Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Still optimistic/hopeful that this'll happen for me someday... :giggle:

A little from column A and a little from column B would certainly be tempting but likely counterproductive psychological 'traps'.

As others have mentioned, the best approach would be to focus on the/your game without overly adjusting. Regardless of being borne from reverence or the desire to bust said pro...

'Fanboy' out etc. after bagging up for the day/when play is finished... ;)

Wouldn't go out of my way to try and eliminate them unless the opportunity presented itself organically.

Always a mistake to try and bust a specific player for almost any reason, perhaps with the excpetion of having noted that they're wildly LAG or similar... :geek:

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would try to spend as much time as possible communicating with him and watching him play. For me, it would be an opportunity to learn something more. I would show him the utmost respect and would never try to compete with him. If there were game moments in those cases when we were left alone in hands, I would simply play according to the game and would not try to surpass my idol and show that I am somehow better than him. I would be interested in understanding what kind of person he is, in addition to the fact that he plays poker well. I would value every minute spent with him.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hahaha what an awesome topic ;-)

1. I would try to have a really nice small talk with him
2. Im not a fanboy/fangirl( this is something for members under 16) but i would have a solid respect playing side by side with my poker idol
3. If he is involved in the same hand with me while holding a monster, i would try my luck to bust him out(hard&ugly :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always wanted to play against some Poker Superstars, Doyle Brunson being my number one, Who I have learned a lot about reading his books, I don't really know how I would react at meeting him but I always wanted to visit Vegas and although I couldn't play in Doyle's Room, (stakes to high) Just being in the place where he played would be amazing.
Phil Helmuth however is another subject, I would love nothing more than to take him out of a Tournament and see one of his temper tantrums, up close and personal.:)

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course I would try to KO all Pro players at the table:cool:

oriole

oriole

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
My favorite poker pro is Tom Dwan. I’d definitely ask for a picture, but I’d try to stay cool and not overdo it. He’s known for being pretty talkative, so I’d love to have a casual conversation with him while trying my best to stay focused on the game. It would be an exciting challenge to play against him, but I’d also want to enjoy the experience of chatting with one of the greats.

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We are rivals at the table and everyone wants to knock each other out of the game. So I would try to keep myself cool. Of course I could also take pictures but only after the game.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would try to make him want a picture with me.. :cool: just kidding of course. :giggle:😅 I don't know, I would probably try not to get distracted by his aura of a super poker player and by the admiration for him, and in the end I would definitely stay to immortalize this unique moment in a picture.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

545690ffb71e89c942e0e91980b52efd.png

Thanks to @billibooo for the topic idea

I would be happy, I would watch how he would play each hand, but the ultimate goal would be to eliminate him from the tournament and then ask for some advice, take a photo and such lol

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If my favorite poker player shows up at my table, I would try to hide my excitement to maintain a serious atmosphere. Plus, I would have an interesting advantage, as I know much more about him than he knows about me, haha

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will stay cool and will enjoy the game trying to have some small talk and it will be my pleasure to play against him and if I win even just one hand I will be really happy

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

545690ffb71e89c942e0e91980b52efd.png

Thanks to @billibooo for the topic idea
I'm cool with all celebrities. I will never run to ask for a photo or anything else. Because I myself am shy and secondly, I just don’t want to make a person uncomfortable. I'd just play poker like I always do.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I definitely would not fanboy out. (A) Because they are just another person who happens to be be really good at poker/ (B) I would want them to respect me and due to imposter syndrome and other reasons, no one respects a person who looks up to them with stars in their eyes. I would try to wait for a good hand to try and take them on at least one good hand. Although chances are the situation might cause me to want it too bad and make a mistake. I think of Matt Damon's character in rounders when he sits down with Jonny Chan and thinks he's ready after winning a big hand on a bluff.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would enjoy the challenge but my favorite player has already passed on sadly,but if it was possible i would give him my very best game that,s for sure.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would ask for a selfie and try to have a little chat with him or her.
I see no reason to hide my admiration and miss the opportunity. And if i felt he is labeling me as an "amateur" for doing this, I would try to take advantage of that image during the game.

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I acted naturally, as if I were just another player, but as soon as I finished I would talk to him and ask for a photo.

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would stay calm and try my best to take the celebrity out of the game. I think it would give me incredible satisfaction.

zands3

zands3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it would be a valid experience for the game... Despite the admiration for the professional in question, I would play as equals (without fear), but I have no doubt that mentally the idea is to overcome the opponent... Now succeeding, beating, or being at a table with any of them hasn't happened today!

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not ask for an autograph or a photo. I would just try to win the tournament. Winning would be the best reward for me :)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would geek out and lose the desire to win, it would be too much for me to sit next to
a good-looking Ho, I would ask Maria for everything I could get :ROFLMAO: and offer a home-cooked breakfast :love:
Side by side

say Chris Ferguson sat next to me I would give the normal star treatment but try to
act like a disciplined poker player :love:

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would geek out and lose the desire to win, it would be too much for me to sit next to
a good-looking Ho, I would ask Maria for everything I could get :ROFLMAO: and offer a home-cooked breakfast :love:

say Chris Ferguson sat next to me I would give the normal star treatment but try to
act like a disciplined poker player :love:
What would you feed her? A yomamma omelette?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you never know, if she enjoyed the steak then it would definitely be a option :p

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
once I played against Jason koon I lost a flip and lost a fulltilt ko pro t-shirt never lucky

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would certainly stick my toes in my hands! Kkk
I wouldn't be able to concentrate... but I would do my best! Possibly the meeting with Daniel Negreanu would be at a final table!!

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think if I managed to take a professional player out of the game, that would be the most valuable trophy for me. I would definitely try to do it :)