WE THE NORTH

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really a Raptors fan but congratulations. Too many injuries to overcome for the warriors but that's part of the game right? You have to be good and lucky to win.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that is how you show naysayers that Raptors can win a championship. What a feat as well as a accomplishment. Raptors 2019 Champions awesome.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did the Raptors win the NBA championship or did Golden State lose it? All it took was a snapped tendon, a torn ligament, a broken collar bone, and some arthritis for good measure.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did the Raptors win the NBA championship or did Golden State lose it? All it took was a snapped tendon, a torn ligament, a broken collar bone, and some arthritis for good measure.
Should of been a sweep,,,, but we'll take it, :D:):D Woot,woot! :elefant:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Raptors parade is wild. on so many tv channels. Man there are a millions on fans there. gotta see it. Crazy man there.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately for the Raptors the run won't continue. Its a been fun while it lasted.

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only if Kawhi stayed, I really wanted to see how this team would have performed next year :\

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Leonard had any outstanding obligations to the Raptors - or, for that matter - Toronto as a whole.

He's still a green player - despite holding an unofficial title of "amateur pro" in the NBA environment. He's simply not seasoned enough yet. His move to Clippers is fantastic for his development - athletically and financially.

The Raptors have no future compared to what they experienced this summer.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
World Champs but it was hard to see green and Leonard go ,not much chance of repeating ,make playoffs sure do much more not likely with what the roster has been filled out with

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
World Champs but it was hard to see green and Leonard go ,not much chance of repeating ,make playoffs sure do much more not likely with what the roster has been filled out with

Explain to the people assembled here. How this Raptors roster, as it stands now, makes top 8 next year in the East

When almost every other good team in the East added to their roster, Toronto loses their best player and probably their best 3 point shooter.

And I’ll LOL you out the door if you knee-jerk an answer of “Spicy P!!!” and a career year out of OG.

Prove you’re not just another bandwagon guy screaming “we duh North!!!” (a lot of so called fans throw this out like it actually means something. To me, it solidifies your bandwagon status) and sell me on a Raptor team that is clearly in a free fall.

Last edited:
mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About time canada wins a title in some American/Canadian league :D

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure hope the season resumes and we get to defend our title was turning out tobe quite a good season even with all the injuries and changes

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Serge Ibaka said on IG live he would like to re-sign with Toronto this offseason. We're tight on money... but hopefully we can make it happen. He's been playing great this year. 52% from the field. 40% from 3 on 3.3 attempts per game.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Serge Ibaka said on IG live he would like to re-sign with Toronto this offseason. We're tight on money... but hopefully we can make it happen. He's been playing great this year. 52% from the field. 40% from 3 on 3.3 attempts per game.
At a reasonable salary and term I’m all for it

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Explain to the people assembled here. How this Raptors roster, as it stands now, makes top 8 next year in the East

When almost every other good team in the East added to their roster, Toronto loses their best player and probably their best 3 point shooter.

And I’ll LOL you out the door if you knee-jerk an answer of “Spicy P!!!” and a career year out of OG.

Prove you’re not just another bandwagon guy screaming “we duh North!!!” (a lot of so called fans throw this out like it actually means something. To me, it solidifies your bandwagon status) and sell me on a Raptor team that is clearly in a free fall.

Oof... this aged like milk, didn't it. Wish I was here at the time to reply to it. The Raptors were always going to be top 3-4 in the East this year with the Bucks, 76ers and Celtics.

First of all, every player that the Raptors play are a plus defender (minus Matt Thomas)... they don't have any weak defenders. Lowry, FVV, Siakam, OG, Ibaka, Gasol, Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, McCaw, Boucher, TD.

In their main rotation (first 7 guys on the list above), all of them can space the floor from 3 and all shoot more than 3 attempts per game: Gasol 40.2% (3.5 3PA), Powell 39.8% (5.4 3PA), Ibaka 39.8% (3.3 3PA), VanVleet 38.8% (7.0 3PA), OG 38.1% (3.4 3PA), Siakam 35.9% (6 3PA), Lowry 35.4% (8.3 3PA). League average is 35.7%. Lowry's first game back from an extended injury he went 0 for 11. If you remove that, he jumps up to 36.3%.

Finally, their coaching puts them in a position to succeed. Nick Nurse is definitely a top 3 coach in this league. He changes his defensive schemes every night to try and throw curveballs at the opposition, which he can do because again every player on the floor is a plus defender. A lot of our guys have insane B-Ball IQ as well: Lowry, Gasol, FVV.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forgot to add, the Raptors were 17-5 without Kawhi last year. All our young guys have improved since then.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oof... this aged like milk, didn't it. Wish I was here at the time to reply to it. The Raptors were always going to be top 3-4 in the East this year with the Bucks, 76ers and Celtics.

First of all, every player that the Raptors play are a plus defender (minus Matt Thomas)... they don't have any weak defenders. Lowry, FVV, Siakam, OG, Ibaka, Gasol, Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, McCaw, Boucher, TD.

In their main rotation (first 7 guys on the list above), all of them can space the floor from 3 and all shoot more than 3 attempts per game: Gasol 40.2% (3.5 3PA), Powell 39.8% (5.4 3PA), Ibaka 39.8% (3.3 3PA), VanVleet 38.8% (7.0 3PA), OG 38.1% (3.4 3PA), Siakam 35.9% (6 3PA), Lowry 35.4% (8.3 3PA). League average is 35.7%. Lowry's first game back from an extended injury he went 0 for 11. If you remove that, he jumps up to 36.3%.

Finally, their coaching puts them in a position to succeed. Nick Nurse is definitely a top 3 coach in this league. He changes his defensive schemes every night to try and throw curveballs at the opposition, which he can do because again every player on the floor is a plus defender. A lot of our guys have insane B-Ball IQ as well: Lowry, Gasol, FVV.

The difference between myself and a million people on the internet is that I can admit when I’ve been wrong on an opinion

Your comeback would have more credibility in my eyes if it was made soon after I made my original comment. As opposed to waiting for 3/4 of the season to play out before pointing out my error. Hindsight is 20/20.

Enjoy the playoffs

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difference between myself and a million people on the internet is that I can admit when I’ve been wrong on an opinion

Your comeback would have more credibility in my eyes if it was made soon after I made my original comment. As opposed to waiting for 3/4 of the season to play out before pointing out my error. Hindsight is 20/20.

Enjoy the playoffs

I completely understand that. Took a break from Cardschat for a year and a bit, while I was trying to start my new job. I did tell a lot of people the same thing though at the time. including a lot of Toronto fans that thought the sky was falling.

I truthfully had them at 3rd in the East before the season, behind Philly and Milwaukee. I didn't think Kemba would be a great fit with Boston and I thought losing Horford would hurt the Celtics to the point where they may have even fallen behind Indy or Miami

Kemba is having a pretty good year and Horford is not being used properly in Philly. I got Boston completely wrong.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can see them on the finals but not winning it

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets just hope this season resumes

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raptors are looking good after the restart. Wins against the Lakers and the Heat, with a trap game against the Magic today.

Seems like if Kyle is shooting well, Fred will take a step back and vice versa. Same with OG and Siakam to a degree. The only thing that hasn't been impressive so far is the bench, but hopefully that will turn around today

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love how the Raptors have been playing! Their defence is easily one of the best in the league!