Olympic Games... Yes or No?

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Given the coronavirus pandemic: will the Olympics be held or suspended? Maybe it will be postponed to next year? Doing it in a country other than China seems difficult since the virus is everywhere. My opinion, as it has progressed, will be suspended. It would be a great blow to world sport, as there are athletes preparing for 4 years for these competitions. :2in1:

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Olympics will not be canceled or postponed

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely not at the moment. we’ll look further in a month.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it will be postponed to the next year and thats right thing to do.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this virus continues this path,it will probably canceled.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The current situation with coronavirus has shown how fragile our planet Earth is and it does not have a stronger enemy than the modern man with his insatiable thirst for power and desire for profit. I hardly believe in the natural occurrence of epidemics. Most likely, this is the whole work of man’s hands, as well as all kinds of weapons, including nuclear, chemical and, soon, space weapons. Humanity is capable of destroying the planet, and if we all do not think it over then we will have to forget about the Olympics and the World Championships for a long time.

:driver:

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
soon all this hysteria about Coronavirus infection (COVID-19) should subside, the forecasts are already good, all these rumors are spread specially, someone makes good money on it. The olympiad should go on schedule in Japan.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All sports canceled

I also believe that the Olympic Games will be suspended, given the difficulties the world is going through with respect to the COVID19 pandemic, this has turned everything we know about, the world is paralyzing as the virus spreads . Unfortunately situation.:(:(:(

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think by this time everything will be fine:top:

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the coronavirus pandemic: will the Olympics be held or suspended? Maybe it will be postponed to next year? Doing it in a country other than China seems difficult since the virus is everywhere. My opinion, as it has progressed, will be suspended. It would be a great blow to world sport, as there are athletes preparing for 4 years for these competitions. :2in1:

I think that the Olympic games will still have to be postponed , it is still unknown how the fight against this virus will end

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion its YES, but need to control the condition of them… because if we cancel or suspend all the events, tournaments, festivals… i will be a huuuuge damage in the world finances…

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everything will be fine because I really like the Olympics Games.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Olympics should be suspended until a futher date. Its about safety and well being of people.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coronavirus

The worst thing is that the governments of countries where the coronavirus epidemic is on their own do not understand what to do next. This infection has perplexed the whole world ... Or maybe the world is weak and not ready for such events? Then it’s very easy to destroy us all.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Japanese Prime Minister says the Olympic Games are on as of right now

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Prime Minister of Japan commented on the possible postponement of the Olympic games-2020 due to the coronavirus.

The Olympics are due to start on July 24.

"We will overcome the spread of infection and hold the Olympic games without problems, as planned."

The COVID-19 coronavirus has now infected more than 150,000 people around the world. The infection has been recorded in 130 countries and has killed more than 5,600 people.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that in the near future we will see how events will develop. At the moment, there is no point in holding the Olympics. It is better to send money to measures to combat the virus. This is more important now.

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Athletes should not be ill with this disease, because in a healthy body a healthy mind!

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it is awful. I hope that everything will be fine by summer. And will take place not only the Olympiad, also the European Football Championship and other sports events.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I also think it must be suspended till there is no risk for people.This is a worldwide concern .

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let´s see how it goes. We are still have some time for the competition. They are thinking hard for a solution. But with this World wide closing borders it is gonna be difficult to happen.

B

bineye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think the Japanese PM was jumping the gun (excuse the pun) a bit by saying the Games will go ahead. Of course, the outlook for his own country and China is already looking better with the number of cases reducing, and if only the Japanese were competing he'd be correct.

However, in Europe the virus spread is unfortunately still in its infancy, and while the number of confirmed cases (and subsequent deaths) increase day on day, the control measures are going to remain or get even tighter. So athletes will be on lockdown and will not be able to train for a considerable amount of time, and should the lockdown in Europe continue through to May, the Games will not go ahead as the competitors have not had enough preparation time.

For the Japanese PM, the decision will not lie with him but the OCC who will most likely postpone the Games.

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for now I think it is better to suspend to avoid this pandemic.

Top 10 Games