woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/sports-60/you-ready-some-baseball-208993/index8.html

where did we post in 2014?

reporting for spring training ...welcome to Florida boys!

Rays have completely revamped....I'm not sure who I'm rooting for my heart is spread across too many teams. i posted this earlier in another thread

I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my love of the rays with all the other CC members love of their teams....but my Rays have sold off 50 % of their team this year and I'm scared I'm gonna fall out of love with them like I did Jimmy when his car got taking away in 11th grade.

any teams who have a car and would like to take me to prom and have some of my beloved rays in your team.......speak up!

am I glad we can talk baseball now? ....:dancing: yes I am!:dancing:
PS they are complaining about 46 degrees weather ..babies..lol

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So they are back throwing and hitting in the sun again - :party:
less than 50 days to opening day - :party:
And the Giants have only picked up McGehee :(

A-Roid writes an apology - haven't bothered to read it, as whats to say its any more genuine than he denials in the first place.

No more Jeter + Pablo has put on a little weight to keep out the cold in Boston :D

There seemed to be a lot of moves in the off season (apart from in San Francisco as mentioned :( ) may take a while to get them all right :) :D

Play Ball :D

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yup i almost wish every one would be like "A rod who?"

sir a panda needs his belly...they NEED it!

maybe your (ok i like em too) Giants feel they are good..Lincecumgot back with his dad off season...wonder how that's gonna play out...getting back to his roots.

miss Jeter too.....hope he stays envolved with baseball somehow....baseball can still use his gentle grace.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was listening to the radio today on my drive home from work and I also heard Sandoval is heavier than ever. With his body type, his decline will be pronounced, similar to a player a generation ago that Red Sox fans may remember. ....Mo Vaughn. Although, Sandoval is more athletic than Vaughn was.

I'm fired up for the baseball season too. My rooting interest is with the Blue Jays who have the longest drought since their last post-season appearance. Here's hoping that they make it this year. They significanly upgraded themselves at Third Base in getting Josh Donaldson from Oakland. Going from a mediocre hitters park to the best hitters park in the Big Leagues, he should have a huge season, barring injury. Then signing Russell Martin to catch should stabalize a pitching staff with some question marks coming into the season.

Regardless of who you cheer for, the season is upon us, and it's exciting!!!

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did the Braves trade away all their good players for prospects? FML

L

lscwin1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardinals been hot for a long time and I grew up watching them..my son got me interested in the Orioles and they are the closest ballpark to us so we watch them a lot too...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did the Braves trade away all their good players for prospects? FML
Prospects are cheap. When your payroll is half the Dodgers, the way you compete with them is by getting players who are just as good on the cheap.

I'm living the same deal with the Orioles. $107 million payroll, up against the Yankees (204 mil), Sox (163 mil), and Jays (133 mil). The Rays are a big time budget team at $77 million, but they're so good at developing prospects, they're good most years too.

PS - Payroll data is from 2014, here.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Rays are a big time budget team at $77 million, but they're so good at developing prospects, they're good most years too.

They were .....BIG CHANGES this season.... we await to see what kind of RAYS remain after it's colossal Amputation.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm ready for some baseball Go Tigers Go:dancing:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Spring training still my favorite time of the year! Go Red Sox!

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Giants, big time to eat baseball season...

B

BOSTON WALLY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am ready after this winter over 7 feet of snow in 3 weeks and the sox are gonna go all the way

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AROD is back and the Yankees have to pay the hell out his clown ass. I've never felt sorry for the Yankees and their inflated payroll, but having to pay an old washed up cheater sucks. Baseball contracts are basically bulletproof/indestructible having been forged in steel, adamantium , Kevlar, or whatever.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am ready after this winter over 7 feet of snow in 3 weeks and the sox are gonna go all the way

I hear you on the snow. The Red Sox are going to be interesting this year. I heard one analyst say that the Red Sox have 5 #3 starting pitchers, that they don't have a true anchor to carry the pitching staff. That may hurt them in the long run, but a lot can change with a deal or a guy coming out of nowhere and oveachieve.

Cole Hamels still wants out of Philadelphia, and he will have a long list of teams willing to go after him. It's just a matter of who will overpay the most for him.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait til the games start getting aired on TV!

I've missed seeing them soooo much!

p.s. I'm uber stoked about the STL Cardinals picking up Jason Heyward!

B

BOSTON WALLY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sox will be carried by there bats with big papi and his amigos

B

BOSTON WALLY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant have enough bad things happen to the evil empire

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well today is the day - got my MLB Tv subscription renewed and looking forward to the first spring training game later this evening :party:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its on :party:

Pittsburgh v Toronto First HR Pedro Alverez 3 Run HR and the Pirates are 5-0 up in top of the 3rd :D

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Man its hard listening to Joe talk about his cubs....he used to talk about my Rays.....Why did you go Joe? Why?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks! No, No, No :(

B

BOSTON WALLY

Enthusiast
Silver Level