Who is better? Messi, Maradona, Pelé, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo?

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Messi for this one, though both Ronaldinho and him are near perfect equals. Both are prolific maestros of the ball, but though they both would use their abilities to draw defenders, and players in general, to them in order to pass to open teammates, Messi did it in more goal-bound occasions and hence the higher assist rate and goals.

That apart the sheer skill and audacity of ball movement in face of overwhelming odds in terms of players attacking them, and hard tackles at that, they both share an unreachable pedestal.

The others, with Pele classified slightly less intense , are exceptional Loafers and Rush may be added if examining their league careers.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is the best in respect of time..
Best is not on the base of eternity.
So In the current time both ronaldo and Messi is the best in their field don't compare anyone with another.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All of them are world class footballers, but for one more time my preference will go to Lionel Messi.

By the way, I would add to this list players like Romario, Garrincha, Di Stefano, etc.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Ronaldinho was the biggest talent I ever see. World Class creativity.

direktor_vozduha

direktor_vozduha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in their own way. But Ronaldinho is the wizard. football as a child has always been associated with it. He did something that will not be repeated for another 10 years, or even never at all

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love ronaldinho gaucho, but Messi is more genius than him

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Ronaldinho in the years he was at his peak, was something unique, he played at a spectacular level, the plays he made were spectacular, but he played some years like that. While Messi is 13 years old playing at a high level, that is why he is the best for me. Note; I didn't see Pelé play, so you can't talk about him.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the best player is Ronaldinho I have always admired his game

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IM gonna have to go with Pele for his skills (at his time), followed by Maradona for his grit. Although there is plenty of new talent in the past decades, I think they all learned from Pele :)

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The all time best is Maradona. He did things that cant be seen today's soccer. He was extremely skilled and talented.

Tho I didnt see Pele playing. But I would say Pele belongs to the "ancient" football where defense wasn so strong than later from the 70's.

My favourite is Ronaldinho. He enjoyed football in his whole career. He was always nice to other payers and he was one of the bests no doubt about it. Plus he belonged to my favourite team (after Hungary), brasil. :)

Unbelievable Ronaldinho's practice:

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its fake commercial Advertising. But Ronaldinho create a magic from nothing and no look movements and skills is amazing. I wish he play longer at top level but clubs and drinks ...

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ronaldinho is a wizard genius, but my all-time favorite is R9 RONALDO! :D

maneger1984

maneger1984

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best of all time: ronaldo

Shantaram

Shantaram

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradona

Elevated an average argentina side to world cup champions.
Goes to Italy and a Napoli team that had never won Serie A to champions twice.

It is these achievements which set him apart from messi/ronaldo etc who are greatly helped in their records by already playing in the world's best teams.

But when we talk about the world's best what are we talking about? Who scores the most? The problem with that is there is more to the game than scoring goals. Example, who is the better player Ronaldo.C or Zidane? Well Ronaldo's records at Real Madrid kill Zidane's yet can we really say Ronaldo was the better player?
Zidane was effective in every area of the pitch, affecting the game and playing with such insight and style that he rightly was regarded as the world's best. Despite the records can we say Ronaldo does this?

My ranking goes Maradona, Messi, Ronaldinho and then Pele.
Maradona and Pele both played in an undoubtedly more brutal era and deserve praise for that, but essentially I'm basing it on what effect did this player have, on his team and the match as a whole.
A fit Ronaldinho who took his career as seriously as he did during his peak Barcelona years could have challenged Maradona or even Messi.
Pele was a supreme goal scorer - if the question was best striker obviously he wins.

regden85

regden85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... These football players from different football schools of different years. But I think Maradona and Pele better than everyone else. When they played football it was harded for them than now :ahhhhh::D

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best football team is Manchester city and favourite player Ronaldo.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Messi reaches the world title in 2022, he will undoubtedly be the best of all time. For now he is still fighting. Without detracting from Maradona's merits, but his image off the court threatens what was done inside it

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course the best player is not listed: Zlatan Ibrahimovic;)