Ongoing Soccer Thread

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder which premier league managers will not be replaced ?
West Ham won't be getting rid of Big Sam. We weren't a particularly good team last year and ending up in 10th this year is better than we could have hoped. Consolidating our Premier League position and stability until we're in the Olympic stadium is what we need, he'll give us that.
(I'm not keen on the whole Olympic thing myself).

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pleased that horrible season for us is over, realisation is sinking now no more premier league for a few months :mad:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna be interesting next year, though, with new managers at the teams that finished top 3 this season - ManU, Chelsea, ManC.

City is maybe the easiest job of the 3 after Mancini's season, but the expectation is huge with the money they have AND with Fergie gone - going to have to win the league to be seen as a success.

Moyes has a job and a half following Fergie. Anything less that a win will be seen as failure.

Mourinho (presumably) at Chelsea could be the one to take the title.

Arsenal could do it....Spurs probably without Bale = also-rans.

Everton - going to be tough to stay top 6 without Moyes.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think Moyes will last very long at United. Might stick a cheeky bet on Fergie being the next United manager, could happen if thinks dont go Moyes way from the start.
Ferguson was the master of getting the absolute maximum out of any player(Wes Brown has a shit load of PL medals!), Moyes is the master of keeping a clean sheet and lobbing the ball long to giant target man.

Looks like its gonna be a game of musical chairs involving City,Chelsea,Real,PSG,Malaga and Everton with Mancini,Ancelotti,Pelagrini,Benitez and Mourinho all trying to grab the best spot.

I think the spurs bubble has burst now. Bale will surely leave for Bayern,Real or City and with out him(or any decent striker for that matter) I dont think they will be able to challenge for CL again.

Arsenal will just be a rinse and repeat. They will sell a big name this summer(do they have any left?), start the season horrible then make a late resurgence and grab a CL spot and no trophy and every one hail Wenger as a master despite not winning a tittle since Britney Spears had a best selling album.

Chelsea and City are gonna be interesting. Who ever gets Chelsea needs to finish phasing out the old guard and City need some one with proven European competition quality.

Next season will def be Liverpools year!(lol jk the optimism hasnt kicked in yet).
Coutinho looks like a real quality though and if Rodgers buys this summer will be as good as the January buys he might get them pushing for top 4 again.
He desperately needs 2 new CBs and a back up DM, as well as maybe adding cover up front and LB.
Be interesting to see if the Reina to Barca rumours are true, hopefully either Vorm or Begovic would be available to replace him if true

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so the biggest event this year European champion League final, this Saturday?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund (both from germany) being played at Wembley,London,England in front of what should be a packed 90,000 (ish) crowd.

Here's to a good game :top:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the downcast eagle is pretty good too, but there are several I like! Nice one Ian!

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking action on Leeds going up this year :D

we are doing it :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big Congrats to Bayern Munich for winning the Champions League in what was a great match to watch :)
Commiserations to Dortmund and also well done to the fans of both sides that made for a great atmosphere inside Wembley :top:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
screw bayern, they should have been down to 9 men by the end. ribery is a tosser of the highest order.

Taking action on Leeds going up this year :D

we are doing it :)

protip: never bet on anything in the championship, it's a completely ridiculous league where anything can happen

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf? How does Robben not choke in that 1v1? Or maybe the goal was an accident and he meant to hammer it in the other corner and just miskicked to slide it passed?
Has to be that, no way Robben keeps his head at an important moment.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, he mis-hit it but did great to get into the position to score. I'm glad for Robben - Chelsea should have held on to him, he's been great for Bayern since.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me dad keeps winding me up that Moyes is going to leave and join Man Utd.

If he does I am gonna slap me dad hard :D

Did you?

A nice pic i found - i won't mention the ball is probably in Maradonas' hand ;)

860704_505432539500318_467872642_o.jpg

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Really got no idea what ashley is doing with our club, seems like the supporters come close to warming to him then he decides he just wants to wind us up some more. Bringing back kinnear is nothing but a joke then he decides to rename shearers bar. What with the name change of the stadium last year then all this. Our club is just a toy to him and he seems to get great pleasure in annoying the people who are the life of the club and will be long after he gets bored and sells up.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a great pic Ian - wonder when it was taken? They all look about 10 years younger....

UnNa7uRal

UnNa7uRal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any Chelsea fans here ? ^_^ Possibly with a True Blue fancard ;p

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, Which nacional team do you think will win the Confederation cup?
brazil Spain Italy or Uruguay?

I think Brazil will win it playing in their own country.

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Brazil too. They are playing great, and will have the home field advantage.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spain. Only trophy they have never won and they are desperate to be the team that holds the WC,EC and CONFED and finally cementing them self's as the worlds greatest ever NT.
And there squad is simply miles better then any one else.

Brazil have looked good with Neymar but they still completely reliant on individual brilliance opposed to say Spain´s(or even Germany´s) heavy tactical drilling.

Uruguay´s defense is shit,Lugano is well passed it and Cavani just doesnt show up for the NT(maybe something to do with Tabarez insistence of playing him out wide where he just isnt comfortable). Forlan has been half decent but shouldnt be playing, he is to old and they need to start setting the attack up around Cavani as the focal point with Suarez roaming around him.
Shame cause I always really like Uruguay and they dont even look like qualifying for the WC next year.

Italy are in trouble with Balotelli out as he is the only striker they got capable of holding the ball up(strange seeing as most of there attack is about a striker holding the ball until the CMs and FBs arrive).
Also am I the only one that thinks Buffon has been shit? Let in some soft goals and his positioning has been all over the place. If he where called Valdes or Hart he would have critics coming out of the woodwork but cause he is Buffon it goes almost un-notiecd.