Is poker as stressful a game as it seems?

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, a different stress in Poker have the all players, independently on level game...
Because this linking with nervous system, and nervous system have the all people!

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you play thousands of MTT, your will see all kinds of hands run out and get used to it.

Just need to accept variance and move on to the next game.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is both an intense and entertaining game. At the beginning of the game it is fun, but at the final table it is tense. I rarely get to the final table, so most of the time I have fun.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that is totally personal, depends on how you handle the game, what you expect of it. For some that is a profession and can be stressful, to other is just a hobby and fun.

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems poker players don't take advantage of the fact that poker doesn't require the physical exhaustion as on traditional job.
Still, the stress of physical and mental labor is much more than just watching the river and turn with emotions.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how much money you use in the game and how long have you been playing poker. Even a beginner playing for virtual money will be stressed.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the stress comes in three places:

1) When you are near the money
2) Final table
3) Very large pot (all-ins, etc..)

Otherwise an attitude of not giving a shyt really helps...lol

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its stressful. I have to push my attention to the upper limit to be able to play a great game and investigate the table well to do this effortlessly. I'm trying to reduce the level, most of the times listening music while playing, or keep calming myself that everything is okay. So always there's a very little level of stress when I'm playing, but more likely it can be described as a little bit excessive excitement. =)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it is tense, especially in the late stages of the tournament. Very often the winner is the one with stronger nerves and who is more stress-resistant.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course it's stressfull, because it's about money. But you can reduce the level of stress by a good bankroll management, when the loss doesn't really affects you

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Especially when you lose all the money.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you should not take the game too seriously, but you need to play on what you can lose without much regret. Then the game will bring joy, not disappointment.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It is definitely more stressful that it seems.

The variance can be mentally exhausting and you lose love for the game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker would be very stressful if I was a professional poker player, because if you don't win money regulary then you don't have any income. In my case that poker is just a hobby then poker is not that stressful.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Stressful? Rather exciting, isn't it?
Especially when approaching the final table in a tournament, then it can be really fun.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on how much money you have.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
poker is pretty stressful when you're reaching the final tables, but what a nice stress.

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blefes e apostas longas no pôquer podem aumentar o estresse em um determinado ponto do jogo, mas o estresse não deve ser muito grande para um jogador de pôquer comum.
As commenting before, I believe it depends a lot on your day, if you're calm, attentive to the game and everything else, it's fine. Now if you start at the table nervous and believe that you will win at any cost, it can go bad, and only worsen your experience with the game.

K

koirajore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your mindset

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends. When you're playing multi-table or lower limits, your actions are more 'automatic'.

If you're stressing yourself out playing poker, try playing lower limits.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you lose your bankroll, then for any stress is secured.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
yes it is . you can even get adrenaline rushes while playing (live poker that is)

but i think it is way more stressful if you play with scared money . when you play with money you can afford it is not THAT stressful
I share what you say about money, it is less stressful if the value of the ticket is within your reach, if you play only for money and you are adjusted it will be extremely stressful and you will suffer.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can be stressful if you allow it to be but it can also be very relaxing, take your time and have fun, try not to take it so seriously as the game can be unpredictable

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you
It depends on the stakes that you are playing.
If you are a winner in your essence then losing even in freeroll will be stressful for you. I don't prefer to lose.:p

Top 10 Games