woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sorry Z but my Rays need these wins..i say wins cuz top of 6th tonight we are 4-1 Love seeeing Price pitch tonight ...I've missed him and his little dog too!
we lost DeJesus to night got caberra back and he showed well tonight..Odorizzi had some stuf tonight just watch a 5 4 3 douvle play....sweeet!
7th inning time for a break. GO RAYS!

Hope everyone else is fairing well!
Have you lost anyone toady?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Giants moves yet - still never big movers, rumours of Price or Hamels but can't see it somehow.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like Toronto is going all in :eek:

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OH MY GOSH SHUM LOK AT YOUR JAYS GO!

Rays heating up as well ....

come on RAYS STAY HOT!
THIS IS IT!
MAKE NO MISTAKE WHO YOU ARE!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like Toronto is going all in :eek:

OH MY GOSH SHUM LOK AT YOUR JAYS GO!

Rays heating up as well ....

come on RAYS STAY HOT!
THIS IS IT!
MAKE NO MISTAKE WHO YOU ARE!

It's very exciting to see what's been going on the last couple of weeks. The funny part was, prior to the trades, I'd read message boards where people (idiots who don't know baseball in my opinion) were calling for the GM (Alex Anthopoulos) to be fired. All he's done is rebuild the franchise from scratch. He was able to trade a very bad contract (Vernon Wells - 4 years, $86 million left) to the Los Angeles Angels, which allowed him payroll flexibility to begin the rebuild sooner.

All he's done is exactly that. A lot of passive observers look at these recent trades (Price and Tulowitzki especially) and say "it's about time", but that's simply not the case. The reason he was even able to make these trades is because he spent all the time prior to that positioning himself to even be able to make those trades. How? Simply by stockpiling prospects. The great teams are able to do that and use those as bargaining chips to acquire "ready now" talent to help them contend for championships.

PLUS (a BIG plus), he was able to do that without having to trade his three best current home grown players (Marcus Stroman, Roberto Osuna, and Aaron Sanchez). Ryan Goins has been great for them in the field, and he's contributed some offensively. With the offense the Jays have now, I'll take a second baseman with his range and glove and steady hands that will hit .230 because he makes up for his light bat with his defense. He's probably the best defensive second baseman the Jays have had since Roberto Alomar, though Alomar also was great offensively.

The trade for Donaldson with Oakland was a HUGE steal in my opinion, and signing Russell Martin has paid off really handsomely. The pitching has righted itself quite nicely and with today's win over the Athletics, that's 11 wins in a row, and 13 out of 14. The Yankees are currently beating Cleveland, so it looks like their lead will remain a half game.

Perfect timing for a big series in Toronto against the Yankees. It's unrealistic to expect the Jays to sweep the Yankees again, but a series win will suit them just fine.

It's been 22 years since Jays fans have had this much to cheer about, and I'm going to enjoy it.

PS - Whoever said Joe Buck sucks, I disagree. He's a great play by play guy, and in TWO sports (NFL and MLB). My favourite recent call was when Travis Ishikawa hit a walk-off home run to advance the Giants to the World Series. His "The GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT" was perfect, and paid homage to a great Hall of Fame announcer from long ago, Russ Hodges, with the New York Giants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uogT8X26-ko

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The trade for Donaldson with Oakland was a HUGE steal in my opinion, and signing Russell Martin has paid off really handsomely.

Both great deals & why were they ever let go :confused:

Can the Cubs make the play-off :eek:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both great deals & why were they ever let go :confused:

Can the Cubs make the play-off :eek:

Firstly, the Cubs make the playoffs. Joe Madden, in my opinion, is one of the best managers in the game. He's the right guy to manage the group he has there. They improved their starting pitching and they are loaded with a lot of young, talented players, most notably Kris Bryant.

Russell Martin - Signed as an unrestricted Free Agent by the Blue Jays.
Josh Donaldson - Traded for Brett Lawrie, Kendall Graveman and two other prospects. The A's are notorious for not being willing to sign their big stars to big money, long-term contracts, and trading a player like Donaldson who will command big money on his next contract is Billy Beane's MO.

Graveman is going to be a big part of their starting rotation over the next few years. He was a highly touted prospect in the Blue Jays farm system. I saw some of the game the other night and Graveman looks very good out there.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He does still have the pace (90mph+) when he does pitch so maybe its just a blip?

RE: Verlander - Yes, he still throws 90+, but he's not the dominant pitcher he once was. I hope he regains that extra gear he had when he was dominating hitters, but the odds of that happening are slim to none (just being realistic). If you look at his numbers on Baseball Reference (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/verlaju01.shtml), especially the section under "Hall of Fame Statistics", he's still far away from having the numbers to be seriously considered for enshrinement, even from being a borderline candidate. Let's just say that his career ended today, and when his name appears on the ballot, and to stay on the ballot, you need 5% of the vote, I'd say the odds of him even getting that 5% to stay on the ballot are VERY small.

He's had a pretty good career, but he's a long way off from being a Hall of Fame Candidate.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so I thought we might get rodney back since he hasnt fit well elswhere but NOOOO Joe had to grab him up....i really like him and the cubs do need a closer ...I hope being with Joe again is the right ticket for him.
Loved watching the no hitter tonight...go cubs go! how can you not root for this team.

Rays got a win today as well ..yeah....I'm afraid if we dont heat up fast we can say goodbye to oour chances....COME ON GUYS!!!! fight for this!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so I thought we might get rodney back since he hasnt fit well elswhere but NOOOO Joe had to grab him up....i really like him and the cubs do need a closer ...I hope being with Joe again is the right ticket for him.
Loved watching the no hitter tonight...go cubs go! how can you not root for this team.

Rays got a win today as well ..yeah....I'm afraid if we dont heat up fast we can say goodbye to oour chances....COME ON GUYS!!!! fight for this!

Dodgers are no hit :rofl: