Patriots...already booked to be in the superbowl?

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pats Fan

Hey, I have also been a diehard Pats fan and also before the Brady error. I am so excited to see ythem get #7. I play fantasy football with thus site and do you know they put Brady on the Bench for Cam Newton - REALLY!!. I have Brady, Pats Defense, which was on the market and I have Gostowski. Needless to say I won my 1st week. Let's get it PATRIOTS!!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, I have also been a diehard Pats fan and also before the Brady error. I am so excited to see ythem get #7. I play fantasy football with thus site and do you know they put Brady on the Bench for Cam Newton - REALLY!!. I have Brady, Pats Defense, which was on the market and I have Gostowski. Needless to say I won my 1st week. Let's get it PATRIOTS!!

For anyone that takes Cam over TB is just crazy. Cam has not proved anything in the league. Only thing he's proved is that he can rush for 20 yards and get picked at least twice haha.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the Dolphins are trash, but the Pats defense looks pretty tough to stop.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kinda crazy how good they are. And they cheat so well we can't even catch them anymore! lol

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cam is ridiculously over-rated and always has been. Hasn't done squat since rookie year. He's also hurt...otherwise he'd have been the one diving over the line on the last 4th and 1 play this past Thurs and not McCaffrey. Though, I get handing it off to 22...dude is a beast.

The Dolphins are a dumpster fire (as are my Giants, unfortunately). I mean, during the 3rd Q, Fitzy threw right to his RB's head and he DUCKED. Very next play, WR goes up to catch the ball then pulls his hands down.....INT. Like, WTF?!? I believe they're just throwing games right now. They've dumped all their high end $ players for picks next year. Ya, the Pats D is decent but....my kid's pee wee team could've spanked the Dolphins the way they're playing.

As for AB...he and Tom looked good together. Just not sure how long he'll be around with this sexual assault thing. She may prove to be lying. She may not be...the way the NFL handles these things....you just never know. That and AB is a prima donna and Hoodie will not put up with that crap.

I really see Chiefs and Pats in AFC championship. Chiefs really should've won that game against the Pats last year if not for a horrid penalty at a horrid time. They had that game. I do believe they can beat the Pats.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cam is ridiculously over-rated and always has been. Hasn't done squat since rookie year. He's also hurt...otherwise he'd have been the one diving over the line on the last 4th and 1 play this past Thurs and not McCaffrey. Though, I get handing it off to 22...dude is a beast.

The Dolphins are a dumpster fire (as are my Giants, unfortunately). I mean, during the 3rd Q, Fitzy threw right to his RB's head and he DUCKED. Very next play, WR goes up to catch the ball then pulls his hands down.....INT. Like, WTF?!? I believe they're just throwing games right now. They've dumped all their high end $ players for picks next year. Ya, the Pats D is decent but....my kid's pee wee team could've spanked the Dolphins the way they're playing.

As for AB...he and Tom looked good together. Just not sure how long he'll be around with this sexual assault thing. She may prove to be lying. She may not be...the way the NFL handles these things....you just never know. That and AB is a prima donna and Hoodie will not put up with that crap.

I really see Chiefs and Pats in AFC championship. Chiefs really should've won that game against the Pats last year if not for a horrid penalty at a horrid time. They had that game. I do believe they can beat the Pats.

They are the only team that stands a chance. Mahomes arm and passing ability is absolutely electric.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't agree. The Chiefs have no defence to speak of. The rams can contend, dallas can contend, the saints match up well with the pats (if they can get a few wins while brees is out, and he is himself after the injury). Granted, I'd go with the pats over anyone in the playoffs if they are healthy due to their experience.

Out of those teams, does anyone not match up well with any other one on that list? The Chiefs don't match up well to any of them. I like to think of the Chiefs as the Oregon of the nfl. Flashy, put up points, give up points, and haven't done anything to validate a elite ranking besides beating up on bad to average teams.
They are the only team that stands a chance. Mahomes arm and passing ability is absolutely electric.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't agree. The Chiefs have no defence to speak of. The rams can contend, dallas can contend, the saints match up well with the pats (if they can get a few wins while brees is out, and he is himself after the injury). Granted, I'd go with the pats over anyone in the playoffs if they are healthy due to their experience.

Out of those teams, does anyone not match up well with any other one on that list? The Chiefs don't match up well to any of them. I like to think of the Chiefs as the Oregon of the nfl. Flashy, put up points, give up points, and haven't done anything to validate a elite ranking besides beating up on bad to average teams.

The Saints, Rams and Cowboys do have a decent shot to at least make it a game in the Superbowl. They key for them is actually making it that far. The key that the Patriots execute in every game, is that they focus on taking away the opponents most effective offensive player.

Also, once they get the two tight ends back from suspension, they'll have a much deeper team. The only thing that will slow the Pats down is all the injuries on the O-Line.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with that. The advantage a team like the rams would have is on offense though... but that's if they took advantage of it. What I mean by that is they are more athletic and younger on the whole. Hightower is great(Alabama fan my whole life) but he is slow, and let's face it... older. If girly (if he is healthy) bounces outside more and they throw to the flats more, in a uptempo style of play, they could wear out the pats defence just in the first 20 or so minutes. Brady is going to get his, that goes unsaid, but if they played a man press cover 2, and a man press cover 3 mostly, ab and Gordon would get frustrated fast because that's how they are. Easy for them to turn cancerous and I think Brady would stop looking toward them in that scenario, so you could just keep a soft cover 2 press and double about sometimes but send that double as a corner blitz to keep them on their toes. You basically have to make everyone but Brady mess up because Brady most likely won't be making mistakes unless they are down late. I think Dallas and the rams are more fit for that style of play to have that advantage, but teams with advantages like that rarely use them... which is strange in itself. Saints match up well because they are damn near the same at every spot. Slight edge to Brady there, but Brees is a all time great.

As for the chiefs, they have a small window here because they simply will not be able to afford the players they have on offense in the next few years. They probably know that and won't be signing no elite defence players because they will need the salary open to try to maintain the team. They simply won't have time to gain playoff experience and really form their philosophy of play in that window in my opinion. They have 1 playoff game under their belt, which they lost as the favorite. Playoffs are a different time and to me they got exposed last year. The Oregon of the nfl.
The Saints, Rams and Cowboys do have a decent shot to at least make it a game in the Superbowl. They key for them is actually making it that far. The key that the Patriots execute in every game, is that they focus on taking away the opponents most effective offensive player.

Also, once they get the two tight ends back from suspension, they'll have a much deeper team. The only thing that will slow the Pats down is all the injuries on the O-Line.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Rams already had their shot against the Pats.....remember how that went?!?! They're both basically the same teams as they were last year. They don't match up well, at all.

The Cowboys haven't beaten a real team yet so let's not get giddy on them. They get the Dolphins I think next so....settle down on them. Let's see how they are when they play a real team.

The Saints have a shot, but only if Brees is back and healthy. Otherwise...they won't even make the playoffs.

The Chief's D will get better as the season goes on and again, they had that game last year if not for a stupid penalty (I think it was an offside or encroachment penalty) that gave the Pats a 1st down instead of it being 4th and whatever....and Tom paraded down the field and scored as the clock ran out. Again, both teams are similar in structure as they were last year and if it comes down to gun slinging.....I gotta give the edge to Mahomes and his WRs. They are fast. Faster than the Pats D. And he can push it downfield. Tom will work his 10 yrds here, there and screen game. That's his bread and butter right now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda weird how you menation Dallas having not proven themselves, which they are obviously loaded and athletic, which makes them a good match in post season against the pats, and the rams who are super young, and will have had another whole year together to gel, again another athletic and fast team that's loaded, yet you bring up Kansas city's defence saying it will improve??? What exactly have they proved on defence??? In the last decade?? That's a strange position to take. Are you by chance a Kansas City fan?

I agree on the saints angle. They will need to win at least a few games while Brees is away if he indeed will only be out 6 weeks. He probably has 2 or 3 years left if he doesn't get a major injury, or if he wins another sb before the 3rd of that time frame, so the saints may be more cautious with his return.

You have to think more of what the rams have done in just a few years. They have assembled a ridiculous amount of talent all over the field and made it to the superbowl, and only lost by 10 to not only the best qb ever, but also the best qb in playoff history. You mentioned it like they got blown out. They held the pats to 13 points, in the superbowl. That by itself says a lot. Wasn't it a tied game in the 4th? A super young questions made his 1st mistake of the game and threw a pick, the pats scored from it. The rams missed a few later in the 4th. That was literally the whole difference in the game.

I don't personally trust dallas, but I recognize the talent they have and they are without a question a top 3 to 5 team in the league. I think dak is the weak link there.
The Rams already had their shot against the Pats.....remember how that went?!?! They're both basically the same teams as they were last year. They don't match up well, at all.

The Cowboys haven't beaten a real team yet so let's not get giddy on them. They get the Dolphins I think next so....settle down on them. Let's see how they are when they play a real team.

The Saints have a shot, but only if Brees is back and healthy. Otherwise...they won't even make the playoffs.

The Chief's D will get better as the season goes on and again, they had that game last year if not for a stupid penalty (I think it was an offside or encroachment penalty) that gave the Pats a 1st down instead of it being 4th and whatever....and Tom paraded down the field and scored as the clock ran out. Again, both teams are similar in structure as they were last year and if it comes down to gun slinging.....I gotta give the edge to Mahomes and his WRs. They are fast. Faster than the Pats D. And he can push it downfield. Tom will work his 10 yrds here, there and screen game. That's his bread and butter right now.

Last edited:
NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a KC fan. I'm a Giants fan (he says embarrassed). Just like you said with the Rams having time to gel, so will the Chief's d this year as the year goes on. Also, rumor is Ramsey may join the team. There is something about this team though that remind me of Kurt Warner Rams days....the speed. The explosiveness of the offense. I know D wins championships. I believe that. But if Chiefs D is only slightly improved over last year with that scoring machine? My $ is on the Chiefs.

As for Dallas.....being "young and athletic"....EVERY team is athletic. They're athletes. Pro athletes. That's not a reason to say they'll match up well with anyone. Do they have talent with Zeke and Cooper? Sure. But honestly, they haven't proven themselves. They beat my Giants. Wooptie Doo...Gmen are awful. The Skins...only slightly better than the lowly Giants. They get the Dolphins next....what's the spread now...28pts or something? I don't think it's a strange position, to me it's the only one to take in regards to Dallas. They're schedule is actually pretty easy....Saints coming up...have the Packers at some point. It doesn't really get tough for them until December when they see Chicago and the Rams. We'll see what they are then when they face a solid D. Packers are sporting a solid D so maybe a test there. Until then, I'm not buying Dallas, at all. Sure, they make the playoffs...how far they go remains to be seen but they don't beat the Pats.

The Rams....honestly...I don't see them beating the Pats. I see the same outcome as last Super Bowl especially if Gurley isn't 100%. To me these 2 teams are the same as they were last year. I didn't really imply anything other than they got beat. Which they did.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there are only 2 threats to the pats this season they are the chiefs and possibly the ravens the nfc best team i think is the rams and pats beat them last year

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ramsey certainly would help any team, even though he is a bit of a prema donna. I agree with the gelling but you kind of ignored that on the Rams and dallas, but it was your main point for the cheifs. The warner Rams were loaded everywhere. That team was dumb good.

By young and athletic, I mean more than the average team, and certainly more than the pats. The pats, linebackers more so than anything, are below average speed and agility. They are good due to their experience and football iq. Experience and football iq doesn't make up for having to run sideline to sideline every play back to back to back. As I said though, these teams with young, really athletic players next to never take advantage of that. Think of it simple like 2 minute drills, why are they so often successful? You wear a defence down real real quick playing fast, and on top of it they can't sub formations, and have a even more limited time for the field general to call out pre snap adjustments. Teams with young highly athletic guys who have higher stamina than older defence can pounce on that, but rarely do.

I'm not impressed with the Rams so much at this point of the year, I'm just speaking on pure talent that they have at most key spots. If they could find their groove and stay healthy, they could win rings. I put Dallas below the Rams for talent, but still very good at almost every spot on both sides.

I'm curious to see the Chiefs and ravens. First real game for either of them this year. Ravens definitely have the better defence but I'm not sold as of yet on jackson, but he has performed above what I expect him to when he was drafted.
Not a KC fan. I'm a Giants fan (he says embarrassed). Just like you said with the Rams having time to gel, so will the Chief's d this year as the year goes on. Also, rumor is Ramsey may join the team. There is something about this team though that remind me of Kurt Warner Rams days....the speed. The explosiveness of the offense. I know D wins championships. I believe that. But if Chiefs D is only slightly improved over last year with that scoring machine? My $ is on the Chiefs.

As for Dallas.....being "young and athletic"....EVERY team is athletic. They're athletes. Pro athletes. That's not a reason to say they'll match up well with anyone. Do they have talent with Zeke and Cooper? Sure. But honestly, they haven't proven themselves. They beat my Giants. Wooptie Doo...Gmen are awful. The Skins...only slightly better than the lowly Giants. They get the Dolphins next....what's the spread now...28pts or something? I don't think it's a strange position, to me it's the only one to take in regards to Dallas. They're schedule is actually pretty easy....Saints coming up...have the Packers at some point. It doesn't really get tough for them until December when they see Chicago and the Rams. We'll see what they are then when they face a solid D. Packers are sporting a solid D so maybe a test there. Until then, I'm not buying Dallas, at all. Sure, they make the playoffs...how far they go remains to be seen but they don't beat the Pats.

The Rams....honestly...I don't see them beating the Pats. I see the same outcome as last Super Bowl especially if Gurley isn't 100%. To me these 2 teams are the same as they were last year. I didn't really imply anything other than they got beat. Which they did.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what you're saying. All good. And I'm not trying to ignore my points for the other teams....in regards to what I say about the Chiefs....just that there are other points that are stronger for me in my opinion than what I use as my points towards the Chiefs is all. Chiefs v Ravens will be a good one and will show a lot.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get what you're saying. All good. And I'm not trying to ignore my points for the other teams....in regards to what I say about the Chiefs....just that there are other points that are stronger for me in my opinion than what I use as my points towards the Chiefs is all. Chiefs v Ravens will be a good one and will show a lot.

You also had good points. I just love talking about the game haha. Although...I want to see Jackson actually play the season before saying he would be a good match-up for the Chiefs.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt. :)

I think the game will be a much bigger litmus test for Jackson than for the chiefs, but it's certainly the game this week I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Pats are beatable , even with the Acquisition of Antonio Brown. Will they have a lights out offense? ……..Pretty Close. With raw talent like Gordon on one side and Brown on the other you can't expect them to not have some large games. Now , Their defense still has holes. Yes they pounded the absolute dogshit out of the steelers ...but the steelers this year look AWFUL , pure Hot Garbage and no Hose. They also played ……...THE MIAMI DOLPHINS. 2 teams with a combined Win value of 0. Once they start player above average defenses and Decently taleneted offenses then people can hop on the train but again It's always hard to count the Pats out because they win when it matters. The Rams look like they took a step back , Kansas City is well Kansas City . Do they have a lightning offense? Sure , but again they played the Jags a team that's a Dumpster fire in itself and then they played Oakland which again Is Oakland. I think the seahawks will make a sneaky push deep into the playoffs and I also think Houston even as disappointing as they showed against a Terrible jags team will bounce back and Fire through. The Pats Right now are the Kings of the AFC but that's a temporary throne. I'm not sold on the Ravens

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. I think the seahawks will make a sneaky push deep into the playoffs and I also think Houston even as disappointing as they showed against a Terrible jags team will bounce back and Fire through. The Pats Right now are the Kings of the AFC but that's a temporary throne. I'm not sold on the Ravens

Dude...good point on the Seahawks. They'll make the playoff based on their division alone. And unless Pete makes stupid play calls like passing at the 1 yard line instead of handing it off to Skittles....they'll make a push for sure. I always forget about them...and maybe it's b/c I'm an east coaster or they just don't ever make a lot of noise or both. Houston will make a run, again b/c of the division. The AFC is kinda meh with the exception of the teams we are discussing so certainly they are contenders. Can Houston beat the Pats?!? Eh...I think if everyone stays healthy and if they can get a ground game going...they can. Can the Seahawks? Yes, I think they can beat the Pats.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easy to forget about the Seahawks because they aren't the Seahawks of recent memory. They had a all pro secondary, of which none are still there. Same with the lbs, who is left? Just Bobby wagner. Yeah they picked up clowny, and they drafted Metcalf who has a lot of promise, but besides that, they are really just a shell of what they were a few years back. They barely beat Pittsburg who was without big Ben over half the game, and conner getting hurt in crunch time. They most likely will make the playoffs but I really don't see them making any noise when they get there.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start off by saying, yes. I am a diehard Pats fan. I have been a Pats fan way before the Brady era. With that being said, should we just book them to the Superbowl? They have 3 great running backs, 4 great wide receivers, a defense that played spectacular without Kyle Van Noy, playing without a TE that can do anything until week 4, and let us not leave out...Tom Brady.

I think they have the best team all around right now. But the NFL is tough and a long season.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Pats are beatable , even with the Acquisition of Antonio Brown. Will they have a lights out offense? ……..Pretty Close. With raw talent like Gordon on one side and Brown on the other you can't expect them to not have some large games. Now , Their defense still has holes. Yes they pounded the absolute dogshit out of the steelers ...but the steelers this year look AWFUL , pure Hot Garbage and no Hose. They also played ……...THE MIAMI DOLPHINS. 2 teams with a combined Win value of 0. Once they start player above average defenses and Decently taleneted offenses then people can hop on the train but again It's always hard to count the Pats out because they win when it matters. The Rams look like they took a step back , Kansas City is well Kansas City . Do they have a lightning offense? Sure , but again they played the Jags a team that's a Dumpster fire in itself and then they played Oakland which again Is Oakland. I think the seahawks will make a sneaky push deep into the playoffs and I also think Houston even as disappointing as they showed against a Terrible jags team will bounce back and Fire through. The Pats Right now are the Kings of the AFC but that's a temporary throne. I'm not sold on the Ravens

It is 100% a long season and you never know what's going to happen. Their defense though? What holes are you seeing? They have a pass rush, a nose tackle that goes into coverage, all pro corners and safeties, and enough really good DB's that can be switched out at anytime.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's easy to forget about the Seahawks because they aren't the Seahawks of recent memory. They had a all pro secondary, of which none are still there. Same with the lbs, who is left? Just Bobby wagner. Yeah they picked up clowny, and they drafted Metcalf who has a lot of promise, but besides that, they are really just a shell of what they were a few years back. They barely beat Pittsburg who was without big Ben over half the game, and conner getting hurt in crunch time. They most likely will make the playoffs but I really don't see them making any noise when they get there.

I believe that the Seahawks will only get better over time this season. Metcalf is a beast and Clowny will only shine more in a defense minded coach in Pete Carrol.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, but I don't see that putting them over teams like the pats, dallas, or rams. I also don't think they match up well with the ravens, and I don't think they can out shoot the chiefs. That's a lot of teams ahead of them in my eyes. Any tier 2 team can be a sleeper team, and I suppose Seattle wouldn't be a bad choice in that group, but for the moment they are a after thought to me mainly because their past strength, their secondary, is nothing compared to what it was in what is progressing more and more into a passing league every year.
I believe that the Seahawks will only get better over time this season. Metcalf is a beast and Clowny will only shine more in a defense minded coach in Pete Carrol.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is 100% a long season and you never know what's going to happen. Their defense though? What holes are you seeing? They have a pass rush, a nose tackle that goes into coverage, all pro corners and safeties, and enough really good DB's that can be switched out at anytime.

Which team we talking?