Is poker as stressful a game as it seems?

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes, it is stressful, but if you prepare yourself psychologically for this, then everything is not so scary) It is important to always be ready for the toughest moves

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it's more stressful for newer players because poker is a game of odds, it's a long term game not a short term game... the odds don't always hold short term. Doesn't mean it's rigged or someone is cheating sometimes you do everything right and still lose... welcome to poker, and life lol

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, of course, key hands in difficult times make you excited. There are stressful situations in any field.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The amount of stress if directly related to the amount of your hard earned money in the pot 😂

Sschafell

Sschafell

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, poker can be very stressful depending on the results.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't feel stressed while playing poker. I'm not nervous because I'm confident in my skills. I don't play with junk, I take risks only when I have a reason for it and I always follow bankroll management, that's why I feel only positive emotions.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can be plenty stressful but at the same time in can have point that leave you extremely relieved.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're playing freerolls or fun or for really small stakes there is no need for it to be stressful at all. I find it more stressful to get up in the morning.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I dont find the game of poker stressful I can imagine it can be very stressful depending on the situation. IE being at the final table of the wsop main event and playing for 8 million dollars would be pretty stressful for sure.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately if it is a stressful suit. It shouldn't be like this, the idea is that it's just fun but sometimes when it hurts to lose so many dollars in tournaments when you have bad luck it's very painful.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is very stressfully .when you have some money and someone hits you all in ,in that moment the stress meter goes to it's full 🌝

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes. There is a stressful situation in the game. But you need to be able to handle

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a stressful game, like any game of chance for money.:)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I believe that the feelings caused by poker have a lot to do with the results.
For players who do well with poker, the feeling is positive.
For players who don't have good results, the feeling can be stress, you can think if you can be profitable, these feelings I had when I started playing, now that I have good results, I want to play more and more.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No it's seems less stressful than it is(

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aye very stressful even for freerolls I find

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose too much money, it will undoubtedly create stress. Therefore, disciplined play and bankroll are essential to maintain emotions while playing.

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like the feeling when i push all in and have a coinflip :D but i think it depends on the stakes you are playing :)

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffs and long bets in poker can add stress at a certain point in a game, but the stress shouldn't be too great for a regular poker player.
I think the truly stressful spots are final table situations. Even playing a reasonable bankroll strategy it will always feel like a big deal when you're making hand-for-hand decisions for 20+ buy-ins. bluffing/calling early or mid stage -shouldn't- feel as stressful as there's less equity associated with a specific decision.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Its frustrating for sure. Even the most seasoned veterans will at least cringe from time to time at a bad run out in an important spot.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
over time, I find it easier to tolerate all sorts of unpleasant situations in poker, compared to 10 years ago, when I just started playing, I could fall asleep badly after some absurd departure from the tournament, now I absolutely don't think about it

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is what you make of it. I enjoy the rush of beating the other player. I enjoy cashing. If I don't, I try again. It's fun!

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, we're going to talk about how stress levels can impact your performance at the tables. But when I refer to stress, it is in the broadest sense and involves the physiological system.

Yea! Stress begins physiologically, as an organism's response to external stimuli that represent suppressive or threatening circumstances. So, something happens, our body triggers a series of reactions that activate production when adapting in order to adapt to the new situation. See the step by step below:

1 – Defined situation;

2 – Hormone production (adrenaline, cortisol);

3 – Individual enters a state of alert and reaction conditions;

Spread through the body, or shortness of breath and other symptoms to the reaction.

such as psychological problems, such as emotional problems, or complex problems, such as psychological problems or accidents, such as psychological problems, as well as use, psychological or accident problems

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello! I completely agree that poker can be very stressful at times. At this point, it's best to take a break, because the onset of tilt is just around the corner. You should rest and return to the game with a cool head) Good luck at the tables.

Top 10 Games