Pele or Maradona ?

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradona became world champion and won Serie A with Napoli, basically as a one man's army. Both teams were absolutely terrible. Pele never won anything with a bad team, because he was never in one of them. Messi is the perfect example of this argument. He's won so many trophies with Barca, a team that consists of the best players. But with argentina, he looks like a Sunday amateur player. Maradona accomplished what Pele and Messi have never and will never do, win a championship with the worst team.
Also, you guys have to understand that during the time Pele was playing, there were no professional football players. They all had part time jobs to put food on their table.
People in my country say Cruijff was the best player we ever had, yet fail to mention he was the only professional, fully paid, football player in his era. All the other guys he played with at Ajax, had a cigar shop or worked as a delivery man. They weren't even training every day because they had no time. The other teams forget about it. One practice every week and one game every week. It was a joke. The late 80's is when you should start judging on who's the best.

Last edited:
ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Soccer King Pele. So today's super stars come nobody beats

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's hard for me to choose because they played in two different eras. but it is good that they are remembered. time Pele is a romantic football, so to speak. Maradona played when football started to turn into business. both were very popular in their time.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradona is an unbearable person but there is no doubt that he has been the best player. They are two players from different periods, it is difficult to make a reasonable comparison.

Regards.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two eras - two great players. Pele has more titles, but he did not play in the era of total football. Great technique Pele, head game, the game and the right and left foot. At the time of Maradona, the defense became stronger, the speed was higher, the tactics were smarter. But Diego could turn the game at the expense of his crazy speed, a special technique of possession of the ball. They are the best - each for their epms.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are great but maradona here is a real goat. I really like his dribbling skills and play style. Pele is a good brazilian legend too but I prefer Maradona
I just haven't watched a lot of Pele playing so that's the reason why I prefer Maradona more

M

Mistekeman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradona

Maradona for sure. Pele never play in Europe!!

vosje1979

vosje1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They are both good, but the style of Maradonna is more my kind of thing!! Maradonna did it also with players not so good as Pele had around him.....

And youre as strong as youre weakest link!!!

But what about JC(NL), LM(Arg), CR7(Por), GB(It), and last but not least........The former Feyenoord Rotterdam midfielder, Willem van Hanegem.....Also congrats to Willem with his 75 birthday last month!!!!

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither one nor the other
Ronaldo and Messi are more powerful

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I keep seeing this thread pop up and reading the title as "Pele or Madonna" :p :laugh:

And I'm always like, why would anyone compare Pele with Madonna?? Sorry, I just had to share that. :D

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy answer in my opinion Pele.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think it’s close Pele

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not answer this question! Pele is a great player, but in his years half of the players were semi professionals, and he showed the best game of his time. Maradona is also a good player, but has not fully revealed his talent because of all the known problems. But they will remain the legends of their time.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradonna for sure he played with bad players but won still 3 times the world cup. and pele haved played with a lot of worldclass players

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Hello everyone, in my personal opinion, the two players were very good, I guess the question of who is better of the two, is based on the achievements of each one, and in that I think it has a big advantage Pele, I repeat that[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]in my opinion both were excellent players, but for me there are others who have surpassed them, greetings[/COLOR]​

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Pele played in Argentina, could he win the World Cup 3 times?) I think not)

Maybe not, but he would have a better performance than Maradona did for sure. Of the three world cups Maradona played only once the team was really bad. 1990 the team was ok, maybe a 6, and 94 the team was great! Caniggia, Batistuta, Balbo, Ruggieri, Simeone.... en ese le pones a Pelé ganan todos los partidos en los 90.

:aetsch:

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you look objectively, that Pele has achieved much more. but each country has its own heroes. for the people, every one of them made a huge feat.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Maradona is better than Pele imo , I like him very much :)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Pele rocked the whole world back in his days.

Very all-around player with a brutal killer instinct. But Diego Armando Maradona was a magnificent player too. A real maestro. I like both of them!

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Compared to Pele, Maradona is virtually unknown to a majority of people. Maradona was great but he didn't really increase the profile of soccer. Pele's name was on video games and inspired millions of kids to play soccer.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are from different football eras while Pele was ahead of his time and was way better than the others at this time after that football players became faster and better and almost all of them are later good like Pele, but then appear even better footballers like Maradona and the standards become higher.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are incredible players. But my choice in the direction of Pele.