NBA Playoff Basketball

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dumb choice on his part, nothing to win. It would actually add to his legacy if he sat out and gs lost. GSM can't win without him, and he won't be back there next year. So he could get them a win, maybe 2, but they won't win 3 straight vs toronto. On the other hand, he could further his injury and cost him millions, and possibly never be the same player. It's a dumb move on his part and a selfish on on gs management's part.

Secret Rival

Secret Rival

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I took the Raptors tonight.....then the line fell :eek:

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They beat GS with only Curry on it. Then they beat them with Curry, Thompson, and Looney. Now they must win against a gimped Durant, or I will win $25.

Secret Rival

Secret Rival

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, that sucked!!

Choke artists. Damn.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. Looks like the bandwagon unloading some more dead weight

Saw this after Game 1 vs Orlando and Milwaukee. Not really a surprise.

That’s ok. If the Heroes Of Toronto pull it out, I’m sure everyone will go Super Fan and say they never lost hope. Never gave up

Lol lol lol lol lol lol

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd say there is a pretty good chance they will win now that Looney and Durant are again off. I think Raptors very well could have lost in game 7 had Durant not blown his Achilles tendon up in such a spectacular fashion in game 5. Even if he just jogged around and took shots from passes and kept his leg safe, he would probably have made a big impact. Buuuuuuut we all saw how he played it out, like he was Superman and could go 0 to 100 percent straight from missing a month or so. I bet he never tried that move in his practices leading up. What's done is done. Raptors fans didn't deserve the win to be in their city and the team didn't play that great. They have two more chances and history is on their side.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great game by GS!! :elefant: Took all they had to beat us,,,, Now we goin back to cali.

M

Muckutoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Course I was disappointed the raptors didn’t win, but I have not lost faith. I have lost more faith in the blues beating the Bruins in game seven, I was really cheering for St. Louis to win game 6. Go Raptors, Go Blues!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kevin Durant has suffered a serious injury

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
achilles is official. what a blow for the finals and the NBA as a whole. very sad :(

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
he gets 31.5 million no matter what next year, played the hero and gets paid

M

Muckutoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well holy crap! I posted earlier that I had more faith in the raptors winning than the blues after they failed to win the Stanley cup in game 6. They did it in game 7, and now the raptors need to clinch for me to continue to have the desired outcomes in all major sports. Go Raptors Go!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's incredible, but I believed in Raptors at the beginning of the playoffs

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, congratulations to Toronto. From a strong middle-class they turned into a top team

M

Muckutoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I was very happy to hear they won. Unfortunately I had to work too late and didn’t get to watch it, but that happens

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speak honestly and without pretensions. Here in Toronto, nobody really believed that the Raptors would win the whole thing even after witnessing small victories. We won because the Golden State was truly hamstrung. Not because our team was the most superior.

This championship could set a dangerous precedent of delusion of grandeur for our city.

Not saying we should not celebrate. We can and will. But even fraudulent Justin Trudeau tried to associate himself with this victory with his congratulatory tweets. But he never believed himself or did anything to improve the national basketball program with his own hands.

The Raptors are still trash and Toronto is full of fake fans who now have a convenient reason to get drunk and honk their horns throughout the night. True story.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on winning Toronto, they really made a miracle:playingba

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We the Champions! :star: Let the party begin! :dancing:

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just enjoy it like a good 1 outer.

That's a pretty good analogy.

No wonder their fans were celebrating when KD got injured.

I'm happy for Toronto and the players especially Kawhi, but GSW without KD and KT are a mediocre team.

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look forward to the next season. It will be interesting to see the GS, including the new arena in San Francisco

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could also cost him way more than that if it turns out being worst case, not to mention how it could affect the rest of his career from a legacy standpoint. Was a dumb choice to play, by everyone involved with the choice.
he gets 31.5 million no matter what next year, played the hero and gets paid

L

Leopoldovec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would rather have a new season... So many exchanges, transitions, draft the upcoming. It will be interesting

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It could also cost him way more than that if it turns out being worst case, not to mention how it could affect the rest of his career from a legacy standpoint. Was a dumb choice to play, by everyone involved with the choice.
someone will pay the guy this offseason.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt about that, but if his results are severe he won't get a max contract. Maybe a 1 or 2 year deal for way less than people seem to be expecting in here. Like I said before that game started, it's a dumb choice for him to play all around, and it proved to be so. His style of play would be wayyyyyyy more affected than cousins for example.
someone will pay the guy this offseason.