etc.... I'm being constructive.

FWIW, that Sunday 100K GTD with 2 hr late reg was the best structure and most fun game to play of the week. It covered, not monkey shove after late reg, plenty of BBs to play the game, and ended in a fair timeframes.

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of it. Do you know if the Cash App offers the service? I would use coinbase to buy bitcoin, move it to cash ap, move it to ACR. Or is there a "less painful" way to deposit/withdraw from ACR?
Cash app isnt a wallet (google hot wallets. I recommend electrum, it's free and simple)

Also doesnt make sense to buy from coinbase and send to cashapp since u can buy bitcoin directly on cashapp

also IDK if cash app allows gambling so u would have to send to a wallet anyway

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kept getting kicked out also.Im about ready to just say the hell with acr.Im so sick of the bad beat,i know its part of the game,but way to many happen at acr.I played 3 tourneys today,after late runs in all ,and only 6 from the money in the last one,you guessed another bad beat.It happens to me all the time.I just cant see if this was an even playing ground it would happen all the time.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fight club tournament canceled after playing 19 levels and qualifying for day 2

Feeling like an idiot, after playing 19 tournament levels and qualifying for day 2 ACR cancels and returns only the buyin, a very unpleasant situation. I don't care about the buyin value, but the work it took to play and arrive with a lot of chips in the second phase. Now they came back with the fight club as if nothing had happened. I contacted support, and just forgot to ask why they canceled the tournament?

Attachments

• passei pro dia 2 sabado as 18 horas 0.10  500 GTD.jpg
    passei pro dia 2 sabado as 18 horas 0.10 500 GTD.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 25
Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something strange going on, I still have not been refunded from Wednesday's site issues that cancelled all running tournaments... and the oddest thing is, ACR Support did indeed contact me via email, but they claimed that I was issued a refund for $55 when the buy-in was only $0.55. I wrote him back and told him I don't see any refund in my account, and informed him that he made a typo... and no, I wasn't given $55 that I don't deserve... so what the heck is going on? Still waiting, and yes I know its not worth all this hassle over a measly 55 cents... but that's not the point, its the principle of the thing. You'd think ACR would just give me my 55 cents to make me go away, but all of this confusion makes me think they are unable to verify who bought in and who didn't. How long am I supposed to keep waiting for support? Forever?

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feeling like an idiot, after playing 19 tournament levels and qualifying for day 2 ACR cancels and returns only the buyin, a very unpleasant situation. I don't care about the buyin value, but the work it took to play and arrive with a lot of chips in the second phase. Now they came back with the fight club as if nothing had happened. I contacted support, and just forgot to ask why they canceled the tournament?

I made the money in one of the Sunday Brawls, and after about 8 (? my best guess) hours of play (including the 19 levels of Day One), my prize was so tiny that I swore I would never ever play those things again.

For the massive size of the playing field, which makes a relatively massive prize pool... the hours required to get to the bulk of that prize pool at the final table just does not seem like good value or a good use of my time. It's a shame because I LOVE the format and the whole idea of daily qualifiers to a weekly event... but as it exists currently, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.