Patriots...already booked to be in the superbowl?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me start off by saying, yes. I am a diehard Pats fan. I have been a Pats fan way before the Brady era. With that being said, should we just book them to the Superbowl? They have 3 great running backs, 4 great wide receivers, a defense that played spectacular without Kyle Van Noy, playing without a TE that can do anything until week 4, and let us not leave out...Tom Brady.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you may need to subtract a WR now....

Don't sleep on the Browns just yet or KC. It will be 2 of the 3 in the AFC title game.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they need brown. His current issue is fishy though I must say with the timing. The moment his public perception is at complete rock bottom, this case comes up, and she accepted his apologies... after he wacked off on her back... right... not saying she is lying, and it 1000 percent to needs to be thoroughly examined, but from what is out there it's for sure fishy. I only bring it up to say he could be playing, and if he is, and isn't the distraction he has been, and Thomas gets healthy, then I don't see many games where the pats don't put up 40 points. Pats are notoriously back in September, but they were clicking on all cylinders vs pitt, which are a quality team. Brady makes every offensive player better than they are. Hard to bet against them, but it's early.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think they need brown. His current issue is fishy though I must say with the timing. The moment his public perception is at complete rock bottom, this case comes up, and she accepted his apologies... after he wacked off on her back... right... not saying she is lying, and it 1000 percent to needs to be thoroughly examined, but from what is out there it's for sure fishy. I only bring it up to say he could be playing, and if he is, and isn't the distraction he has been, and Thomas gets healthy, then I don't see many games where the pats don't put up 40 points. Pats are notoriously back in September, but they were clicking on all cylinders vs pitt, which are a quality team. Brady makes every offensive player better than they are. Hard to bet against them, but it's early.

There is one thing. Thomas was traded. To the Jets of all teams. With that said, I still feel extremely strong for the Patriots. The Chiefs have no defense and the Browns are still the Browns until they prove anything.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow... I missed that yesterday. Why in the world would they do that???? He is a stud, and a different kind of receiver then brown and edelman. That would have been a ridiculous starting 3 that had every type of play needed. That tells me one thing... his injury is worse than what's been reported. That's the only reason I can see for that.

There is one thing. Thomas was traded. To the Jets of all teams. With that said, I still feel extremely strong for the Patriots. The Chiefs have no defense and the Browns are still the Browns until they prove anything.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh wow... I missed that yesterday. Why in the world would they do that???? He is a stud, and a different kind of receiver then brown and edelman. That would have been a ridiculous starting 3 that had every type of play needed. That tells me one thing... his injury is worse than what's been reported. That's the only reason I can see for that.

That and they have Harry waiting in the wings as well, that is the same size if not bigger than Thomas.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose I could see that, but given their lack of tight ends they could have tried Harry there. With browns future not known at the moment it just seems like a strange move, because let's say brown does get suspended, they would still have a really good 3 in edelman, gordon, and Thomas. They may just be confident in ab not being suspended, and being really high on harry. He was their highest drafted wr in 20 years, so i suppose that could be the sistuation. Still a strange move if Thomas is indeed healthy.
That and they have Harry waiting in the wings as well, that is the same size if not bigger than Thomas.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suppose I could see that, but given their lack of tight ends they could have tried Harry there. With browns future not known at the moment it just seems like a strange move, because let's say brown does get suspended, they would still have a really good 3 in edelman, gordon, and Thomas. They may just be confident in ab not being suspended, and being really high on harry. He was their highest drafted wr in 20 years, so i suppose that could be the sistuation. Still a strange move if Thomas is indeed healthy.

They also have Phillip Dorsett, who has now proved himself as a deep threat, and James White of a back that is instrumental in the short passing game. Week 4 they get two veteran tight ends that are more than serviceable. Not one team seems more prepared than this team.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Patriots looked fantastic sunday night. However it is still the NFL and the KC Chiefs are a really good football team and the Ravens will also be a tough obstacle in the playoffs. Still a long long way to go, and while they are def the odds on favorite, still a lot of hurdles to pass.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Patriots looked fantastic sunday night. However it is still the NFL and the KC Chiefs are a really good football team and the Ravens will also be a tough obstacle in the playoffs. Still a long long way to go, and while they are def the odds on favorite, still a lot of hurdles to pass.

Definitely is a long season with a lot of hurdles still, there is no one better to navigate through them as Bill Belichick.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely is a long season with a lot of hurdles still, there is no one better to navigate through them as Bill Belichick.

I agree, as much as I dont like the Patriots, I would be a fool to think they are not one of the favorites to make it to the super bowl again. With Belichick and the ageless wonder Tom Brady, I can see why they would make it but I have a feeling like this is the season someone will knock them out the AFC before the Superbowl!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tom Brady is so cute, what a hunk

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i bet on them every year cause its safe bet to at least aff championship then just hedge out my bets if i dont them anymore

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They sure do make things interesting in the NFL. I wouldn't bet against them. They are looking to go to their 4th Super Bowl in as many years. It is a long season and the Pats known that most of all.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They sure do make things interesting in the NFL. I wouldn't bet against them. They are looking to go to their 4th Super Bowl in as many years. It is a long season and the Pats known that most of all.

The Eagles and Broncos each have a Superbowl win in the last 4 years. Pats have two in the last 4 years.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yes but they have played in 3 straight Super Bowls only losing to the Eagles

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely should finish with a first round bye. Can Brady stay healthy and will AB and Gordon self-destruct? Still plenty of weapons if the drama is minimized (and Bellichik will cut any distraction!). Shame their division is so bad... Feel sorry for teams in NFL who have no easy divisional games.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless some other team in the NFL shows they can challenge the Patriots. They are going to be in the super bowl every year.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Pats messed up with AB. Their image will be at stake.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a pats hater, but I'll state the obvious... the pats don't have a good image to tarnish. They are a no bs, do anything to win team, with a most often cold coach (from what the public sees). I think it's the perfect place for ab, because they won't put up with his bs, and if they boot him, they won miss a step at all. I don't like ab, and kinda sucks that someone like him gets rewarded for his behavior and me before team ego by getting on the best team there is but maybe it will be healthy for him and he will mature.
I think the Pats messed up with AB. Their image will be at stake.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like the Patriots so I hope AB brings down the whole franchise. If he’s playing however, they are going to be tough to beat. I wouldn’t bet against them that’s for sure.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a Pats fan but they are going to be tough to beat, especially if Antonio Brown gets past his legal issue and into the lineup ! Watch out for KC Chiefs though , they will be my pick to win the Super Bowl .

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a Pats fan but they are going to be tough to beat, especially if Antonio Brown gets past his legal issue and into the lineup ! Watch out for KC Chiefs though , they will be my pick to win the Super Bowl .

They are good but their defense is more than suspect. Their coach is not a defense minded coach, and that's what wins in the long run.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pats are always favorite to the title, no matter when you read this, as long as this TOM BRADY