Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

545690ffb71e89c942e0e91980b52efd.png

Thanks to @billibooo for the topic idea

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I would not let my excitement overpower me to a point of losing my focus in the game. I would actually be more aggressive at my poker pro to eliminate him out if possible 😀

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were to play against my favorite poker player, I think I would have great emotions, but at the same time I would try to give my best.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table? Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

I would try to stay calm and try to take them out of the game.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is am not really fond of celebrities. If my favorite poker pro ended up seated in my table, I can only treat him like any other player that I meet in the table. Sure, I like the way he plays but I admire people for their character.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I do not have any favorite poker pro. If you play against me you are an opponent, simple as that.
Still, knowing my opponent's skill level could have some psychological subconscious effect on me, who knows?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be all fanboy, take picture after picture and ask this and that untill that pro starts to roll his eyes. Then I would go on and ask if we could be friends in real life and if I could get a staking offer.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would keep my cool and try not to go bust before the break, then i would ask him if i could take a picture with him.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are 1 of up to 9 players playing poker at the same table - poker is the great equalizer in that if you want to play against your favourite pros, you can. At the PSPC I was at the same table as both Dan Smith and Jeremy Ausmus and didn't feel out of my element against them. Once the day was over I went and shook their hand but at the end of the day, they were just Dan and Jeremy among 6 others with me. Gotta keep your head in the game

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely try to beat him, it would be the biggest challenge.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are people like you and me.
I would play my game that is the option there, anything else gives out too much information.
If I can get him out of the game fine if not, ok. But no extra efforts to get involved into hands with him.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table?
Wow, it would be really cool if I could sit at the same table as Daniel Negreanu. I would try not to get nervous, but it would be a difficult task. I would definitely be an easy read for him, but I wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to take a photo, which would be a great prize.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course your gunna have a little fan boy moment.

But after that focus soon turns back to the game and there just another player on your table who's chips you are looking to acquire.

If you bust them bonus then you ask for the pic just for the needle see if they will do it through gritted teeth or be like hell no.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic; or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game
Neither of the above.
It would definitely be more than just a surprise, but I would play "my" game, the way I always do. One little advantage though, I wouldn't waste any time observing him/her since I already have an idea about their style. I also would try to stay out of their way unless I'm holding a good hand in position. But at the break, I might ask for a pic if I have an opportunity.

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take photos, request autographs, and play poker.

Have you ever thought there's a bounty for taking it off the table? Lol

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would pay them the ultimate respect of trying to bust them out as all poker players should, keep it cool, be polite, engage if engaged with - try not to be that guy who fan boys it to death.
The at the end ask for his or her merch, a photo, his/her jacket, sign my everything...yeah real cool :ROFLMAO:

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

ya not me i dont look up to people like that honestly fred lynn ruined that for me as 8 year old went to tiger red sox game he was rookie of year got rice yzstremski fisk luis tiant autographs sitting on red sox dugout side...fred lynn said come to fenway WTF really im 8 ...ate breakfast with hulk hogan for like 8 years in florida...ive never asked for autograph in life met magic johnson when won 2nd championship in a row in Michigan etc..they just people i realized that....maybe if met someone like gandhi or something it would mean more lol....but ya played johnny chan plenty of pros was intimidated by chan he reads too well...doyle was like nicest man alive talked about my history with him of guns dominos pizza owners and let him talk true amazing nice man etc....so no...now if met heather graham back in day in poker with crush I had hahhaa might of proposed on spot haha

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Question 1: What would you do if your favorite poker pro ended up seated at your table?

Answer 1: Continue to play if the games are still good. That a poker pro just sat down makes the table worse - but if one or two fishes are left I would continue.

Question 2: Would geek out and be the ultimate fanboy or fangirl, gushing over them, asking for a pic;

Answer 2: I don't really have any favorite players anymore in the sense that I idolize them. I respect the skills of several pros and a few can be entertaining to watch (and listen to). But I interact with them in a "normal" way.

Question 3: or would try to keep your cool and make it your to take them out of the game?

Answer 3: I would try to don't be affected by the pro's presence and continue to play as good poker as I can - and target the bad players at the table.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would ask for a photo and then try to get him out of the game.
At first my favorite poker player was isuldur1 Viktor Blom, now my favorite player is belabacsi Péter Traply, because he started playing freerolls, and now he is a pro.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think I'd want to take them out of the game... unless there was a bounty on them,
they used to have bounty games on Doyles Room and Full Tilt way back when and that was
always fun when you got a pro on your table..., I think if it was someone I liked I'd want them
to stay a while and play.... no pics please lol👍

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
At first I would feel enthusiasm and sports excitement, then I hope that I would calm down and start to analyze his game.... and try to knock him out.) Photo, of course it is a necessary thing, but better video, to prepare for the game with him next time ))))

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have a favourite player. Therefore, any professional at my table would be considered by me as a dangerous opponent. And of course, if I managed to knock him out of the game, I would get double the pleasure :)