Just how random ARE the random card generators in poker?

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great topic and answers. I read all and love it! But still don't know if I really should trust online poker site or don't. Humans lie and we cannot fully trust in anything made by humans, specially with money on the line

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What PM? I haven't received anything.
Oh, I sent you a PM but wasn't sure I'd gotten the username correct, I'll resend it..

You're admiring my posts? Oh it can't be, cause i'm such a ....... well, you know, cause since you know what I know, then you must also know that I know what I wanted to type there .:cool:
Yup and yup! :)

... From all other objective points of view 100% of poker players are losers, they lose time, they lose money, they work for a program, they're not doing anything useful for the society in general and for themselves too...
How about either pro players who contribute money to good causes or even start charitable organisations themselves, or whose very goal in winning at poker was to do the suchlike? As for what they do for themselves- the joy of the game..? :)

Can you explain what exactly do you mean by saying "alternate suggestions" ? Can you find these suggestions in what I've typed above, or you had something else in mind?

Well, what would you recommend someone pursue instead of poker? Five options... :)

R

Riggdetective

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve noticed on many occasions that ignition and Bovada seem to not be very random at all. I can almost call it every time. Example if I get AK, AQsuited guareenguatenteed im going against AA or KK, almost every time. I avoid playing on both sites anymore. You can feel it in your gut somethings going on,

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, I sent you a PM but wasn't sure I'd gotten the username correct, I'll resend it..

Yup and yup! :)

How about either pro players who contribute money to good causes or even start charitable organisations themselves, or whose very goal in winning at poker was to do the suchlike? As for what they do for themselves- the joy of the game..? :)

Well, what would you recommend someone pursue instead of poker? Five options... :)

Things become much clearer if we find something to compare with. Couple of years ago someone compared poker table with a bicycle full of clowns running on high speed. Yeah, a single bicycle with 9 clowns playing pickpocketing championship during the ride. Can you imagine such abstract and ridiculous thing? Can you compare it with the poker table? I can not disagree that in general all ideas are the same, at the poker table and at the bicycle. Some idiotic idea is important for participants... they love the competition.... they act like clowns... total sum that they have invested is not getting bigger, so wealth is not growing...

As for the charitable organisations. I don't know why people trust them, during past century it was obvious that often such things are nothing but a con. Today majority of such organisations are designed to 1)spread the word = advertise something 2)give more influence to some people 3)surveys and free test. Not a single organisation has solved hunger problem in the world so far... Why? Maybe it's not their interest. Also poker player is a liar, he has to bluff often to win, also he has to be a good actor. Would trust your money to a liar, who wants your money for his charity?? I would better go and feed homeless with my money to see exactly where it goes to, then giving money to a liar.

Five options? I can't say for sure... what i know for sure is that I'll be driving to metal base in 10 minutes, will have to order a truck with driver and will buy approx 1800kg of steel pipes and sheets, and will spend rest of the day talking to welders while plasma machine that i've built will be cutting necessary things out of sheet metal. And I'll think of 5 options you're asking for.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I am very new to poker online and I would like to know how true of a reflection of reality the random card generators are on poker sites.

Many thanks

Jack

It has happened many times that when I face the player with the most chips, I definitely lose, No matter if I have AA.:(:(

B

B E Z ON ME

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away fromchip leader hes got those chips for a reason his seat is hot a d he cant miss.if u got aces push u push against 100 chip leaders like that with aces and 70 of them you'll win.unless your just the unluckiest guy in the world.and if that's the case play slots u eont win at that either but you'll be able to check out all the pretty lights....

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really? Why? I always though that there is no need and no place for such tolerance here at CC!
I'm very positive in my life and keep trying to put some joke or sarcasm in my posts here, or even trying to chew things up like if i'm talking to some child :D That's why i actually was thinking that my post may insult you BUT i haven't stopped and posted it, and I don't feel sorry about it. Cause if this tolerance will go on, then next year we'll be bringing "heavy apologies" for not saying "sorry" before saying "hi". I hope that you're also not having any hard feelings, and why don't we just throw some liquid sh!t to the propeller of this thread's theme? It's much more fun, isn't it?

Just to clear this up, this post and the one following it were actually meant sarcastically.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just to clear this up, this post and the one following it were actually meant sarcastically.

Finally we begin to understand that French language, I'm glad that it's all clear now :icon_flow

40r0np.jpg

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away fromchip leader hes got those chips for a reason his seat is hot a d he cant miss.if u got aces push u push against 100 chip leaders like that with aces and 70 of them you'll win.unless your just the unluckiest guy in the world.and if that's the case play slots u eont win at that either but you'll be able to check out all the pretty lights....

Hi!

I’ve already experienced that whoever has the most chips needs to stay away from it. But I’ve always been very happy to run him all in because he doesn’t show better than AA. I thought I could finally double my chips. In many cases, this has not been the case. :( I still think I'm not going to throw it away if I get into this situation again. It will happen so much that I'll get more excited and hope to win the party.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I don't believe it. Don't know why I even play online. Play alot of freerolls so it dosent cost me. Learned the hard way, $$. Just play for the entertainment now.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its as random as random can get! �� ��

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Random number generators are exactly that. Hopefully the network admins are trustworthy. I like to think they are, even though past history can lead one to think the opposite. Large tournament money still presents some skepticism at times for me.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the RNG as a poker card deal is, ideally, (and mainly at most sites) programmed like this:

It simulates a human shuffling. Period. It is random, as in it virtually changes the order of the cards every hand. It will, IMHO, never match the randomness of human card game dealing. A random computer dealer will be like a drummer compared to a drum machine (maybe a bad example as the right programmer can do wonders but...), or a human compared to a robot. The RNG will reorder the cards. But, just like most computer drums, most robots, you say "yea, reall close, actually quite good but it is not EXACTLY the same".

Things like a sleepy dealer who unconsciously shuffles badly or whatever. The computer will not, yet anyway, simulate human coincidence or mistakes. It is perfectly random.

Which is actually fine.

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure anymore I played pokerstars for a lot of years and cashed quite a bit. I developed my game watched streamers and took courses to improve. Regardless of how my play developed I could not win more than I lost on pokerstars website. This is over an 8 year period. I now play a different site which is softer there isnt as much action but in a month and a half I am up $600 and I am not redepositing. There isn't nearly as many bad beats and I don't have as many suck outs on others like I do every time I play pokerstars. I do believe pokerstars generator is geared to create more action for all the players to encourage people playing and depositing more money.

If the room is geared to create more action, Therefore it is not random.
I have the same experience as the TS.
And read poeple bankroll journey that he could cashed more with other rooms.
After reading your comment, i will likely to try other rooms than pokerstars.
Pokerstars is Too big to fail. No need to make it such a big deal about pokerstars is rigged or not. Just change your rooms.
If everyone do that. Who knows what happen with pokerstars.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that they are so random that the probability of drawing a poker is one of 100, which is why it is always more than everyone thinks of it as luck.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many doubts about that friend, but you will never know how random it will be, the algorithms can obviously be prefixed, so although we can programs that are random we could also set and program certain parameters, at least this is my humble opinion and that they still generate me many doubts, anyway it turns out the same for all players, that's where the result will be random.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

thaleshpa

thaleshpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust the sites. There is no reason for them to rig the cards. They make their money fair and square no matter the result, as long as people play. Also, rigging the cards may make people upset and draw them away from the servers.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it doesn't seem that random. I just think that in live poker there aren't as many crimes as is happening in online poker.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing as true randomness when it comes to computing. Everything is pseudorandom but there are things that can be done to increase randomness with seeding and other mathematical tricks.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would create an array simply put it is like a box with 52 boxes in it. I would load that array with the 52 cards randomly by using a random number generator....

You can't say that the shuffle is "random" because you use a "random number generator" to do the shuffle....

The question is how you generate a "random" number in a computer. NOTHING in a computer is random. It is all exact. If you know the starting circumstances you can exactly predict a computers behavior...

You have to create a way to mimic "randomness" in a totally predictable system.
The question is how good programmers are at this. So you would have to proof that the "RNG" is really generating unpredictable outcomes. The fact that someone else called the function "random number generator" is no such proof....

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve noticed on many occasions that ignition and Bovada seem to not be very random at all. I can almost call it every time. Example if I get AK, AQsuited guareenguatenteed im going against AA or KK, almost every time. I avoid playing on both sites anymore. You can feel it in your gut somethings going on,

How do you play AK - AQ ?

You probably raise pre-flop, don't you ?

So of course you find yourself up against AA or KK a lot of the times
where you actually get called. Because people with Q9 off rather fold to
your bet. Especially if people think you are tight.

This observation doesn't say much about the quality of the shuffle.
It's natural because (most) people will only enter a big pot with great cards.

Just call with with AK - AQ and all of a sudden you will start being up against
mediocre hands more often. Who will then beat you with a miracle runner runner...