Is poker as stressful a game as it seems?

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
stressfull as hell since is a bad beat jackpot game.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To what extent yes, but I think it's possible to control your emotions

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I find that playing poker is mentally exhausting, especially in the long time it takes to complete a tournament that is often played for between 3 and 5 hours straight.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Sometimes it is quite stressful, especially when you have been playing for hours and fall out of the tournament or when you have something bad

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Rather emotional, and they are different))

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
its stressful when you are not getting good cards and not flopping any nuts

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, it comes with stress as we get excited about the outcome of the parties

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bluffs and long bets in poker can add stress at a certain point in a game, but the stress shouldn't be too great for a regular poker player.
It all depends on the experience and skill level of the player. Cool players don't feel stressed. They stick to their strategy and introduce the concept of “decision” into their game. Then it is possible not to react to stress. :alien:

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
only stressful if you make it stressful, like money you cant afford

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There is stress in poker, which is why pro players give importance to mental preparation before starting their sessions, as well as to sport and diet.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes poker is really stressful, but most of the time poker is a good game to play and very profitable

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be really stressful at times. We all experience it; we just have to forget about the bad beats and move on.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is super stressful. Bad beats, coinflips, downswings and make-ups - you can't help but stress from this, and this is an integral part of the game. Something like this)

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your game base line, limits you are playing and mindset, it gets worst if you play for living.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it depends on what's at stake. If you feel compelled to win, you're going to have a hard time. If it's just a hobby, or you're playing with money you don't mind losing, or you have a sponsor, I doubt you'll feel the same pressure. Any competitive discipline, game or sport is indeed stressful, and if you add money to the equation, it gets a lot worse.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can be highly stressful due to its mix of skill, luck, and the financial stakes involved. The game requires constant decision-making under uncertainty, handling swings in fortune, and maintaining composure while managing risks and reading opponents. The psychological pressure of bluffing and being bluffed, along with potential monetary losses, can add significant stress. However, experienced players often develop strategies to manage this stress, such as setting clear goals, taking breaks, and practicing emotional control, making the game more manageable over time.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bluffs and long bets in poker can add stress at a certain point in a game, but the stress shouldn't be too great for a regular poker player.
I very rarely bluff, and I take risks only when I am confident in my chances. I'm a pretty disciplined player and always follow bankroll management. Thanks to this, I don't feel stress or negative emotions, on the contrary. poker brings me only joy and positive :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It all depends on how you play the game, if you play to make money îs very stressfull, but if you just play the game you can enjoy a lot 😁

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Frustrating, especially today. I was probably decent early chip leader in the stud hi-lo, then I was dealt rolled up 6s, played them ultra-fast, and the guy in front of me hits 3 aces. It was all downhill after that.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I experienced stress in poker when I played 4 turbo sit n gos at once

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After all, it all depends on the psikiki of each individual.

uravnobeshen

uravnobeshen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
I get the adrenaline rushes, but the most important thing is to play with the money you are ready to lose.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone has their own stress threshold in poker, one hand is enough for someone, and someone will play all day and only then boil over. With experience, I think the game becomes less stressful.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Poker is one of life's mysteries
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Stress and adrenaline are an integral part of poker, but as for fatigue, its causes are due to not organizing playing times and choosing the appropriate days well.

Top 10 Games