cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It seems that sometimes I can feel the energy of each hand, the one that most of the time gets me into a trap is JJ

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Could write a saga of novels on my various collections of guity pleasures, but shall try to rein myself in and keep it succint... :ROFLMAO:

If the OP hadn't been read properly, the answer would probably be playing naked or high as a kite... :sneaky:

However, having a better idea of the premise...

There are still plenty of guilty pleasures to draw on:-

Any combination of diamond wheel cards really...

:ad4::5d4: is my favourite starting hand (excluding monsters) and by association any combination of 2d, 3d, 4d as well as the ace and five are close to irresistable...

79s is another and, ultimately, any suited connectors really!

On the scale of things these pleasures are relatively innocent, right? :D

~EDiT:- With regards to how much has to be bet to fold such hands, probably a touch more than 'usual' but fairly confidient I don't get too carried away with defending such holdings if someone puts out large raises...

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
:3h4: :2h4:
It's impossible to throw it away, but they often lose:ROFLMAO:

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have a hand that I would call big raises with, in a situation where I would understand that it would be better to fold. I like many hands, for example, I really like suited connectors, such as 76 or 89, I know that if I call a raise on such cards and hit the flop, then it will be very difficult to read me. But here it all depends on the size of someone else's raise. If it is 3bb, then I will call. If it is 4bb or 3bet or 4bet, in such cases I will enter the game very rarely, I will always look at the circumstances: how many people are involved in the hand, what position I am in and so on. And so, I treat all hands almost the same, well, not counting overpairs such as KK or AA, here I think any player will call before the flop, in almost any situation.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A common guilty pleasure in poker for many players is making a loose call just to see if an opponent is bluffing, even when they know they should fold. The curiosity to know if they were being deceived can be irresistible, leading to unnecessary losses. Another guilty pleasure might be playing marginal hands like suited connectors or low pairs in hopes of hitting a big flop, despite knowing it’s not the optimal move in certain situations. These indulgences can add excitement but also hurt the bankroll if not controlled.

Mortis

Mortis

Bounty Hunter - Fall League 2024
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pocket Jacks, because I'm sick and twisted.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Any ace or king suited,I want to see the flop with them.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pocket Jacks, because I'm sick and twisted.

@Mortis

I must say they are the worst hand ever dealt. My prime example is today on 888 CC freeroll. The hand was AIPF and I had the dreaded JJ

2c08d26ff2a81279e6befd7ed45316af.png

So you can see it is :poop::poop::poop: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

dompoker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a favorite hand, but when I have a good feeling with one hand, I try to see the flop.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't have a favourite hand in Poker, as I believe all hands can have their merits, but one hand I did get a lot of pleasure from was 7/2 of Clubs, Normally I would fold 7/2 suited or not but I was dealt that in a game on line, after making a comment about how sick I was of getting it dealt to me, I even posted a message to a guy "Oh look 7/2 again!" Now I was on the BB and there was no raises pre-flop just a couple of limpers, and after a 3 Club flop I had a Flush, but didn't think it could possibly win as someone could be playing a bigger flush hand, so I checked, one of the limpers put in a small bet and when it got back to me I called.
Now the turn made a possible straight outcome with a red card, so I checked again, This time the Limper made a bigger bet, I thought he might have made a straight or possibly a bigger Flush and I was a little unsure of where I was. On the River another Red Card completely hit the straight possibilities, so I checked a Fourth time, Remember I had checked Pre-flop, the Flop, Turn and now the River, and I sent him a message, "I don't know where the hell I am in this hand, but you either have me beat or not" With that I shoved all-in and he snap called.
My little 7/2 of Clubs turned over and everyone on the table messaged "lol" and similar as I took the player out, He had been playing a straight draw and the turn had given it to him, But I just said "Sorry, but I did tell you I was playing 7/2".:):)

oriole

oriole

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I have a hard time folding small pocket pairs pre-flop. They're just so tempting because they’re straightforward to play post-flop. If I don't hit a set, it’s an easy fold, but when I do, the potential for a big payoff is huge. It would take a pretty significant raise to get me to fold them, especially if I’m in position and there's a chance to see a cheap flop.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play K9, that hand gave me 300$ many years ago and noticed that 95 often win.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
the pair of sevens on a board with big cards... the reason is simple and we all know it: because the SEVEN is always coming on the river :7s4::7h4::7c4::7d4::eek::ROFLMAO::alien:

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tell us the hand you know you should be folding pre-flop but you just can't resist playing. How much would need to be bet for you to lay it down? (Give an example of what your hand is - mine is Q9 suited).

af655b48c00f9858d7c76eca800214de.png

Thanks to @belladonna05 for this topic idea.

KK is a hand that I don't give up and wouldn't give up easily preflop. I've had many situations where I've lost with these cards to worse hands, but I think I would only give up this hand if it were on the bubble of a high-profile tournament, with 1 player left to make the money.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Without a doubt, 5-4 suited. I know it’s not a good hand to call with when there are still players behind me to act, but I can’t resist the temptation with so many potential draws out there.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate AT hand even suited but sometimes its really hard to lay it down

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Tell us the hand you know you should be folding pre-flop but you just can't resist playing. How much would need to be bet for you to lay it down? (Give an example of what your hand is - mine is Q9 suited).

af655b48c00f9858d7c76eca800214de.png

Thanks to @belladonna05 for this topic idea.
I always have a hard time folding any suited cards, but after having a lot of bad luck I started folding them

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I am more of a K person than an A person, K10, KJ or KQ are my temptation.
If raised 5X or more and depending on my stack size, i would fold them...

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I like to play like 5 6 suited or any suited cards or not suited .. depends on how I feel the cards have been falling at the table

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no guilt pleasure I just play whatever I want in position.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always refuse to not see a flop with T9 suited:cool:

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Always love the odd 3bet with 65s or 54s

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me this should be a really simple one. I know pocket kings will lose and yet I never fold them preflop. LOL OK i really hate that hand.

OK for real, Mine would be defending my BB with small suited connectors like 43s and 53s. But only in the big blind. I will also only call with them when people open small. 2x to 2.3x I will call them every time.