Ongoing Soccer Thread

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently Diego (who is heart and brain of Werder) was really missed yesterday - Bremen simply had no creative ideas whatsoever.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shaktar just had a really bright kit so they won by blinding everyone else :rolleyes: :D

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shaktar have been a very good side for a few years now their win comes as no big surprise, they offer big wages and have attracted several decent brazilian players I am sure they will continue to be a decent european side for a few years to come.

signorelong

signorelong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It`s for us

Liverpool is the level rose by Mascherano,midfield was broken, no one came to Gerard (Javi Alonso is a player of the bunch = spanish). the MLS it's runing not for David Beckham, it's for all the 150 argentines players teaching about it. Unfortunately we ran out of players in Argentine football. the players who shine in a big team here ends up being shown in "Greece" and all for washing the silver in soccer; sport should be surrounded by other values. Personally, I have offered to teach soccer in the USA, in a Florida high school where they saw me play.
On the commentary that says the players run 5000 meters per game more than before, i think that is not the key to football and is making it increasingly boring. There are players that define games without two steps, i think Gary Lineker was one of those, Tevez don't run to much and wing everything. The key to football is the punch and good ball handling.​
http://translate.google.com.ar/tran...=en&q=es+por+nosotros&source=translation_link

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats it for the EPL this season.
Let the silly season begine!

Kinda pissed Hyypia only got 6min today, should have started or atleast come on as soon as it was 2-0.
And damm he was close to scoring. It would have been a awsome way to end your Anfield carrier.

Newcastle,Boro and WBA whent down, Newcastle will probably bounch right back up imo but WBA and Boro might struggle...

Maybe Newcastle going down means a Liverpool return for Owen? that is if he doesnt mind a pay cut and playing second string to Tores...

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, but you were atrocious and deserved to go down. i think any other team in the prem would have made the last 10 mins of that game at least interesting but newcastle didnt look like troubling villa even once.

Last edited:
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice record that Hull set , 1 win in 22games and they stayed up :D

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, but you were atrocious and deserved to go down. i think any other team on the prem would have made the last 10 mins of that game at least interesting but newcastle didnt look like troubling villa even once.

Agreed

They lost all hope and belief, we went with a whimper and that's the most upsetting thing of all tbh. I don't think there was one player on that pitch, with the exception of Taylor and Ameobi obviously, who give a damn about that club

Ahhhh well.... Championship's a much more interesting league lol

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having seen Newcastle & 'Boro i thought it was fairly easy to why to see why they went down - neither side had any organisation or fight in them.

At least the media can end the incessant Shearer love-in they've been having of late.

Now comes the time the papers must love - whos buying who, there is a site that lists how accurate the papers are with their predictions - around 25% and under for pretty much all of them.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/

Pretty damn poor for the journos being so-called in the know :rolleyes:, in the bar playing guessing games more like.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats it for the EPL this season.
Let the silly season begine!

Kinda pissed Hyypia only got 6min today, should have started or atleast come on as soon as it was 2-0.
And damm he was close to scoring. It would have been a awsome way to end your Anfield carrier.

Newcastle,Boro and WBA whent down, Newcastle will probably bounch right back up imo but WBA and Boro might struggle...

Maybe Newcastle going down means a Liverpool return for Owen? that is if he doesnt mind a pay cut and playing second string to Tores...

I was surprised Hyypia didnt start also but I guess Rafa wanted to win the game 1st then worry about the fans saying goodbye to a legend, rafas not exactly Mr emotional after all. Yes its a shame he couldnt have scored that chance would have been awesome for him to go out that way. Thanks for everything Sami !

Now onto the losers, I actually think WBA have the best chance of the 3 of coming back up, Boro will lose Downing, Tuncay, O'Neil and Wheater who are probably the only players good enough for the premiership. Newcastle will lose most of their 1st team IMO and I'm not sure they will get much money for them so will have to make do with youth and freebies/cheapies to rebuild. WBA on the other hand will keep their manager and most of their squad, who have proven numerous times good enough to do well in the Championship.

As for Owen I am not sure hes good enough anymore for the Red's he has been poor this year and is far too injury prone. he will want stupid money and I can't see him being happy to sit on the bench as Torres backup as he wants his precious England place back.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having seen Newcastle & 'Boro i thought it was fairly easy to why to see why they went down - neither side had any organisation or fight in them.

At least the media can end the incessant Shearer love-in they've been having of late.

Now comes the time the papers must love - whos buying who, there is a site that lists how accurate the papers are with their predictions - around 25% and under for pretty much all of them.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/

Pretty damn poor for the journos being so-called in the know :rolleyes:, in the bar playing guessing games more like.

They don't really care how accurate they are. If they print a story that Player A is signing for Club X then the next day they get to print denials from Club Xs manager and Player As agent etc. It feeds itself. Most of the really significant deals are done before any newspaper journos have a sniff of the story.

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Lol, sounds like great fun to me. Make it an Olympic sport for 2012 imo. :icon_thum

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Pep Guardiola and Barca for winning the Champions League. The Final itself was a disappointment, too many Man Utd players putting in sub-par performances so Barca didn't need to really go thru the gears.

The Mancs started so brightly but Eto'o's 10th minute goal with Barca's first attack was like a dagger to Man Utd. (Quite apt for a city where the local sport seems to be stabbing the English:eek::p).

It's a pity the Final didn't produce the spectacle we all expected, but i doubt that will play on the minds of Guardiola and his swashbuckling team. They played well enough, their pressing of the ball in the first half in particular denied Man U the chance to get themselves back into it. The second half was always going to be a struggle, chasing the game against Barca must be like chasing your tail.

Congrats again, especially to Pep, who does his club great credit.:)

It's funny... i didn't hear the Man Utd fans singing 'Are you watching Merseyside?'...coz we were.;)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are simply stunning footballers. Confirms Barca's status as the best on the planet and Messi's as the best in the world. I have lots of discussions with friends on the whole Messi v Ronaldo argument. A lot of the time, Messi's detractors base their argument on the idea that Messi would get neither the time nor the space to play in the Premiership, I think he showed tonight he just finds it wherever and whatever the situation.

Watched a lot of Barca in La Liga this year and have routinely been mesmerised by their performances. In fact, it's fair to say that they have reignited my obsession with football single-handedly and I am absolutely delighted with the result

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are simply stunning footballers. Confirms Barca's status as the best on the planet and Messi's as the best in the world. I have lots of discussions with friends on the whole Messi v Ronaldo argument. A lot of the time, Messi's detractors base their argument on the idea that Messi would get neither the time nor the space to play in the Premiership, I think he showed tonight he just finds it wherever and whatever the situation.

Watched a lot of Barca in La Liga this year and have routinely been mesmerised by their performances. In fact, it's fair to say that they have reignited my obsession with football single-handedly and I am absolutely delighted with the result

He scored his first goal against an English team in ten attempts and the little short-arse does it with a header loooool. Plus i doubt he'd get the protection of refs he enjoys in La Liga. But if he fancies a crack at the Prem then if he turns up at Wembley with his boots next saturday then Moyesey would prolly find a spot on the bench for him as a trialist.:p;):rolleyes:

Seriously though, i hate 'World's best etc'. He wouldn't be the best defensive midfielder, or full back. It's too difficult to judge different types of player against each other. He's a skilful little fecker for sure but if i could take one player from any club in the world i doubt he'd be the one.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

Attachments

• _45833394_messigoal_getty766.jpg
    _45833394_messigoal_getty766.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 18
GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He scored his first goal against an English team in ten attempts and the little short-arse does it with a header loooool. Plus i doubt he'd get the protection of refs he enjoys in La Liga. But if he fancies a crack at the Prem then if he turns up at Wembley with his boots next saturday then Moyesey would prolly find a spot on the bench for him as a trialist.:p;):rolleyes:

Seriously though, i hate 'World's best etc'. He wouldn't be the best defensive midfielder, or full back. It's too difficult to judge different types of player against each other. He's a skilful little fecker for sure but if i could take one player from any club in the world i doubt he'd be the one.

Really?

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
God's honest truth. But as a die-hard lifelong Evertonian there's no way i'd tell you in public who i would pick....:eek:

Hehe - so is that Gerrard or Torres? Probably both. Don't blame you - they are both truly world-class players.

The best team did win the final, hands-down. ManU didn't show up. I didn't like their starting 11 - Giggs playing - and captain? Anderson? Tevez only on for 45 mins and Berbatov for less? Fergie got it way wrong tonight.

Feel sorry for Chelsea - they so dominated Barca in the 2nd leg and could easily have won 3-0.

Huge congrats to our pal BelgoSuisse and all Barca fans in CC (are there others?) - you deserved it!