Patriots...already booked to be in the superbowl?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They (the browns) have a brutal 4 weeks coming up, but a super soft end half of the season excluding the second game with the Ravens. If they can win one game out of the next 4, they could win 9-10 games. If they get clicking from all of those easy late seasons games, even the Ravens coming into town could be an interesting game.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When hunt comes back is when they'll really start kicking. I also however think they will use Hunt as more of a trade bait scenario rather than an actual #2 Change of Pace back. Chubbs their Guy but if they can get value for a very Cheap Hunt then why the eff not. The Lions are actually playing pretty decent football too. I mean granted it's close to how they've should have been playing in the first place but they actually look like they want to "win" games. Even though the Eagles were beat up Philly isn't a cakewalk team

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I still wouldn't bet against the Pats to make a deep run in the playoffs again this year. Still a Super bowl team even after cutting AB.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are completely different backs though, and that compliments the other. Speed and power. They could do rpo's with both in the backfield and if the read is middle give it to chubbs, if it's outside give it to hunt. Would be kind of awesome but I doubt they do that.

Yeah I mentioned the Lions up there in my results post. They might catch some big teams sleeping this year. I also said Stafford would be a good value qb in the fantasy thread a month or so ago. 9+ wins is very reasonable. They have a tough month, but it gets easier later. A few wins as underdogs and they could win double digits if they don't implode.
When hunt comes back is when they'll really start kicking. I also however think they will use Hunt as more of a trade bait scenario rather than an actual #2 Change of Pace back. Chubbs their Guy but if they can get value for a very Cheap Hunt then why the eff not. The Lions are actually playing pretty decent football too. I mean granted it's close to how they've should have been playing in the first place but they actually look like they want to "win" games. Even though the Eagles were beat up Philly isn't a cakewalk team

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still wouldn't bet against the Pats to make a deep run in the playoffs again this year. Still a Super bowl team even after cutting AB.

The Patriots were the best team in the NFL before AB and they are still the best team in the league after AB ...

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are completely different backs though, and that compliments the other. Speed and power. They could do rpo's with both in the backfield and if the read is middle give it to chubbs, if it's outside give it to hunt. Would be kind of awesome but I doubt they do that.

Yeah I mentioned the Lions up there in my results post. They might catch some big teams sleeping this year. I also said Stafford would be a good value qb in the fantasy thread a month or so ago. 9+ wins is very reasonable. They have a tough month, but it gets easier later. A few wins as underdogs and they could win double digits if they don't implode.

I get the difference in backs , but you also have to understand the Mind of the GM. He's a money market. If he can get value out of hunt in the form of a #1 pick or a couple of picks hes going to. Hun't a Solid RB no doubt and he can take a beating but he has true starter value and that's big. So with how crazy the NFL is becoming with Players being traded away for multiple draft picks why not take a Shot out there , if it doesn't work then you still have a lethal RB tandem that will open up the pass game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he was traded right now though, wouldn't get much value. If they play him and he has a good season, then they could jackpot in the off season in a trade.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely a great start but to early to plan the parade

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said they trade him right now , but they can 100% carlos hyde him. get him in for 2-3 monster games then take that value and run. It's the NFL , Owners get hard ons for huge games and then pay large. Look at the Pats when bradys down, Those QBs play minimum games and get contracts

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the Pats wont make the Superbowl this year

How dare you.

Also,

We're seeing with a makeshift O-line and without Devlin and White, they still have options. They also have one of the best defenses I've seen in a long time.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmfao , the best defense you have ever seen? Come on now. Is their defense good this year? Of COurse , is it better? of course. They've literally played NOBODY still.

The Steelers , The Jets and Miami are the WORST offenses in the league ..In that order. They are playing the bills next which is a better than the previous 3 Offense but no where near and offense to call them THE BEST D , They have pretty much a Walk of Cake for the next 4 weeks. They play The Bills , The Redskins , The Giants and the Jets again. Good Solid defense yes , Best? lol Nah

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well no shit they aren't, They haven't played an offense. You can take a team full of Retired NFL players from the 80s and not have any holes

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lmfao , the best defense you have ever seen? Come on now. Is their defense good this year? Of COurse , is it better? of course. They've literally played NOBODY still.

The Steelers , The Jets and Miami are the WORST offenses in the league ..In that order. They are playing the bills next which is a better than the previous 3 Offense but no where near and offense to call them THE BEST D , They have pretty much a Walk of Cake for the next 4 weeks. They play The Bills , The Redskins , The Giants and the Jets again. Good Solid defense yes , Best? lol Nah

The Steelers are not a weak team offensively. Look at how they played the Seahawks, who have a good defense.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
again , one of the worst offenses in the league. Patriots have a lineup of soft offense. which is good for you being a fan , youll think they are gods through the weeks. For the people who are watching the NFL as a WHOLE, they are good , but they haven't played any true offensive talent yet. They are more than likely about to square up against Haskins and blow him up too. When they get to the Browns Ill be a little more convinced and that's not saying much

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They played them horribly on offense. They had 1 12 play drive for a td. The other 2 tds were off stupid turnovers by Seattle. One was on the 3 yard line, the other was at like the 25... so 28 yards total on 2 of their 3 touchdowns in that game. Also, Seahawks do not have a good defence as I pointed out last week, they used to have a good defence and they sold all of it.

Last week, the only td scores the steelers had were 2 busted plays, one which was just a bust, and one where the defender got picked by the ref. Even with those huge yardage busts, they didn't even manage 250 yards total. Barely 250 against seattle, and just over 300 vs the pats. Of those 300 against the pats, 270 were passing yards where big Ben threw 47 passes! They had 0 touch downs that game. So as to date, they have had 1 actual time where the offense put together a solid drive with no other factors.

Trust me, the steelers are approaching Miami level of awful man. Don't put any any reasoning to what teams have done against them.
The Steelers are not a weak team offensively. Look at how they played the Seahawks, who have a good defense.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the other side of your point though, the pats do have a good defence, but it's a slow one and largely is based off experience/football iq. It can be easily exploited as I stated in the thread a while back by making them go sideline to sideline.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and that's the thing , the pats DO have a good defense , But they haven't been tested in the slightest. Nobodys saying they are bad , but they cant be claimed as the best if all they've been playing is D3 Teams. Shit , Alabama would put up a better fight

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
also KC and Baltimore will be there waiting...

How dare you.

Also,

We're seeing with a makeshift O-line and without Devlin and White, they still have options. They also have one of the best defenses I've seen in a long time.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be a Chiefs Showdown prior to the SuperBowl!!!!!!!!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the other side of your point though, the pats do have a good defence, but it's a slow one and largely is based off experience/football iq. It can be easily exploited as I stated in the thread a while back by making them go sideline to sideline.

They are forcing teams to move horizontally compared to vertically.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also KC and Baltimore will be there waiting...

Also,

KC's defense does not scare me in the least.

Also,

Jackson plays a dangerous style of football that puts the QB in danger.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a KC fan. I'm a Giants fan (he says embarrassed). Just like you said with the Rams having time to gel, so will the Chief's d this year as the year goes on. Also, rumor is Ramsey may join the team. There is something about this team though that remind me of Kurt Warner Rams days....the speed. The explosiveness of the offense. I know D wins championships. I believe that. But if Chiefs D is only slightly improved over last year with that scoring machine? My $ is on the Chiefs.

Well then.....

Mortis

Mortis

Nutty Evil Squirrel
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Rams already had their shot against the Pats.....remember how that went?!?! They're both basically the same teams as they were last year. They don't match up well, at all.

The Cowboys haven't beaten a real team yet so let's not get giddy on them. They get the Dolphins I think next so....settle down on them. Let's see how they are when they play a real team.

The Saints have a shot, but only if Brees is back and healthy. Otherwise...they won't even make the playoffs.

The Chief's D will get better as the season goes on and again, they had that game last year if not for a stupid penalty (I think it was an offside or encroachment penalty) that gave the Pats a 1st down instead of it being 4th and whatever....and Tom paraded down the field and scored as the clock ran out. Again, both teams are similar in structure as they were last year and if it comes down to gun slinging.....I gotta give the edge to Mahomes and his WRs. They are fast. Faster than the Pats D. And he can push it downfield. Tom will work his 10 yrds here, there and screen game. That's his bread and butter right now.
Good call on all of this, especially with the Chiefs defense improving. They improved significantly after Mahomes got injured halfway through the season. They really stepped up.

So happy the Chiefs finally won the SB in my lifetime.