Are you ready for some baseball 2015?

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't been this excited for Cubs baseball in a long time. Looks like things are starting to come around in the organization, building it up right. We should have a solid team for the next couple of seasons and these young prospects grow with each other.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
omgosh Ian ..r u loving MLB channel..I am! watching Will Farrell yesterday was so cool.

A Rod has 2 HR 's maybe more now ...guess residue is keeping him pumped up! I'm so evil.

I think i'm falling back in love with baseball. sad watching cubs with my Joe Madden. They look good though ....could THIS BE THE YEAR?

haven't seen much of my Rays....I see all my old rays scatter across the league......I feel like a soldier without a country right now....Please be good Rays PLEASE!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its my 3rd or 4th year of having a subscription to it - as when the seaon starts a lot of the games are in the middle of the night here :(, so i can watch any game i want the next day :party:

Plus picking out the commentators i prefer for that game Giants, Red Sox, Cubs are my top 3 to listen to.

Its also good to see some sunshine (at last) in the Spring training :icon_sunnjust to prove it is still around.

And while it is still i suppose a minority sport here - Europe did just manage to beat Japan 6-2 in an exhibition game - so its growing :top:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's interested in doing a free baseball pool on Yahoo?

It will be a standard rotisserie format though I might add in a couple extra categories. Standard categories are:

Runs
Home Runs
RBI
SB
AVG
OPS

Wins
Strikeouts
Saves
ERA
WHIP

If interested, PM me here. I'm thinking of doing an online draft on a Sunday night eastern daylight time, probably next Sunday. I'm thinking of 12-15 participants.

Let's do this, and have some fun.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good idea Shum hope you got some responce. I did fantasy for a few years and by year three I was so into stat finding I forgot to bathe...lol...seriously it became my life so I stick with a more moderate addiction Poker. I also found I was actually roooted for my team to Not play well so their opposing team (my fantasies) would make points...lol. I'm sure cooler heads would enjoy it....GL

Hey any thoughts on this Cubs vs Bryant issue...... so the cubs are putting him in the minors for some time......the guy showed in spring training hes got the goods.....but it seems there is a loophole that if they do this to him they gain more leverage on him when free agent time comes around.
If the lawyers screw up baseball again....sigh.

PS hey guys......baseball starts Monday! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good idea Shum hope you got some responce. I did fantasy for a few years and by year three I was so into stat finding I forgot to bathe...lol...seriously it became my life so I stick with a more moderate addiction Poker. I also found I was actually roooted for my team to Not play well so their opposing team (my fantasies) would make points...lol. I'm sure cooler heads would enjoy it....GL

Hey any thoughts on this Cubs vs Bryant issue...... so the cubs are putting him in the minors for some time......the guy showed in spring training hes got the goods.....but it seems there is a loophole that if they do this to him they gain more leverage on him when free agent time comes around.
If the lawyers screw up baseball again....sigh.

PS hey guys......baseball starts Monday! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO

I think they've been saying Bryant would be in the big league in the middle of May, because by then he would qualify for an extra year of options for the Cubs, if he came up now they would lose out.

Same thing happened with Jackie Bradley Jr & Red Sox iirc, except this time he came up early and didn't really perform.

Have seen around 45 spring trainig games (ty MLB.tv :top:) and the big surpise is Atlanta have won each game ive seen them involved in (5-0 :eek:)

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love baseball.Been a Reds fan my whole life.Time to let Pete Rose in the Hall.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did the Braves trade away all their good players for prospects? FML

Yeah I wondered the same, although they did tie some of their great talent to long-term contracts.

Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Braves Spring training so far....we'll see!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opening Day bitches! Everyone's undefeated (except the Cubs).

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woohoo - No, unfortunately, nobody took me up on the offer for the baseball pool, so just sticking with what I'm doing at the moment.

As for Kris Bryant, the reason he's being held in the minors now is that if there are 183 days in a big league season (something like that), and if you spend 172 or more on a big league roster, whether you play or not, it counts as 1 year of service time. The Cubs are holding him down in Triple A so that his service time is pushed back a year, which will result in his being arbitration eligible one year later than if he was with the major league club the entire year.

From a business perspective, it makes sense. Plus, the extra 12 days he'd be up with the team won't make any real tangible difference in how they do. They're an underdog to make the playoffs anyway at least this season. Their young players need experience.

That said, his debut will be much anticipated, and many are picking him to win the NL Rookie of the Year.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wowsa ...watching the rays has been a trip......I don't know anyone! but some of the new guys do look promising...
we've lost first 2 games to the Orioles....third game is tonight at 7 pm...i hope they can thwart the sweep.
they play in Miami for the weekend.
Karns looked good once he settled down.....I liked the looks of Geltz and the rest of the bullpen. They all did a good job holding them to six runs...it just wasnt enough for a comeback .Hope they can keep the pace.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe the Cardinals @ Cubs game was postponed yesterday. There wasn't even any rain @ game time. I swear that they just wanted NOT to get swept in their 1st 3-game series vs. the Cardinals.

They realized (during their home opener), regardless of the talent they have, that they are just the same ol' stinky good for nothing Cubs. It's hilarious too. They get their hopes high, & say "it's our year". Next thing you know, their prospects aren't playing up to par, they get hurt, or they get traded. LOL it's too funny.

Even though they won today, it's going to be another "same ol' same ol'" season for the Cubs.

I still can't believe the game was postponed. There wasn't any reason for it. So stupid.

Love baseball.Been a Reds fan my whole life.Time to let Pete Rose in the Hall.

My friend Kevin & I were just talking about that last night. I hope he gets in.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't believe the Cardinals @ Cubs game was postponed yesterday. There wasn't even any rain @ game time. I swear that they just wanted NOT to get swept in their 1st 3-game series vs. the Cardinals.

They realized (during their home opener), regardless of the talent they have, that they are just the same ol' stinky good for nothing Cubs. It's hilarious too. They get their hopes high, & say "it's our year". Next thing you know, their prospects aren't playing up to par, they get hurt, or they get traded. LOL it's too funny.

Even though they won today, it's going to be another "same ol' same ol'" season for the Cubs.

I still can't believe the game was postponed. There wasn't any reason for it. So stupid.

At least they've hired some porta-loos for the ground now :D

And yes for Pete Rose from me too :top:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forgotten how freaking annoying ESPN were - they would give a paracetamol a headache :mad:

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rays had a great game last night in toronto..Hey shum! souza finally got his first Ray HR! woohooo.

Go rays!

oh im learning their names ...slowly....I'm warming up to them ...looks like I'm still a Rays fan after all.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
keirmier's leaping outfield ball catch...wowsa....boys on all teams are playing like every game counts.....I LIKE THIS!

you can only say "It's early ..plenty of ball games left to play" I think ball should be played well right out of the gate. I've seen some GREAT ball! Hope you all are finding this too.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tigers looking good, royals unreal. sorry sue, betting on toronto tonight to beat your rays

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm a yankees fan... GO YANKEES :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Still like the Toronto Blue Jays! Go Jays Gooo!