Ongoing Soccer Thread

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spain. Only trophy they have never won and they are desperate to be the team that holds the WC,EC and CONFED and finally cementing them self's as the worlds greatest ever NT.
And there squad is simply miles better then any one else.

Brazil have looked good with Neymar but they still completely reliant on individual brilliance opposed to say Spain´s(or even Germany´s) heavy tactical drilling.

Uruguay´s defense is shit,Lugano is well passed it and Cavani just doesnt show up for the NT(maybe something to do with Tabarez insistence of playing him out wide where he just isnt comfortable). Forlan has been half decent but shouldnt be playing, he is to old and they need to start setting the attack up around Cavani as the focal point with Suarez roaming around him.
Shame cause I always really like Uruguay and they dont even look like qualifying for the WC next year.

Italy are in trouble with Balotelli out as he is the only striker they got capable of holding the ball up(strange seeing as most of there attack is about a striker holding the ball until the CMs and FBs arrive).
Also am I the only one that thinks Buffon has been shit? Let in some soft goals and his positioning has been all over the place. If he where called Valdes or Hart he would have critics coming out of the woodwork but cause he is Buffon it goes almost un-notiecd.

I could never say anything to legends like Lugano, Forlan, Buffon. I think they deserve where they are.

Im starting to think that Italy can give a "surprise" winning this tournament. Even without Balotelli. we'll see.

I would love an Uruguay vs Italy Final. And Spain with brazil playing for the third place.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, Brazil is waiting for the winner between Italy and Spain, so, I think there won't be a Uruguay Italy final match. :(

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now the final is set. Brazil vs Spain. Sunday. Who will win?

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What about the final match from Cup of Confederations against Brazil and Spain that will be play on Sunday. Who do you think that will win this competition?

P.S. I think that Brazil will win :)

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll go with Spain. Not only they play amazingly, but also they are having the luck you need to be a champion!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spain are a great team and I think they will just edge it, but it might need penalties again....

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m from Munich, germany
andthats my team
240px-Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.png

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What I told you about Brazil. They beat Spain 3:0. Spain had some really good chance, even they missed a penalty, but Brazil played better than them, especially Neymar, they showed exceptionally very good game and they deserved to win.
Maybe I think it will be better for Spain if Hesus Navas and David Villa were in the first 11th players.However it was really nice match for watching.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game was strange. Brazil scoring at 2' . And the match would have changed if Pedro would have scored.

But I agree. Brazil played better. And Spain didn't do its best.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brazil totally bossed that game and its good to see them looking to be close to their former form, but Spain....did you know the game was on? :confused:

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it was a really awful game for Spain.

And Brazil sent a message for the rest of the world: I'm the boss here. I'll be waiting for you in 2014.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I told you about Brazil. They beat Spain 3:0. Spain had some really good chance, even they missed a penalty, but Brazil played better than them, especially Neymar, they showed exceptionally very good game and they deserved to win.
Maybe I think it will be better for Spain if Hesus Navas and David Villa were in the first 11th players.However it was really nice match for watching.

I root for brasil for more than 20 years so I'm happy with the result. :) Brasil showed again that it's one of the best teams of the world. Unfortunatelly I couldnt watch the match cos it started very late but I will watch the goals in youtube.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait to see the world cup 2014! Anyone is thinking about going to brazil?

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I root for Brasil for more than 20 years so I'm happy with the result. :) Brasil showed again that it's one of the best teams of the world. Unfortunatelly I couldnt watch the match cos it started very late but I will watch the goals in youtube.

I root for Italy in the last 15 years. They showed really good game in all of the matches that played in this Confederation Cup, so I wanted to see them in the final, but Spain had more luck than them on the penalty. However Italy showed that they will be serious team and candidate to win the World Cup 2014.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. Italy, no matter what is always a serious team and candidate to win the world cup! But you are right, they showed really good game.
Candidates for the world cup. Brazil of course, Spain, Italy, Germany and argentina?
What do you think?

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Germany and Argentina are also big candidates for winning the World Cup 2014. Germany is like a machine, they have played very well on all competitions ( World and Euro Cup), and Argentina is very good in this moment, they are 1st in the qualification group and they have really good team. They are much better from last World Cup when Diego Maradona was coach. They can be really serious candidates for winning World Cup 2014. Also it was long time ago when they were World Champions, so why not maybe it's time to back that title next year in Brazil. :)

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the Argentinian team when Maradona was the coach. But I recognise having up and downs there.
Germany is amazing, the last three world cup's they've been 3rd, 3rd, and 2nd.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No European team has won a world cup in South America. So I think it's Brazil or Argentina for me.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think that Brazil has 99,9% of winning the world cup. Argentina is good too but they are not going well on world cups.

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Argentina has a really good offensive players, but their defense is not so good. In other case Brazil had good defense, they have really great stoppers like Thiago Silva, David Luiz, also Marcelo. It will be remarkable if we see the both Brazil and Argentina in the final. That will be really nice final match, match for remembering.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be soo amazing! Neymar vs Messi in the final. But, as you say. Argentina's defense isn't that good.
Have you seen that brazil, besides Neymar, doesn't have worldwide stars? I mean, speaking about offensive players, Brazil always had superstars there. Adriano, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka, etc.
And now the starting lineup doesn't include superstars. Besides Neymar, as I said..