I can't imagine this situation:oops: :confused:

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in 2017 i won a package at WSOPE -- at my Table i hadSteven van Zadelhoff, Maria Ho and Kristen Bicknell--both gave signs in my Book and selfiees later

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not ask for a picture with my favorite pro if he were to show up at my table. I have al=ready met him and have one with him already.

I have played with pros online and live. Online is easier as you don't really think about it. Live is a different story. In my one and only World Poker Tour main event I was seated in position with Shaun Deeb for 8 hours. I was not in awe or anything but I did talk with him a bit. The thing is I did watch him intently. I will tell you one thing, I learned a lot about his play and a top pros play. It was amazing how he avoided players with big hands, controlled the table and where someone went after him he would with no fear put them back into there place. While I did outlast him I also dis pull off a bluff with him. Now he was way over loose this day and I knew he was wide there is nothing so terrifying of seeing your favorite bluff hand and getting raise by Shaun and just taking a chance to 3bet him and watch him fold. When i think back to my play that day he has to put me on a big hand but it was so cool getting away with that one.
Would I like to play live against my favorite pro? Yes I would.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Once, I found myself seated next to Chris Moneymaker during a WCOOP tournament. Although it was online and not in person, my focus wasn't on fanboying or admiration. Instead, a more competitive instinct kicked in—I was determined to take him out of the game. It felt less about the thrill of sitting beside a poker legend and more about proving I could go head-to-head with him.

I should have stayed as a fanboy. Screenshot below shows the result, hahaha.

WCOOP with Moneymaker

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

545690ffb71e89c942e0e91980b52efd.png

Thanks to @billibooo for the topic idea
Professional player at the table are a problem. He complicates everything, and it would definitely be necessary to try to neutralise him, which is what I would do in the first place.
You could treat him to alcohol, or attract beautiful girls who could distract him, or put laxatives in his tea, or make an anonymous call and report an explosive in the poker room (at least then there would be a chance to get your buy-in back).

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

I would definitely keep my cool and try to outsmart/outplay him/her if I get the chance.

T

TheTiger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I think that if I had my favorite player at the same table, I would try to hide my fanaticism by showing them that we are on the same level and that I feel confident.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would ask for a picture but of course AFTER winning the FT :)
Honestly I am not very familiar with Poker Pros, as I don`t watch them online on TV too often.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't like anyone that much to have my fangirl mode activated. I've never actually understood this obsession with celebrities, desire to take a photo with a famous person or chase for their autographs. So in this sense, I would be unfazed. It's another topic that I probably be nervous to have a high stakes pro at my table, and will be sitting there trying in my head to talk myself out of playing too tight :ROFLMAO:

seiya1989

seiya1989

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would simply greet him and tell him that he is someone I admire and respect. then I would just continue with my game

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
My favourite poker pro does not play anymore.
I sat at the table with her quite often though but all we were doing was stuff like drinking coffee or a beer , having a barbecue and enjoy the weather.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
At the same table, I forget that I'm a fan of this pro player, I won't ask for a photo with him, it's not bad to have a soft chat but the most important thing is to do it bust.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As I am distracted, I would not notice, if I did I would say my, God died, because he has already died

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
something personal about me, I don't have much idolatry for anyone far from my circle.
If I were to face someone whose videos I follow on YT, I would try to be nice and cordial, and then take all their chips, without mercy.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It wouldn't affect my game at all, I would try to play the best poker I could whether they were there or not. As far as asking them for an autograph or picture, I have never done that before with anyone so I probably wouldn't do that either.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can’t imagine such a case even in your dreams... How this game is for me and only peace of mind . I'll play with caution and wait for a good hand. And of course, after the tournament, take a selfie with your idol

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would play against him the same way that I play against anyone else , no chip dumping , no silly play , be focused as if he was anyone else . After the end of the game , I might try to get a picture with him )))

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. Unfortunately or fortunately, I don't have any idols to look up to, but I do have a few great players who pique my interest; if we were at the same table, I would probably try my best to hold back any excitement, observe their game, as their level of mastery would influence my decision-making and help me keep track of my own. Then, during the break, I would most likely ask for an autograph.

T

thejuice1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
obviously, i would be a little star struck at first and think it was very cool. but after about 30 seconds, id be over that and then i would just want to accomplish 2 things after that 1) strike up conversations with them and get to know them as a person better and possibly end up becoming friends and 2)take their $ :)

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would definitely be happy, but I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to test my poker skills against a great professional, even to find out where I am as a player.

So I certainly wouldn't lose focus and would play as concentrated as I've never played before.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

I'll let him know that I'm a fan, and after the game I'd like to take a picture, so I may have a chance to have a little talk.

There's a ps team pro living from my city, and I recognize the zone where he lives when he live stream. I'm always paying attention if I see him when I'm around 😅 not as a stalker tho.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
would be amazing to slow roll Phil Helmuth with the nuts, he would tilt for life.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately that is no longer possible as Doyle Brunson passed away :( but I would love to play some hands with them and learn from their experience. After the match I would ask for the picture lol.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once, I found myself seated next to Chris Moneymaker during a WCOOP tournament. Although it was online and not in person, my focus wasn't on fanboying or admiration. Instead, a more competitive instinct kicked in—I was determined to take him out of the game. It felt less about the thrill of sitting beside a poker legend and more about proving I could go head-to-head with him.

I should have stayed as a fanboy. Screenshot below shows the result, hahaha.

View attachment 369917
At least you died bluffing!:ROFLMAO:
Admirable!
He was at my table in a Venom at ACR, mind you, my table. LOL
So I took some chips from him in some bluffs and they moved me to another table, because it was already getting ugly for him.;)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jason Mercier is my favorite player. If I were at the same table with him, I would definitely try to knock him out of the game. It's unlikely that I would have succeeded, but I would have been willing to take the risk. Of course, after the game I would ask for an autograph :)