What's your guilty pleasure in poker?

s0ftdumps

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Tell us the hand you know you should be folding pre-flop but you just can't resist playing. How much would need to be bet for you to lay it down? (Give an example of what your hand is - mine is Q9 suited).

af655b48c00f9858d7c76eca800214de.png

Thanks to @belladonna05 for this topic idea.
Over betting when I have excellent odds and not taking it to showdown

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Over betting when I have excellent odds and not taking it to showdown
@s0ftdumps

I understand that is a poker play issue however this question is which hands do you play irrespective of the game, so as I said I play 44 whenever I get it and in position, even if I have them and the flop is A, K Q - but cant lay it down.

Which is your hand?

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For some reason i have a hard time folding :kh4::jh4: not sure why but i do. Anyway most times the larger the bet the more i want too call so there really is no limit for me to fold :giggle:.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hate folding all pocket pairs, even facing a raise or 2

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i like k7offsuit . i won a huge hand with it in the late 80s and it became known in our small group as 'the Skateboard hand'

ms_attack

ms_attack

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My favorite hand is 97s which I don't fold even on a 3-bet before the flop even though it's a clear fold.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s a bit strange to talk about secret pleasures in poker, but if you think about it, such a feeling really exists. When you enter a hand with a marginal hand and hit a strong combination on the flop, you can "spin" your opponent to the last street, putting him on a large part of his stack or even his entire stack.

Alternatively, by sensing the stage of the tournament and the state of other players, you can attack with "air" from both "barrels." It’s not always a pre-flop steal — such moments can arise in other situations as well. The key is to feel the game and seize the opportunities! 🤗💓

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The connected hand is adequate whenever there is a high bet, I know that I must give up this one and my guilty pleasure.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I would say i like 2-10s and J-8 suited, usually i play them when there is less action preflop, just to see the flop and hopefully getting a flush draw.
If a villain is raising to 3,5 or 4 BB preflop i fold these hands usually, when im on position and there is only villain you can give it a try sometimes.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never considered it a guilty pleasure but KTs is almost impossible for me to lay down. I have won a couple of the biggest pots I ever won with this hand. So it's kind of my "lucky" hand I guess for lack of a better term. I'll pay to see the flop with this in times I probably would have laid down a better hand.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My hand is AJs, I open the pot with a 2.5. BB preflop, and it hurts very often, when I get reraised this hand preflop from any position.
With more then 20 BB stack you will have to reraise with 8 BB+ than I would lay down the hand.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I tend to get out of line if perceive weakness with suited A-2/3/4/5.

Blockers to Aces and can still make NF or wheels.

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't even know what to say! it all depends on the opponents, the course of the game, as well as the level of the game and the prizes that I apply for.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
T and 9 is tempting for me... it's a hand that fits well! Kkk

szabooom

szabooom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ZA
Chips
I have an unhealthy obsession with getting paid playing any variety of 6 9, hit quads and trips recently and literally got a guy to give up chip leader in 2 hands because of the tilt

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When my whisky and cigar are payed for by the weeks end.
Having a good week.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's the K8 suits pre flop up to about 3.5bb I call hahahah and I often still win

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mine is also something like Q-9 suited, 10-9 suited, J-10 suited, K-10 suited and how much would have to be bet for me to fold is exactly the problem I have with these hands. I don't know!
It depends on the number of players in the hand and varies "as the mood takes me" from day to day.