Novak Djokovic and Cancelled Australian Visa

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reference Covid Non Vaccination - So this is the big story today in sports as the Australian PM himself intervened and as a result, Novac is facing deportation pending his lawyers lodging an appeal.

Why is this? Check out the link below for the full story?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59889522

What are your views here? I personally respect the Australian Government taking this stance but hey im no politician and i am sure this story will rumble on...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Reference Covid Non Vaccination - So this is the big story today in sports as the Australian PM himself intervened and as a result, Novac is facing deportation pending his lawyers lodging an appeal.

What are your views here? I personally respect the Australian Government taking this stance but hey im no politician and i am sure this story will rumble on...

Why should the rich and famous be treated any different from Joe Bloggs. I'm sorry, but I support the Australian Government's decision.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to be sorry lol

Why should the rich and famous be treated any different from Joe Bloggs. I'm sorry, but I support the Australian Government's decision.

I agreed with the decision as per my post, I was just keen to ask the community on their thoughts.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, way to stay on top of the story. I last read that he was being held by Australian Border Services, but that he was already cleared to play because of a "Medical Exemption".

It is HIS team that failed to apply for the proper visa. It is the Australian Government that has implemented and are applying the rules. The only mystery here is how he got the exemption from the Aussie Tennis Association.

Novaxx has been flouting all rules for the Pandemic since the start. These morons insist on avoiding all measures to contain the Pandemic and even revel in their disobedience. In their opinion, no one can interfere with their freedom to spread a disease and potentially harm countless people. F*CK THEM.

The disease has now mutated into a highly contagious, but less lethal form. This is obviously good and bad. If the Health Care systems of the world can survive the current onslaught, we may even be getting close to the end of the Pandemic (to be replaced with an Endemic situation). Assholes who refuse vaccination and then insist on travelling internationally, and doing everything they can to spread the virus deserve special treatment - and not special treatment to help them spread the virus.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wow, way to stay on top of the story. I last read that he was being held by Australian Border Services, but that he was already cleared to play because of a "Medical Exemption".

It is HIS team that failed to apply for the proper visa. It is the Australian Government that has implemented and are applying the rules. The only mystery here is how he got the exemption from the Aussie Tennis Association.

Novaxx has been flouting all rules for the Pandemic since the start. These morons insist on avoiding all measures to contain the Pandemic and even revel in their disobedience. In their opinion, no one can interfere with their freedom to spread a disease and potentially harm countless people. F*CK THEM.

The disease has now mutated into a highly contagious, but less lethal form. This is obviously good and bad. If the Health Care systems of the world can survive the current onslaught, we may even be getting close to the end of the Pandemic (to be replaced with an Endemic situation). Assholes who refuse vaccination and then insist on travelling internationally, and doing everything they can to spread the virus deserve special treatment - and not special treatment to help them spread the virus.

This 100%.

Djokovic the idiot, broke Covid protocols already and his father, just as much an idiot, was trying to verbally intimidate the Australian authorities regarding Djokovic attending the open (or not) at the end of last year. The father is now ranting on Twitter that its a 'libertarian issue'. As always with such cretins it political and pathetic.

By the by, I am not aware he actually received an exemption. He claimed he did when he was flying to Australia on Twitter, but I do not know if it was confirmed. If he was promised an exemption from the tennis association then I hope they get the book thrown at them also

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This 100%.

Djokovic the idiot, broke Covid protocols already and his father, just as much an idiot, was trying to verbally intimidate the Australian authorities regarding Djokovic attending the open (or not) at the end of last year. The father is now ranting on Twitter that its a 'libertarian issue'. As always with such cretins it political and pathetic.

By the by, I am not aware he actually received an exemption. He claimed he did when he was flying to Australia on Twitter, but I do not know if it was confirmed. If he was promised an exemption from the tennis association then I hope they get the book thrown at them also
It was reported in Canadian sports media last night and this morning that an exemption had been granted. I even saw an interview with the English team with one member saying "if it had been me, I don't think the exemption would have been granted". The process was said to have been carried out by two different, independent panels of doctors. This was a medical exemption, but no details were provided - this would have interfered with Novaxx's FREEDOM!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This 100%.

It was reported in Canadian sports media last night and this morning that an exemption had been granted. I even saw an interview with the English team with one member saying "if it had been me, I don't think the exemption would have been granted". The process was said to have been carried out by two different, independent panels of doctors. This was a medical exemption, but no details were provided - this would have interfered with Novaxx's FREEDOM!

He was visiting for a legitimate business reason.

Someone from the Australian Health Department should have been assigned to him to get him through all the red tape. As should all big business visitors to expedite their customs/border process. Yes even poker players for large tournaments.

What I don't appreciate is how large his staff and entourage is. Are they vaccinated?

Ultimately every country can decide for themselves who to let in and who to turn away.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could't happen to a nicer guy,,,, :deal: Jerkovic,,,lol

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

The reporting is all over the map on this.

Patrick McEnroe for example was stating on cable news the Victorian authorities had issued the exemption but they have stated they never did regarding Djokovic. Further I am not sure such an exemption is even granted for sports specifically, but for general health reasons.

Rod Laver has asked Djokovic to 'reveal' his exemption and I do not believe it has materialized as yet.

robertboz

robertboz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm curious to see if Novak will be vaccinated after this Melbourne scandal, which I don't think, but I say it again and I claim that the vaccine does not kill the virus, so we are all carriers of the virus whether we are vaccinated or not. . they alleviate the disease, and the unvaccinated make it worse until death. So I got vaccinated in October with a single dose of Jonshon more for the restrictions in my country, I hope I don't have to take other doses to get out of this pandemic. health for that exemption

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'm curious to see if Novak will be vaccinated after this Melbourne scandal, which I don't think, but I say it again and I claim that the vaccine does not kill the virus, so we are all carriers of the virus whether we are vaccinated or not. . they alleviate the disease, and the unvaccinated make it worse until death. So I got vaccinated in October with a single dose of Jonshon more for the restrictions in my country, I hope I don't have to take other doses to get out of this pandemic. health for that exemption

I doubt him eventually being smarter than some individuals here who have same mindset about this thing so ...

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This vaccination is terror, nothing more than a deal for drug manufacturers.
Has anyone not yet realized that there are countless people (including in my environment) who have already received 3 vaccinations and eventually died in hospital in COVID?
The only difference between the vaccinee and the unvaccinated (ALLEGEDLY) is that the course of the disease is milder.
He who is vaccinated catches the disease and infects like an unvaccinated.
So what are we talking about?
That's what's happening worldwide, politics ...
It's all starting to become a witch hunt.
It doesn’t bother me if someone isn’t vaccinated, and neither is it when it’s vaccinated, it’s everyone’s individual responsibility to do what they do.
this would all be in the common interest if the vaccinee did not continue to infect, but since this is not the case, from here on out vaccination just can only be of maximum individual interest.
If you are afraid, you can give yourself the vaccine (but of course you can catch the virus anyway).
It would be good if what I wrote would make everyone think a little bit about where this whole thing that is going on in the world is going now, this incitement against each other...
I hope I have not offended anyone in their faith and there is still freedom of opinion here on Cardschat. :shakehand
I wish everyone a happy and long life of their own choosing.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The aussies should be really proud of their government.
Stupids should be treated as stupids.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the goverment did the right thing, if you think you are better then everybody
else you get what you deserve.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This vaccination is terror, nothing more than a deal for drug manufacturers.
Has anyone not yet realized that there are countless people (including in my environment) who have already received 3 vaccinations and eventually died in hospital in COVID?
The only difference between the vaccinee and the unvaccinated (ALLEGEDLY) is that the course of the disease is milder.
He who is vaccinated catches the disease and infects like an unvaccinated.
So what are we talking about?

More than 90% of the people who is hospitalized by Covid are unvaccinated. The rest probably was contaminated by then.

0d418cf843ecaaae8ef2365eeb82f4c5.png

These hospitalizations costs a fortune for anyone who pay taxes

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...st-the-u-s-health-system-billions-of-dollars/

No one said any moment that a vaccinated will never be contaminated. With the emerging of new variations, new vaccines will be necessary, like occurs with the flu virus . To extinguish a virus take several years. And this get worst when there are a significant percentage of morons that refuses to vaccinated because saw somewhere rumors about a conspiracy including doctors, scientists, health organizations and press all over the world. The truth is on twitter, of course.

No one must have the freedom to kill another people because of a idiotic choice. We have 5,5 million dead by covid in the world now. Most of then never had the chance to had a vaccine. Some of then take all care in a responsible way. But are infected and killed by familiars and friends who were totally irresponsible, refusing to use masks and staying isolated when it was necessary.

This never can be a choice. If you decide to not hear science and take risks, other people are not obligated to be you in the same ambient. The Australian government is absolutely right about this issue.

Last edited:
V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning..Well done Australian authorities!.Djokovic shouldn´t be part of this Australian Open and should be deported on Monday.I hope French, British and American authorities will do the same.thing.If Nole wants to play a Grand Slam.he will need to get vaccinated.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something is not good with this world. Fewer and fewer normal people exist. To treat a normal Serbian dignified, honest and healthy citizen like a criminal, That is ridiculous. Hats off to Djokovic and his position - Rare are the worthy, self-respecting people, people who stand their honest opinions, people who would find it hard to believe in agitation. Djokovic is an example of the fact that you can't take away a person's right - to force him to do something against his will illegally. Respect!

It is inhuman and immoral to divide people into unvaccinated and vaccinated. You have to respect both types of people, you have no right to separate them. All human beings are absolutely equal

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
This 100%.

For his father, I agree with you, but say Novak is an idiot, only an idiot can do that. You believe in the vaccine as a child in Santa Claus. Everyone has the right to their own decision and I respect that. I bear the consequences for my decisions, as he will. The only problem is that it is not his fault but the fault between the organizers and the government. Some allowed him another encore and now the shifting of blame from one to the other has begun. No matter how it ends, no one can take away from him that he is probably the best tennis player ever

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Something is not good with this world. Fewer and fewer normal people exist. To treat a normal Serbian dignified, honest and healthy citizen like a criminal, That is ridiculous. Hats off to Djokovic and his position - Rare are the worthy, self-respecting people, people who stand their honest opinions, people who would find it hard to believe in agitation. Djokovic is an example of the fact that you can't take away a person's right - to force him to do something against his will illegally. Respect!

It is inhuman and immoral to divide people into unvaccinated and vaccinated. You have to respect both types of people, you have no right to separate them. All human beings are absolutely equal

No - no one has to respect the vaccinated and unvaccinated -that's complete hogwash.

The unvaccinated are the primary cause that others are getting infected and the pandemic keeps circulating within society. They are also draining health services around the globe and in additionally hindering the global economy.

Djokovic is a clown you appear to think represents integrity. As he has already shown by breaking Covid protocols by holding a party where Covid spread (he and his wife both tested positive) he does not care if he endangers others. Djokovic apologized at the time, but that now looks like nothing but a PR stunt.

Djokovic has found out he might be able to strut around taking some half-baked political stance at home, but that does not gain him automatic entry into a country where the nation has been treating Covid with the protocols it merits.

It's a matter of life and you can't read the room (this thread) right as the majority here aren't going to find a patriotic Serbian post as anything but embarrassing.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For his father, I agree with you, but say Novak is an idiot, only an idiot can do that. You believe in the vaccine as a child in Santa Claus. Everyone has the right to their own decision and I respect that. I bear the consequences for my decisions, as he will. The only problem is that it is not his fault but the fault between the organizers and the government. Some allowed him another encore and now the shifting of blame from one to the other has begun. No matter how it ends, no one can take away from him that he is probably the best tennis player ever

Djokovic is an idiot as he already threw a party where Covid spread. You missed that? Djokovic is also an idiot for presuming his status would allow him to breeze into Australia, without proof of vaccination.

As for blaming the authorities, that doesn't hack it. Djokovic and his father have been playing the Australian authorities since last year concerning his attendance, or not, of the open.

Quite simple- to play the open without any hassle all he needed to do was get vaccinated. The open rules, Australian rules not Djokovic rules. And please, let's leave Santa Claus out of this.

"No matter how it ends, no one can take away from him that he is probably the best tennis player ever"

Is that what this is about? Butt hurt concerning his popularity (or lack thereof) ? Sorry this vaccination fiasco or not, many dislike Djokovic already and best player ever or not, he will never rival Federer or Nadal in terms of popularity...and this stunt has just made him even more despised.

Last edited:
G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The unvaccinated are the primary cause that others are getting infected and the pandemic keeps circulating within society.
Absolutely 100% wrong. The vaccinated people are the reason and we are seeing this obviously day after day. The unvaccinated are limited and cannot do anything. Vaccinated people are allowed to do anything, and as a colleague told you above, this vaccine does not protect you from anything. This is not a vaccine. The vaccine is something that 100% protects you from disease and not to get sick slightly.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Djokovic is an idiot as he already threw a party where Covid spread. You missed that? Djokovic is also an idiot for presuming his status would allow him to breeze into Australia, without proof of vaccination.

As for blaming the authorities, that doesn't hack it. Djokovic and his father have been playing the Australian authorities since last year concerning his attendance, or not, of the open.

Quite simple- to play the open without any hassle all he needed to do was get vaccinated. The open rules, Australian rules not Djokovic rules. And please, let's leave Santa Claus out of this.

"No matter how it ends, no one can take away from him that he is probably the best tennis player ever"

Is that what this is about? Butt hurt concerning his popularity (or lack thereof) ? Sorry this vaccination fiasco or not, many dislike Djokovic already and best player ever or not, he will never rival Federer or Nadal in terms of popularity...and this stunt has just made him even more despised.
Novak Djokovic did not receive the vaccine for health reasons, if you spit on him because of that, then you are a bigger idiot than you talk about him. I don't want to argue and I don't know why you mention Nadal and Federer. Do you love them or hate Djokovic? I do not support Novak and I do not mention Nadal who is in Australia and has a covid. Have a nice day and learn not to spread hatred. Life is short for such things, so enjoy it

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
He was visiting for a legitimate business reason.

Someone from the Australian Health Department should have been assigned to him to get him through all the red tape. As should all big business visitors to expedite their customs/border process. Yes even poker players for large tournaments.

What I don't appreciate is how large his staff and entourage is. Are they vaccinated?

Ultimately every country can decide for themselves who to let in and who to turn away.

The reporting is all over the map on this.

Patrick McEnroe for example was stating on cable news the Victorian authorities had issued the exemption but they have stated they never did regarding Djokovic. Further I am not sure such an exemption is even granted for sports specifically, but for general health reasons.

Rod Laver has asked Djokovic to 'reveal' his exemption and I do not believe it has materialized as yet.
He never wanted to play the game, he tried to play a different game and lost. He thought he was above the law, this issue has been building for well over a month with him flaunting some kind of exemption that he wouldn't reveal, just because some dickhead in Tennis Aust probably said to him, "No worries mate, we'll sort this for you" doesn't mean that C&BP officers won't be doing their jobs.

More than 90% of the people who is hospitalized by Covid are unvaccinated. The rest probably was contaminated by then.

0d418cf843ecaaae8ef2365eeb82f4c5.png

These hospitalizations costs a fortune for anyone who pay taxes

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...st-the-u-s-health-system-billions-of-dollars/

No one said any moment that a vaccinated will never be contaminated. With the emerging of new variations, new vaccines will be necessary, like occurs with the flu virus . To extinguish a virus take several years. And this get worst when there are a significant percentage of morons that refuses to vaccinated because saw somewhere rumors about a conspiracy including doctors, scientists, health organizations and press all over the world. The truth is on twitter, of course.

No one must have the freedom to kill another people because of a idiotic choice. We have 5,5 million dead by covid in the world now. Most of then never had the chance to had a vaccine. Some of then take all care in a responsible way. But are infected and killed by familiars and friends who were totally irresponsible, refusing to use masks and staying isolated when it was necessary.

This never can be a choice. If you decide to not hear science and take risks, other people are not obligated to be you in the same ambient. The Australian government is absolutely right about this issue.
Not fair that you're bringing facts into the discussion.

:top:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Novak Djokovic did not receive the vaccine for health reasons, if you spit on him because of that, then you are a bigger idiot than you talk about him. I don't want to argue and I don't know why you mention Nadal and Federer. Do you love them or hate Djokovic? I do not support Novak and I do not mention Nadal who is in Australia and has a covid. Have a nice day and learn not to spread hatred. Life is short for such things, so enjoy it

What health reasons? Why is he an exception?

I do not support Novak...except you just posted laying the blame at others feet for his personal decisions.

Accusing me of hatred and spitting on people is melodramatic (would that be a Serbian tone issue like his stupid father?)- I have no respect for Djokovic because he does not merit respect.

Related Australian Guides: Online Casinos - AU Mobile Casinos - AU Gambling - Online Pokies - Sports Betting - Mobile Poker