johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, for the Nationals, the season is unfortunately over. Washington is my favorite underdog in the League. I bet a lot on MLB (second season now) and bets on Washington were in the context of totals. Most of those predictions have been successful. But I can say with confidence that Washington Nationals are playing much better this season than last season, and I think that to compete for (- 7 wins) and somewhere for 11th place at the end of the season is quite realistic. :unsure:
We are loaded with young talent at all positions. Watch out next year, the Nats are going to surprise a lot of people.

Stay safe.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good news. The Nationals will not lose today. We have the day off. Terrible series with the Chicago Cubs. We lost all 3 games, 7-6, 5-3 and the last game an amazing 14-1.
Ouch. In defense, we did use some pitchers up from the minors for their first MLB
pitching debut. Now to Miami for 2 games Tuesday and Wednesday.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington and Miami each won a game in the short 2 game series Tuesday and Wednesday. Nats 6-2 and Marlins 4-3 in 10 innings. We are in Pittsburg now
for a 4 game series with the Pirates.

Go Nats!:):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nats split with Pittsburgh 2-2 for the four game set. The Pirates won the first game 9-4, Nats won the two games played Saturday, 5-3 and 8-6 and lost the last game 7-3. We have an off day today, then 2 games with the Braves.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just like the Pittsburgh series, Washington split the 2 game set with Atlanta. We lost the first game to the Braves by terribe score or 12-0. Thats a bad beat. We did manage to win the second game 5-1. Now we are home for a four
game series with Miami. We are going as a family group on Sunday,11 of us. Hope we see a win. No rain expected.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Went with 11 family members to the Nationals - Marlins game yesterday. Good weather and we were treated
to a win. The Nats won 4-3, closing out the 4 game series with Miami with 3 wins. In yesterdays game
MacKenzie Gore pitched 6 innings of 2 hit ball and James Wood had 2 home runs. Now on to New York
for 3 games with the Mets.