NBA betting thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you want miami, take it now because I could see money coming in on them before the tip off. As for the game, it's one I'll avoid because I see these teams in the same light on a consistently level. It's too random for me to put money on. I'd take the points if I did bet it.
Can Miami hold down Luka Doncic & Dallas Mavs?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bucks -2 second half
Big lead, I was hoping it would make this a pk, but 2 doesn't chase me off considering how well they play second halfs.

edit... also heat and macs over 104 second half
Just seems really low for 2 teams that like to purchase it shots.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Houston -6 second half
I skipped on betting them and denver, but I think I'll be on both the second half. As for this one, Houston seems to be a bit sluggish out the gate and are down dd. Something tells me they will get a million free throws in the second half.

I'll edit this post in a few minutes when the Denver game is at half.

Edit.. wow denver is only -2 in a somewhat close game?? Yeah... I'm on that.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to bet Denver live
Reasoning is that it's exactly what the second half line takes it to, so it's more or less doubling up the bet. 9 minutes left
Pistons -6.
They are up 10. This isn't technically a buy out, but it would work like one.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-3 kind of sloppy on my part but profit on a sloppy day isn't something I'll say no to.

Clips straight up lost after getting the cover plus a few, bucks Second lost, as did Houston second half

Bucks covered full, Denver covered both lines, mavs and heat Second half went over, Detroit managed to hold on for the live cover.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without all those turnovers, Lakers would have won by 20. I feel like every time pope comes in the game, there are 2 or 3 turnovers in the next few minutes.

Wish it had been 9.5 last night, I would have bought it to 9 flat. I bet it at 10, which I still like. It's up to 11.5 now. I just don't see this being a close game. I also don't see it being under 41.5.

QB Perry something else yesterday! I can see why you liked Navy. 41.5 was pretty close but the total was Under.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday (1-0) +$100/ +1.0 Units Overall (49-33-4) +$1270 / +12.70 Units

Recap - Heat have some turnover help to cover the spread (1-0)

Sunday -

NY Knicks (+10.5) @ Denver - Nuggets played last night - Knicks a little more rest - think the line is too much after back to back - O/U 206 - tells me low scoring game

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I skipped on the over because of all the clock management between 2 running teams. I almost got on an over after that first possession of the second half, and it would have win, but I just started to focus just on the spread lines. He had like 300 yards with a did average. Could have had more too because he rested a solid portion of the 4th, only coming in on a few key plays here and there.
QB Perry something else yesterday! I can see why you liked Navy. 41.5 was pretty close but the total was Under.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Philly -3
Going to ride them on low lines still until they show otherwise.

Lakers -4, Indiana -3, nuggets -3 teaser.
I like all the games, but a bit much on the lines for my liking. I would have taken any of these at 9 or 10.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers -4 second half
Semi close game against a team that tends to choke in second halfs.

Philly -5.5
Unexpectedly down at half, we're even down do at one point. If they don't win I'd expect them to be within 8, which is what this line would need to win.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes 1-3 today, if Denver covers for the teaser at least, which looks like they will, up 20 already. Was 15-4 for the week before today. Guess that run is over, as is philly. I went out to eathe so I didn't pay any mind to the games to buy out. Still a decent run for the week. Sometimes it's rains.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't like any numbers today!

With Doncic out - maybe Bucks -11 but I am not feeling it lol

Portland and Phoenix is an interesting game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's down to 10 now. No luka, and in Milwaukee?? I'll take a stab at that.

I'm considering phoenix, and miami. Both lines aren falling in their favor at the moment. When Miami hits 4, I'm on it. On the fence about phoenix.
Don't like any numbers today!

With Doncic out - maybe Bucks -11 but I am not feeling it lol

Portland and Phoenix is an interesting game

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm only on the bucks tonight, at least as of right now, but I just looked at the scores and wow the spurs scored 16 points in the first 2 minutes. Rockets must have been giving them the ball after every made shot.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of the bucks, they have 8 points and the mavs have 8 points 7 minutes into the quarter. Man they must be playing on those rims they have at fairs that are like 14 foot high, warped, and the front of the rim pulled up.

Yikes, lots of points a few minutes after, but mostly by dallas. Bucks are getting stomped.

Houston down 27 to 7, then scored 10 in like a minute. Weird night man, glad I'm only on 1 game otherwise I'd probably be deep in it tonight.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably shouldn't but I'm going to take a stab at Miami +2.5, down 5, but are digging out of a hole. They look like they are getting it together.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally shouldn't be doing this, but I'm going Miami -5 second half. They are getting whooped even worse now. I'm doing bucks -8 second half also. I feel a bit better about the bucks one. They got it down to a 3 point game after being down big.

Going to take the suns too, line is up to 2.5, I'm going to buy the hook for +3.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 tonight, 18-10 for the week

Bucks never made a second half run, which has kind of became their thing, they make a big run and win by dd. Not tonight, they were just off all night. Heat covered the second half but not the live, suns got beat but covered.

18-10 is great but I had a 15-4 start to the week, so I'm a little sour on how it turned out.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunday (1-0) +$100/ +1.0 Units Overall (50-33-4) +$1370 / +13.70 Units

Recap - Knicks play better in 2nd half vs Nuggets and cover 10.5 (1-0)

Tuesday -

Charlotte (+4.5) @ Home vs Sacramento - numbers pretty close plus Hornets home town dog

Indy (+4) @ Home vs Lakers - Pacers have won 11 of last 14 - LeBron rolled ankle pretty good in Atlanta

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all over the Lakers -4 ribby, not just because they are a better team, but for the human aspect! I bet on these situations almost any time I see them, and they tend to win at a high rate. Lakers presidents mother died, and at first glance that's not like a team motivational thing like if a coach, or players loved one passed on, but jeanie buss is a hands on president and is loved by those around her. This should help fuel the fire to win.

I also bet the jazz last night with the hook at -5. At home against a usually not great offence. Jazz should roll.

Clippers line seems too high but I'll pass on it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers pk second half pretty heavy
Going to be watching this game like a hawk.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Walking on a thin line here... I don't want to buy out... but I put too much on it not to. Lakers can't hit the free throws or they would be up 5 or 6 instead of tied.

Edit... I didn't buy out of the full game, that likely will be a loss, I just bought out of the second half because I took a decent sized swing at it. Don't want it to be confused.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to say, that was a pretty disappointin effort given the situation. Lakers came out really flat in the 3rd, got down double digits. I expected them to rally that second half. Then at the end what happened? Pope came in and immediately turned it over! I just mentioned r his the other day. This guy HAS to turnover the ball when he comes in, it's clock work. Then you have the game winning 3 taken by.... rondo??? They had 10 seconds to get a shot and rondo takes a 30 foot 3. They didn't come out motivated like I expected, seemed more bummed Davis was out. Oh well. Lakers have paid me pretty well so far this year, so I can't be too mad with them.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll try Utah +2 second half. Was hoping it would be 3.5, but I'll take 2. Orlando is playing their usual slow and low game, which plays into utahs strengths

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I think I might take a break off nba. Utah up 20, rolling, then just start fouling the shit out of everyone and turning it over. 20 point lead dropped to a 2 point lead in a handful of minutes.

Edit... make that a 20 point lead, to losing by 3... at home, against a non offensive team.. when your strong suit is defence....

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars