Ongoing Soccer Thread

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I ****ING LOVE YOU OBAFEMI!!!!! YYYEEESSSSS!!!!!!! WE'RE GONNA STAY UP!!! YYYEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huge win.

'boro are down now, pretty much guaranteed. the mags are probably safe now simply because i can't see hull getting any points from bolton away or man u at home lolz. as funny as it would have been to see newcastle go down i won't miss phil brown's huge ego, stupid fake tan, and crappy team.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure the Geordies are safe yet Hull only need a point and they are back in the drop zone, cant see Newcastle getting anymore points and Bolton arent really playing for much so a point isnt out of the question.

Winning against the worst team in the league isnt a huge achievement. Bye bye Boro and if Liverpool didnt have to play WBA this weekend I'd love to see them pull off the great escape and Hull join Newcastle and Boro in the fizzy pop league as it is we need to win even if its only to make sure of 2nd place

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hull are the worst team in the league at the moment and it's not even close.

yeah even though i'm a brum fan west brom fluking an escape and newcastle/boro/hull going down would have been a dream scenario.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hull are the worst team in the league at the moment and it's not even close.

yeah even though i'm a brum fan west brom fluking an escape and newcastle/boro/hull going down would have been a dream scenario.
WBA/Boro/Sunderland to go down imo.
Hull and Newcastle to get wins against Fulham and Bolton and bamm Sunderland gets sucked down:).

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL Newcastle wont beat Fulham, they are a very good side now under Hodgson, they are going for Europa League and they will beat Newcastle comfortably IMO. Hull have a better chance against Bolton

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL Newcastle wont beat Fulham, they are a very good side now under Hodgson, they are going for Europa League and they will beat Newcastle comfortably IMO. Hull have a better chance against Bolton

I dunno. Fulham still lack consistency, especially away. Plus the geordies will be flying after stuffing the smoggies.

I also have a funny feeling WBA aren't done just yet...

Hull are in freefall and will finish second bottom or even bottom if as i suspect Boro and WBA get points before the end.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno. Fulham still lack consistency, especially away. Plus the geordies will be flying after stuffing the smoggies.

I also have a funny feeling WBA aren't done just yet...

Hull are in freefall and will finish second bottom or even bottom if as i suspect Boro and WBA get points before the end.

If WBA didnt have Liverpool this weekend I might agree with U but I think their new found confidence will be shattered by us.

Come on Wigan hold on for 45 mins please at least make the title race go to the last day. :)

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All i got to say is Fernando Torres is the best soccer player therefor Liverpool and Spain are the best!!!!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If WBA didnt have Liverpool this weekend I might agree with U but I think their new found confidence will be shattered by us.

Come on Wigan hold on for 45 mins please at least make the title race go to the last day. :)
****!

Thats is all....

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All i got to say is Fernando Torres is the best soccer player therefor Liverpool and Spain are the best!!!!

Okay i'm a Blue but even i agree that Torres is awesome. But to make the jump to the second part of your post is like saying that all cats die, Socrates is dead, so therefore Socrates was a cat.:p

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barça won the Copa del Rey yesterday night. :D Another brilliant match. Touré's equalizer in the first half was a golazo, and the team's second half was spectacular.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
millwall vs leeds in the L1 playoffs right now - is there any way they can both lose?

Second leg at Elland Road tonight.... wouldn't fancy being a Millwall fan having to walk through that underpass from the coach park, then behind the home end. It's a few years since i was last there so maybe it's safer now....

ding ding...seconds out....round two!

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on Man U.

The league is all but sewn up now.

Should be able to get at least a point againt The Gunners on Saturday.

Good season again.

Just hope we can complete the treble, fingers crossed.

I will be in Spain to watch the Champions League Final, so hope it goes well.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on Man U.

The league is all but sewn up now.

Should be able to get at least a point againt The Gunners on Saturday.

Good season again.

Just hope we can complete the treble, fingers crossed.

I will be in Spain to watch the Champions League Final, so hope it goes well.

Oh boy, I'm sure the locals won't be shouting for Man Utd. If you will be at a resort you should be Ok though lol, GL.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
small glimpse at the german league day 33+34

The german league never has been so close like this year with 4 teams in reach of the championship.

Any thoughts ?

Hertha BSC - FC Schalke 04

Hannover 96 - VfL Wolfsburg

VfL Bochum - Eintracht Frankfurt

Werder Bremen - Karlsruher SC

VfB Stuttgart - Energie Cottbus

Borussia Dortmund - Arminia Bielefeld

Bayer Leverkusen - Borussia M'gladbach

Hamburger SV - 1. FC Köln

Tabelle

Pl.
sort02.gif
Verein Sp. g. u. v. Tore Diff. Pkte.

1 VfL Wolfsburg 32 19 6 7 70:40 30 63
2 Bayern München (M, P) 32 19 6 7 67:39 28 63
3 Hertha BSC 32 19 5 8 48:37 11 62
4 VfB Stuttgart 32 18 7 7 60:41 19 61
5 Hamburger SV 32 18 4 10 46:44 2 58
------------------------------------------
6 Borussia Dortmund 32 14 13 5 53:36 17 55
7 1899 Hoffenheim (N) 32 14 9 9 58:45 13 51
8 FC Schalke 04 32 14 7 11 45:32 13 49
9 Bayer Leverkusen 32 13 7 12 54:43 11 46
10 Werder Bremen 32 12 9 11 62:42 20 45
11 Hannover 96 32 10 9 13 47:62 -15 39
12 1. FC Köln (N) 32 10 5 17 33:49 -16 35
13 Eintracht Frankfurt 32 8 9 15 37:55 -18 33
14 Borussia M'gladbach (N) 32 8 6 18 38:56 -18 30
15 VfL Bochum 32 6 10 16 36:54 -18 28
-----------------------------------------------------------
16 Arminia Bielefeld 32 4 15 13 27:48 -21 27

-----------------------------------------------------------
17 Energie Cottbus 32 7 6 19 27:55 -28 27

18 Karlsruher SC 32 6 5 21 23:53 -30 23

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay i'm a Blue but even i agree that Torres is awesome. But to make the jump to the second part of your post is like saying that all cats die, Socrates is dead, so therefore Socrates was a cat.:p

:D LMAO, ok but torres is still amazing, and u cant say anything about Spain they are dominating!!

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woot, I wonder if Titan will let me change my nick to MANUTD2009Champs??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is Tevez leaving after applauding the crowd like that when subbed?

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Arsenal showed why they have struggled this season, Utd gave them the initiative in that game and they could do nothing with it. Oh well roll on next season :(

As for Tevez his interview after the game was interesting, I think hes leaving but who knows.

J

jyow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
as a united fan for over 10 years, i think im in the distinct minority of supporters who thinks that tevez leaving would not be the worst thing in the world. yes he does give his all every single game and his energy and direct style of play has picked us up this season (see wigan 2 weeks ago). but i am not sure he is worth 22 million as is being reported. i am more than sure if he were available at around 15 mill, ferguson would snap him up no questions asked, but 22 mill could go towards financing a move for benzema or david villa. yes i would LOVE to see tevez stay, but the logical side of me is saying that kia joorabchian is just trying to hold our club to ransom milking as much money as he can get from the situation. if tevez leaves so be it, no hard feelings and we will always welcome him back to old trafford whichever team he plays for.

on a related note, i think the fact that ferguson decided to start him against arsenal tonight is a solid indication that he wants tevez to stay. but i trust ferguson and the board enough to let them deal with the situation, they've always proven themselves right in the end.

PS. CHAMPIONS!!! GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!! ONWARDS TO ROME!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you Fulham for winning today and thereby insuring Pompey are safe for another season with 2 games to go :top: :party:

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Methinks my confidence of Monday night was somewhat misplaced :(