NBA betting thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice day today. Didn't lose anything. Not only in nba, but all the nfl, and the one college game. Was 8-0 in total. I missed out on the Nuggets second half because I was busy with a customer support thing that took forever. Pretty sure I would have been on it. Not sure what it was but I'd guess is was -1 or -2.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thursday (2-0) +$200/ +2.0 Units Overall (48-33-4) +$1170 / +11.70 Units

Recap - Mavericks score 122-111 = OVER 219.5 (1-0) and Nuggets finish at home (1-0)

Friday -

Miami (+5.5) @ Home vs Lakers - Numbers are pretty close - got to see what a 11-0 home dog can do

Don't care much for the other games and their numbers. Watch out Friday the 13th! :eek:

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on the other side, mostly because it's fell to 5 flat, and that's exactly what I take the Lakers at against just about anyone.

I like Houston -5.5
Pacers -6
Bucks -9.5
Philly -8
Clippers -5.5

I'll try to get in depth later, I'm crazy busy today and need to go out for a bit.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I'm going to play those ones I like also. Philly dropped a point to 7 and clippers dropped a half to 5 flat.

Houston -5.5
Super high of fence against low offence. I see Houston having a few big runs in the game that will get this covered easily.

Pacers -6
Playing a team that chokes. I wouldn't say Indiana have become consistent up to their talent level, but they fade way less often than early season. Match ups look nice and I don't think young can have a typical game here.

Bucks -10
went up half a point unfortunately but I still like it. Just a very solid team against a low tier team that isn't competing consistently like earlier in the season where they hung around in games.

Philly -7
Kind of riding them until they faulter. They have been really good lately, playing a team that's not been.

Clips -5
Kind of the same reasoning as the lakers, though the clips aren't nearly as consistent. Kat has a match up advantage here, so I expect him to play a great game, but that's the only advantage the wholes have. For 5, I can't say no.

Lakers -5
Because I always bet them 5 or under.

I'm looking to tease the jazz with something, Creighton and Nebraska most likely.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think about these props ?

LeBron James to score Over 39.5 Points and Lakers to win 17 to 1

LeBron James Over 7.5 Rebounds and LA Lakers to Win +185

LeBron James Over 27.5 Points and LA Lakers to Win +160

I'm on the other side, mostly because it's fell to 5 flat, and that's exactly what I take the Lakers at against just about anyone.

I like Houston -5.5
Pacers -6
Bucks -9.5
Philly -8
Clippers -5.5

I'll try to get in depth later, I'm crazy busy today and need to go out for a bit.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, sorry just seen this as I was about to say second half plays.

Highly unlikely he will score 40. He is more of a facilitate role now. The other 2 are possible, I like the over 8 rebounds more so.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Houston -2 second half
They are playing just ok, but still over in the full game. A spurt or 2 in the second should give them the space for this to hit even in trash time

Philly -2 second half
Same line as above, and exact same reasoning as above. Only difference is they aren't quite covering yet. This second half line equates to the same as the full game line.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers -6 second half and over 103 second half
They are down 8 due to turnovers. They have 11 already and the heat have just 3. I tend to bet Lakers down second halfs. I really like that over though. If they clean it up a little, they could steal a win here.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers on a 23 to 8 run to open the 3rd, hell yeah!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bucks -6.5 second half
They aren't playing their best game, and blew a dd lead, only up 2 at the half, but they may be the best second half team in the league, at worst they are second behind the Lakers.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers money line
Will come down to these 1 or 2 last plays and I like them to lock this down. Isn't cheap, but cheap enough to the value

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zipped it a few minutes into the 4th.
Just noticed Philly pushed.. I'm pushing a lot lately.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you bet these? The bottom 2 won. A nice return there if you did.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jazz -8 second half
They tend to make runs in the second half and honestly I think they realize how embarrassing it would be to lose at home to the warriors.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you bet these? The bottom 2 won. A nice return there if you did.

No I did not. I was debating which of the bottom two I liked better then I got distracted and forgot about it until the game started. Oh well.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-1

Only loss was Lakers full game. Philly full game and the second half pushed.

Houston covered full a day 2nd half, bucks covered full and Second half,
Lakers covered second half, and second half over, Indiana covered full, clippers covered full, jazz covered second half, and a small return on the Lakers money line.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, too bad. Sorry I took that long to reply, I was looking at all the stats of the games to see if there were some angles for the second half lines of those first games.

No I did not. I was debating which of the bottom two I liked better then I got distracted and forgot about it until the game started. Oh well.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can Miami hold down Luka Doncic & Dallas Mavs?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks brother. Ironic that you made and won your bet, and it was the one thing I lost. If I had to lose one, I'm glad it was that one. Too bad Philly couldn't hit those free throws in the last few minutes but I'm fine with some pushes. Looking over the navy and army game tomorrow now. I can't figure out why it's only -10. Usually I'll avoid games where I can't find a reason why a line seems off but I think I'm going to go heavy on navy. You going to be on the game?

Nice work Synopsis! Well done!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks brother. Ironic that you made and won your bet, and it was the one thing I lost. If I had to lose one, I'm glad it was that one. Too bad Philly couldn't hit those free throws in the last few minutes but I'm fine with some pushes. Looking over the navy and army game tomorrow now. I can't figure out why it's only -10. Usually I'll avoid games where I can't find a reason why a line seems off but I think I'm going to go heavy on navy. You going to be on the game?

I figured the Heat/Laker game would be a good tussle. Butler makes that team so much better.

I was looking at Army/Navy game. Midshipmen -9.5 - i think this spread is too much - both teams are pretty close except rushing yards given up. I would think Army will be up for this one trying to keep the streak vs Navy alive. Hawaii game blowout - I wouldn't take this game into consideration after a big luau lol. I will probably abstain from this game

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn, too bad. Sorry I took that long to reply, I was looking at all the stats of the games to see if there were some angles for the second half lines of those first games.

No biggie. I was just looking to make a fun bet that would earn a free bet. Just appreciate you participating when you can. Glad to have you back in the NFL thread.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never really make bets like those, but the other day I made one with a free bet. Was the night I said something about it in the NFL thread. Turns out it was about free play for about you player prop, not just nfl. I ended up betting giannis over 30 points and over 6 assists for +286. It won. I bet if you knew match ups well that props like these would be profitable, but it's all or nothing, you can't buy out of stuff like that. I'm thinking harden and giannis would probably be the easiest ones to win consistently on with stuff like that.
No biggie. I was just looking to make a fun bet that would earn a free bet. Just appreciate you participating when you can. Glad to have you back in the NFL thread.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without all those turnovers, Lakers would have won by 20. I feel like every time pope comes in the game, there are 2 or 3 turnovers in the next few minutes.

Wish it had been 9.5 last night, I would have bought it to 9 flat. I bet it at 10, which I still like. It's up to 11.5 now. I just don't see this being a close game. I also don't see it being under 41.5.
I figured the Heat/Laker game would be a good tussle. Butler makes that team so much better.

I was looking at Army/Navy game. Midshipmen -9.5 - i think this spread is too much - both teams are pretty close except rushing yards given up. I would think Army will be up for this one trying to keep the streak vs Navy alive. Hawaii game blowout - I wouldn't take this game into consideration after a big luau lol. I will probably abstain from this game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clippers -4
I'd take this with George and leonard both out. Their bench is too good for the bulls and that's my sole reasoning.

Bucks -11
Cleveland show potential here and there, but this is a bad spot for them. Bucks are so deep and seem to have a chip on their shoulder to where even if they are down by 20 at half they can win by double digits. Cleveland doesn't match up good here at any position.

I'm considering Houston any and denverbut I need to look more into those

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars